Baekhyun, run away! A bug!

I've had enough!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The week flew by quickly- to Sora’s luck. It was already Friday evening and she couldn’t wait to meet up with Shun again. He had called her a few hours ago to ask her if she wanted to grab a bite together- which she had gladly accepted.

 

‘’So, what are you going to wear? I mean Shun likes his women y~’’

 

Sora glared at her sister through the mirror. Kiko was always implying that they were together, when in reality they were just friends. Sora couldn’t deny that she had a crush on Shun when she was younger… but she was already over it.

‘’Shut up, I’m going like this.’’ Sora snorted while straightening out her skirt. It was a bit on the short side she admitted, but at least she wore tights under it. She wasn’t in the mood to show off some skin.

‘’You’re so rude, you should really learn to have some manners.’’

Kiko gave Sora an even fiercer glare before leaving her room. Kiko slammed her door in the process. Sora rolled her eyes- not even bothering to react to her.

 

The blonde girl checked the time on her phone before deciding to leave her house. She went downstairs to grab her keys. When she opened the door to the living room, she saw her step-mom sitting on the couch with furrowed brows. The older woman was reading something on her tablet…probably work-related.

Sora surely wasn’t in the mood to bid her goodbye. Her step mom was such a little …to put it nicely.

It seemed however that the woman had noticed her as she called out Sora’s name.

‘’…yes?’’ Sora said while trying her hardest to not let her hate slip through her voice.

‘’Where are you going? And what is with that awful skirt? You look horrible…’’ The woman snorted while eyeing Sora up and down.

Sora glared while watching her own reflection in the big mirror on the wall. The skirt she was wearing made her legs seem longer and slimmer. It was a white laced skirt…she didn’t understand why it would make her look horrible.

‘’Are you planning on answering my questions any time soon?’’

‘’I'm going out…’’ Sora reluctantly said. She grabbed her keys and made way for the door. She was so fed up with that witch.

‘’And the skirt? Change it before you go, you disgrace.’’ The woman flipped her hair back and took a sip from her coffee.

Sora clenched her fists as she took deep steady breaths. She was not going to let her day get ruined by that stuck-up old woman.

Sora slammed the door and ran to her car. She started the engine and checked herself for the third time. She was quite satisfied with her appearance… then again, why was she feeling so insecure.

Sora grunted and ruffled her hair. She really needed to get away.

 

 

‘’Guys I want you to meet my little sister.’’

Jongin and Sehun looked up from their food. They saw Baekhyun holding the hand of a girl who looked nothing like him.

‘’She is new here and goes to our school too.’’ Baekhyun explained while taking a seat.

‘’Since when do you have a sister?’’ Jongin asked as he extended his hand to Seorin. Seorin gladly accepted with a big grin. It gave Jongin the chills. She reminded him of his friend who played in his soccer team.

 

‘’She looks like Park Chanyeol.’’ Sehun commented while making place for Seorin. Jongin chuckled and sat down again, Sehun read his mind.

‘’That’s my boyfriend.’’

Jongin froze and watched Baekhyun. Sehun was the only one who wasn’t fazed by her comment as he calmly continued to eat. It seemed that Baekhyun didn’t take it as lightly as he began nagging her about this apparent Chanyeol. Asking all kinds of stupid questions like; who is he? Why didn’t I know about this? Did he kiss you? How tall is he…and so on.

‘’He plays in my soccer team…’’ Jongin said, trying to distract Baekhyun from attacking his sister.

‘’What is he like? Is he erted?’’

Jongin almost choked on his drink. Park Chanyeol was the most erted guy he knew.

Jongin slowly shook his head. ‘’No, he isn’t.’’

Baekhyun didn’t need to know that.

Seorin gave Jongin a thankful look. She started to devour Baekhyun’s lunch- without him noticing. Baekhyun kept talking about Chanyeol. It was clear he disliked the guy already. Jongin ignored him though; he noticed Seorin didn’t talk a lot, which was surprising. If she was Baekhyun's sister; she should be an annoying little twit. But it seemed that Baekhyun was the only one who had inherited the genes of being an annoying little twit.

‘’Do you guys know Sora?’’

The air got heavier with that question. Seorin was oblivious to it though. Baekhyun tried to cover it up by awkwardly laughing.

‘’Why did you ask?’’

‘’She seems like a nice girl.’’

Jongin let out a sigh in relief. His body relaxed and he looked at Seorin. She was the first girl- after Kiko, in their school to talk positively about Sora.

‘’She is a very nice girl.’’ Jongin confirmed.

Jongin saw Seorin frown. She probably knew something was off.

‘’Why is she avoiding everyone then?’’

 Jongin dropped his food; he lost his appetite. Sehun looked at him with questioning eyes. Jongin gave him a weak smile and turned his attention on Seorin.

‘’Look Seorin-sshi, I don’t know you well, and I don’t know how well you know her but…if you don’t want to be hurt, I think it would be better you stayed away from her.’’

Seorin rolled her eyes as if she couldn’t believe how stupid Jongin was.

‘’Look Jongin-sshi, it is obvious that she is lonely. And I hate the fact that no one approaches her. I can’t believe you would say something like that. She is kind. I can see it in her eyes, but she is scared too. Don’t tell me that you actually believe she is a cold person just by judging the masks she puts on.’’

Jongin glared. What did Seorin know anyway? Wasn’t she new here? How could she lecture him about Sora? If anyone in this school knew what kind of amazing person Sora is, it would be him.

‘’Seorin, Jongin is in love with Sora. Don’t talk to him as if he’s like everyone else.’’ Baekhyun calmly explained. Jongin noticed her shocked expression. Her eyes turned soft and Jongin knew she was about to apologize.

‘’Don’t.’’ Jongin said while shoving his chair back. He didn’t need to hear her excuses.

 

After Jongin stormed out of the cafeteria, Baekhyun followed him; leaving Seorin with Sehun. Sehun eyed the girl as he felt a bang of pity in his chest. It was evident she was upset…

‘’Don’t mind him.’’ Sehun began as he cleaned the table a bit, ‘’He is suffering a lot because of Sora. You can’t imagine his pain so don’t judge him. And he is kind of hot-headed which is why he reacted like that.’’

Seorin didn’t say a word; she kept staring at her hands. Sehun sighed and scratched his ear. This was awkward.

‘’What I’m trying to say is…Jongin is probably the most sensitive person I know personally…and he is also the most caring one…especially when it comes down to Sora.’’ Sehun stopped talking. He didn’t even know what he was saying.

‘’Thank you.’’

Sehun flinched as he watched Seorin leave the cafeteria too. He stared at her through the window until he couldn’t see her anymore. Sehun didn’t understand why he was bothered by her sad smile. He shouldn’t care right? She was Baekhyun’s little sister…nothing more, right?

He kept replaying that soft voice in his head.

It sounded so lovely.

 

 

‘’You know, I chose this school because it has an En

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter