Part One

McDonald Girl
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

First Year College- SY. 2009-2010

 

 

She was the only girl he sees after the long turnover of self introductions.

 

She was the only girl he sees who could fit the term angelic.

 

She was the only girl who can capture his sleeping heart.

 

Sadly, he’s just one of the few guys who aim for her attention.

 

Jiyong smile unknowingly as the name of the newly met girl roll in his tongue, “Lee Chaerin…”

 

She was just an average girl with a funny personality. Sweet. Kind. Loves to smile a lot. Smart and hundred percent innocent. However, there was a habit of her that makes her cuter even more. What made it more special is the fact that they have same set of friends… that he doesn’t know whether to treat as advantage or disadvantage.

 

His heart is aching for her attention.

 

 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

“Ouch Chae! You pinch like a man!?” exclaimed their friend Bom. “Were you always like that whenever you get excited???”

 

“No, she’s always like that, period!” Minzy corrected her. Dara nodded in agreement, however Jiyong remained silent.

 

“Your face is so angelic, but in reality, you’re scarier than some random guy.” Dara voices out her opinion, and this is when he decided to in.

 

“Her face is angelic… and she’s the kindest girl I’ve ever met…” before walking away, lining up to the upcoming bus.

 

Chaerin could only look at the retreating form of Jiyong. “What’s wrong with him?” she absentmindedly asks her friends who only roll their eyes for her being so dense.

 

“Duh, what’s wrong with you…” Bom cooed, before the group followed Jiyong to get on the bus.

 

“What do you mean???” she curiously asks her after they successfully find some empty seats. She uses her lips to motion Jiyong, making her even more confuse. He, on the other hand, focuses his gaze on the other direction, away from them. Purposely doing so to hide his redden face.

 

“Five more minutes to go, and I am sure as hell that that guy will suffer from stiff neck.” Dara whispers.

 

Minzy whispers back at the girls, “True, he became like that after addressing Chaerin as the kindest person ever!” she made an exaggerated move to emphasize her point.

 

“Girls, don’t be like that… Maybe he was just thinking of something…” Chaerin denies.

 

“Dense!” the three said in unison.

 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

 

‘Strange. He became so strange as the days go by. Sure he’s sweet. Quiet. Perfectly intelligent. Cute. Kind. And close to everyone but me. Yeah, why does he acts so cold towards me? Did I do something wrong to him??’ she looks on the ceiling as she thinks. Suddenly…

 

Chaerin could only scratch her head in frustration. Today, the not so kind professor in their major subject decided to throw a pop up quiz and everyone in the class seems prepared except her. Glancing at her friends who were busy scribbling something on their sheets, she could only wait for a miracle to be handed to her. Since she was sitting on the corner, (with Dara on her left, Minzy on Dara’s left, Bommie on Minzy’s left and Jiyong on the other end, after Minzy’s) there was no other way to get answers but to duct front or dive back. Starting to feel desperate, she was about to kick Dara when all of a sudden, she passes a note to her. Chaerin could only smile at the thought of her helpful friend when it fades after reading something, before glaring back at her friends who immediately avoided her gaze. Sure the note has the answers. And it was really helpful. However, it was address to her and before she could even write down her answers, her friends took advantage of the situation, copying it first before it could reach the rightful owner. To think that it has to pass three of them after the source kindly and speedily handed it, Chaerin could only shake her head in amusement. She immediately copied what was written in it before stealing a glance at the guy on the other side of corner, mouthing ‘Thank You’ before keeping the note.

 

Jiyong smiles secretly, thanking his brain for its speed. He closes his eyes when it started to blur before shaking his head. ‘Damn, staying up all night just to master this subject is really unhealthy. But it’s okay, as long as I could help her... I will be fine.’

 

 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Birthday. It was her birthday today and they decided to celebrate it nearby beach. Although it’s restricted, her good but not so good friends brought alcoholic drinks, and they started a drinking session. Jiyong didn’t join them, so there were just four of them to celebrate, and though it saddens Chaerin, she brushes it off, thinking, ‘its better like this.’

 

 

“Aish, its already past midnight, doesn’t he texted you yet?” Dara asks.

 

“No.” That was all she could reply before downing a shot. She suddenly felt bitter, whether it’s because of the liquid she just intake or there were other reason she never bother to pay attention. “Aish! I want something sweet now!” Chaerin yawns after.

 

“Sweet your face. Where are we gonna steal what your taste bud call for? At least you should have craved for something salty.” Minzy remarks while pointing at the sea.

 

She just scowled on her friends. Fidgeting at her phone before deciding to stand up when…

 

“Sorry, I’m late! Just need to rush something.” A guy said before handing her a birthday cake. “Happy Birthday Chae…” he smiles at her.

 

“Whoah, Jiyong. We haven’t even heard you coming. Where did you ride?” Bommie raises her brow in query. Chaerin is still shock.

 

“I just walk my way here.” He panted.

 

The girls hissed while teasing the two. Chaerin feels giddy inside but she won’t let it show. “Stop you there! Jiyong was just being nice. Know what, you can eat it. Here” She passes the cake to them and excuses herself for a while, leaving the poor guy to just look at her retrieving back.

 

‘Strike One.’

 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Second Year College- SY. 2010-2011

 

Taking up a part time job was never easy. However, Chaerin still managed to maintain her grades, thanks to her supportive friends…and ehem! Persistent Suitor. Yes, after that beach birthday celebration, Jiyong started to open up more, showing her his real intentions. Chaerin was never fond with the idea though. First, she doesn’t want to ruin the bond inside their circles. Second, she had lots of things to prioritize before a relationship like that. Third, she doesn’t see him as the one, because fourth, she doesn’t even see him as a man.

 

“What? Care to repeat???” Minzy’s eyes widen when Chaerin told her the latter’s suspicion about Jiyong’s ual orientation.

 

“I mean come on, why us? There were lots of students in our department, why he chooses to befriend us??? We’re girls! And real guys usually hang out with their kinds…” she insisted.

 

“Chae, he’s courting you, maybe that’s the reason why he loves to hang out with us…” Dara defended their friend.

 

“Or maybe he’s just u

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter