Day 3

Winter Horrorland

Day 3

==========================================

I woke up to the smell of bacon and eggs. Little did I know, that was the smell of Seungri’s cologne. Since when did they sell that stuff?!

After pestering him a bunch about where to buy it (if we ever got out), he grabbed my shoulders and screamed it in my ear. My grin spread from ear to ear, which hurt.

Breakfast was earlier than usual, seeing as almost everyone was still asleep. We were assigned a new mission: to wake up the devious little brats. This was because the teachers were too afraid of getting slapped by the rougher kids. But everyone was rough nowadays.

I kicked a few, jabbed a few, heck, I even a handful. And they did not taste good. But they all shot up, glared at me, spotted the food, then ran over. The reason why Seungri and I weren’t tripping over ourselves getting there was because we were bribed with food earlier on to get everyone else to notice the food.

As soon as everyone had gotten their (un)fair shares of nutritious breakfast, a kid had thrown up. The delinquents who were supposed to have detention were forced to clean it up. But there were too many. There was an ultimate game of rock-paper-scissors and half of them had no clue how to play.

One of them, Suzy, ended up chipping a nail and she scratched Lee Joon across the cheek, as if he was out to get her ‘fabulicious’ nails.

The kid who threw up was taken outside to an empty classroom for a ‘little talk’ with Joon after his mess was cleaned up. A small crowd gathered around the entrance, our eyes straining to hear faint thuds in the room. Then we heard a moan.

“What the hell was that?!” Hyuna shrieked, jumping away from the door. Everyone was gagging in agreement. The door suddenly opened, followed by a surprised Joon and little nerd with the weak stomach.

“What chu all looking at, huh?” He spat. We all turned away, pretending to mind our own business until he walked away.

Seungri disappeared somewhere along the way as the crowd dispersed. Back to being on my own.

It suddenly turned cold. I wondered if it was from my lack of a jacket but I noticed it was coming from a classroom. Cautiously, I approached it. What if there’s an open window?! We might be able to escape!

But these hopeful thoughts were counterattacked. I sort of liked being trapped in school…

I shook my head. Then as I entered the room, I gasped. It was in ruins. There was water dripping from a corner, which looked like it was crumbling in. I took a step back in fear, slamming against the doorframe. More water sloshed in, the building material landing with a thud and breaking into pieces.

“Joonhee? What’s wrong?” Ms. Kwon appeared at the door. I could only stand in fear. She let out a gasp. “Oh my…um, Joonhee?” She looked at me.

“Hm?” I replied, my voice meek.

“G-go get Mr. Kim and Mr. Jung,” she said, pushing me down the hall. I ran as fast as my feet would take me. Ignoring the friction, I burst through the gym doors. I didn’t even feel like calling it the headquarters.

“Hey, what’s wrong?” I turned to see whose hand was on my shoulder. Seungri.

“Later.” I brushed him off and continued on my way.

“Ms. Park, please stop running,” Mr. Kim’s sharp voice scolded. I whipped my head towards him and he stumbled back slightly.

“Mr. Kim!” I said, running towards him. He took a few cautious steps back.

“W-what?” He acted like I was some little girl with a big crush.

“Ms. Kwon…” I gasped, my lungs finally coming into action.

“What about her? Is she okay? Tell me!” He exclaimed, shaking my shoulders.

“The classroom...” I couldn’t remember the number. “Oh, just come with me!” I yelled through gritted teeth and grabbed his arm. I grabbed Mr. Jung’s arm too, blushing madly.

Mr. Kim stumbled backwards at the sight. Ms. Kwon and I had to grab his shoulders to steady him. Soon, a large crowd of people had gathered around. Not many knew what we were so scared about. But someone came to her senses. Mr. Jung mumbled something under his breath.

“D-does this mean if this place breaks, we’ll…” she gulped, “die?” There were murmurs among the students as they finally understood.

“Yeah, basically,” Mr. Kim whispered, loosening his tie.

A pair of arms found their way around me, enveloping me in a back hug. I was pulled backwards.

“Joonhee? What’s going on?” The human panda said when we were back in the gym.

“How should I know?” I replied.

“Well…why’s everyone so scared?” He pushed on. I shook my head.

“Not everyone,” I said.

“Yeah—“ he was cut off abruptly by a sharp whistle.

“Okay everybody! Since we may be here for a while, why don’t we play a game of hide-and-go-seek?!” A chirpy voice yelled into Mr. Kim’s loudspeaker. A young boy was standing next to her, beaming at everyone.

“Hey! Give that back!” The possessive owner of the loudspeaker yelled, chasing them around.

“Hold on, Mr. Kim! We’re not beginning yet,” she said, wagging a finger at him. He growled.

“Hello! I’m Lee Taemin,” the boy said, grabbing the loudspeaker. The girl snatched it back, giving him a glare.

“And I am Sunny!” She introduced, waving at us. Some erts waved back with a creepy grin. She ignored them. “Some of you may know us as the activities coordinators. Well we have an activity for you! As we mentioned earlier, we’re starting a game of hide-and-go-seek! Who wants to play with us?” She smiled even wider. About everyone raised their hands, boys and girls alike, eagerly wanting to play with the two underaged kids. Seungri nudged me and pulled my hand up.

“I haven’t played since I was a kid!” He squealed. Good, at least he knows what play means.

“Awesome!” Taemin, who had now taken back the speaker, said. “For those of you who don’t know the rules, it’s simple. There will be one seeker who will close their eyes and count to a hundred. Everyone else runs off to hide. Once the seeker sees you, they have to catch you in order to link up with you. Then the two of you will continue on to make your…er…” he trailed off.

“Blob?” Sunny suggested with a playful grin. Taemin laughed.

“Yes, blob. Continue to make your blob bigger!” This got a huge wave of laughter out of the students.

“I will start with being the seeker!” Sunny yelled without the use of the loudspeaker. And it was loud. She turned around sharply on her heel and strode to the wall, putting an arm between her eyes and the plaster.

“Okay everyone! Let’s go, go, go!!!” Taemin yelled, running off. I was yanked up by Seungri, followed by a stampeded of footsteps behind us. Everyone was excited. Some stupidly hid under the bleachers. Others hid behind Mr. Rain, who was snoozing while supposedly guarding the food supply. But no one wanted food right now. We were all too busy escaping the ‘blob.’

A handful of people didn’t even leave the gym. But we who did were the smart ones.

“21…22…23!” Sunny’s voice had gotten louder as she heard us going further away. Seungri had a firm grip on my arm. Whatever happened, we’d go through together. We were now in the hall with about a million broken lockers. The small freshmen ducked inside, holding the door shut. I shuddered.

“45! 46! 47!” I quickened my pace.

By now, two-thirds of the students had dispersed. Some of the teachers had started playing too and hid in supply closets…together. Of course Mr. Xiah hid with Ms. Choi.

“67! 68! 69!” A few snorts erupted from lockers and classrooms.

Seungri and I kept running, stopping every few seconds to peek inside a classroom of some sort. But none of them had good hiding places.

“83! 84! 85!” Sunny continued to yell, her voice growing fainter. But maybe she had started using the loudspeaker. We quickly scrambled inside the science classroom.

There was a closet in the far corner and we tripped over ourselves running inside.

“98…” the numbers were getting more suspenseful. “99…” Sunny’s voice was muffled as we closed the door. “100! Ready or not here I come!” We froze on the spot. My heart was pounding faster and faster. The adrenaline rushed through me as I tried to push myself further in.

“FOUND YOU!!!” I jumped slightly, even if she was still in the gym. I suppose the ‘blob’ was increasing by the second with all those dummies in the gym.

“Haha, this is the best you can do?!” Sunny’s taunts were said with a hint of laughter. She was enjoying seeing all the scared faces. Man, I wish I was the seeker…

“Hiding inside the lockers, eh?” Sunny had discarded the loudspeaker now. But her voice was projected louder still. She was getting closer!

“Ooh, my blob is getting bigger!” She squealed. I covered my mouth to bite back the laughter. Blob is such a funny word. Blob, blob, blob…

“Is that everyone?” An exasperated activities coordinator said.

“Um…is it?” Taemin replied. It was as if they were right on the other side of the wall! Then I heard a thump. “Ugh, I’m tired.”

“Tired? You didn’t even try to run away when I caught you!” A slap was heard.

“Psh. It’s because I knew you couldn’t catch me, so of course I stood still,” Taemin defended.

“You were more like,” Sunny gasped, probably reflecting Taemin.

“I was not,” he scoffed.

“Was too.”

“Was not.”

“WAS TOO!”

“WAS NOT!”

Their voices soon faded away as they walked off, about a dozen footsteps following after. They’ve still got a lot to go.

We waited for a few minutes, watching Seungri’s glow in the dark watch. It even had a panda on it!

All of a sudden, a shrill scream filled the halls. There was a stampede of footsteps running. Someone had finally made the effort for the ‘go’.

“Get him!!” TOP’s familiar growl screamed. Who knew he was interested in ‘childish’ games like this anyways.

“No! NEVER! You will never catch me alive!” The kid screamed. It sounded like Daesung. Seungri snorted but it was covered up by the mob outside.

“You know him?” I whispered. He nodded, shaking with laughter.

“I guess we’ll just have to…AIM!!!” Then there was a thunk. And then Daesung fell. Or did he?

“Ha! I have reflected your measly little weapons,” Daesung retorted. I smirked.

“After him!” Sunny screamed. There was a roar of agreement and Daesung let out another scream. Someone had brushed against the door and even peered in slightly. We saw him through the slight crack in between the door and frame. It was too dangerous to stay here!

I grabbed Seungri and pulled him out once the footsteps seemed to be far away. We snuck out through the B exit. Blood pounded in my ears as we tiptoed across the hall.

“HEY! YOU TWO!” Our eyes widened. We ran like the wind.

“For Narnia!” Someone screamed. We had no time for being tired! We kept running with our long-ish legs. This was a situation of life and death. Our mission had failed.

“Agent Panda…if I don’t make it out alive, please…save my Pikachu socks in memory of me!” I gasped. Seungri tightened his grip on me.

“No, Agent Pikachu. We’re gonna make it out together!” He put on a determined face.

“Oh, so brave!” I wept. The screaming suddenly stopped as a classroom door was banged down.

“You! Come here, kid. We need all the more blobbers there can possible  be!” Taemin shrieked. The poor kid didn’t even have a chance. But he gave us time to run further. How many more students and teachers are there?!

“Ha! Mr. Xiah and Ms. Choi, we have found you!” Three down, however many more to go.

“Ohohoho! Mr. Kim, hiding in the girls’ restroom, are we now?” Mr. Xiah said. Everyone burst out laughing but never stopped running.

“Come on now, GASP…you really think…GASP…that you can…GASP…keep running…GASP…for so long? GASP.”

“Seems like a big thing for you to say, fatty!” I yelled over my shoulder, glaring at TOP.

“HEY! GASP…I lost all those…GASP…pounds….GASP…fair and…GASP…square!”

“Maybe you might blow up again!” Seungri taunted. Now TOP was ultra pissed. He lunged towards us but we managed to jump forward slightly, barely in front of where he  landed face first. He was soon run over by the mob. Well that doesn't seem like a good sign. Better keep running!

“Hey look! It’s Daesung! I found him!” A kid screamed. Daesung was running right towards us but quickly whipped around when he saw the mob. The three of us ran side by side.

“Hey! We’ll make a deal, okay?” Taemin suggested.

“Go ahead!” I yelled back.

“Since we’re all getting tired,” Taemin paused for a breather,” then if you three are still not caught by the time we reach the gym, you’re all winners! We’ve caught just about everyone else, right Sunny?!” He was screaming and out of breath.

“Yeah! It’s just them three!” Sunny replied. She was fit and healthy, a good thing about being on the track team too.

“Sounds good!” Daesung exclaimed. Nothing could stop us now. We were almost there!

Bursting through the door to our headquarters never felt so good. We ran forward just a few more steps before collapsing on the cold, wooden floor. But it helped cool us down after our heated marathon.

“We…made…it…Agent Pika…chu,” Seungri grinned, giving me a weak high-five. I smiled weakly back.

“Hey, what about me?” Daesung pouted from the other side of me. I high-fived him too. “What’s this about Agent Pikachu?” He questioned. I glanced at Seungri. He nodded.

“I am Agent Pikachu. Seungri is Agent Panda. Would you like to join our honorary service?” I asked. Daesung beamed.

“Really?! Can I? Can I?” He was like a hyper little kid.

“Sure, hyung,” Seungri replied. “You can be Agent Doraemon!” YEAH!

“Oh my gosh, YES!” He cheered. Suddenly, the doors burst open again and the rest of the school fell face first behind us.

“Good job…GASP…you two,” Taemin muttered before passing out. We let out a hoot.

“Do we get a prize?” I managed to ask. Sunny nodded.

“Yup! You three get to eat first,” she grinned. Food? I want water.

“Hello kids! Who’s thirsty?” Mr. Rain’s voice had never sounded so good.

“ME! GIVE ME THE LIGHT! I mean, er, water!” I exclaimed, snatching the bottle away and greedily gulping it down.

We helped pull out the bleachers on the sides of the gym and everyone sat down, digging into the comfort of the plastic benches. The food was passed out fairly this time, or at least to me.

“Thanks, Ms. Kwon,” I said as she slipped us three a few extra spoons of corn. She smiled.

“Anytime,” she said before moving on to Victoria and her best friend, Luna.

From the corner of my eye, I caught Nichkhun, the school’s angel and #1 student by far, pulling out a desperate Gyuri. Oooh, I smell drama. I quickly grabbed Seungri and Daesung and slipped out.

They were standing by the lockers in the halls, right underneath the shimmering stars. Gyuri pouted up at Khun, trying to grab a hold of his hand. But he was too busy running it through his soft, golden hair to notice.

“Khun…?”

“Gyuri.”

They had both begun at the same time and a long silence followed.

“I—“

“I—“

I felt like screaming at them. Just start already!

“You go first,” Khun finally said. I gave him a mental pat on the back.

“What’s wrong?” Gyuri said, searching his eyes.

“We have to break up,” he stated firmly. His eyes kept avoiding her though.

“Why? What happened? It’s that Victoria girl, isn’t it?” Her voice cracked. Khun kept silent. “I knew it. I hate you, Nichkhun!” She screeched, giving him a slap. A pinkish blob began to form on his left cheek. Gyuri ran past him and luckily, she ran into the girl’s restroom all the way at the other end of the hall.

“I know you’re there,” he said. He didn’t look up though. “Guys, come on.” He looked directly at us.

“H-hi, hyung,” Daesung greeted awkwardly.

“Hey,” he said.

“Are you okay?” Daesung looked at his cheek. It was swelling up.

“Yeah…” he said softly. “Hey, do you guys know where Victoria is?” He asked,  his eyes hopeful. Seungri and Daesung shook their heads.

“Um, she’s out there,” I said, pointing to the gym. Nichkhun nodded.

“Thank you,” he smiled genuinely. I felt myself melt under his gentle gaze.

Once he left, the teasing began. “Ooh, someone’s falling head over heels for the Thai Prince!” Seungri said cheekily. I slapped his arm.

“Can’t touch him, na-na-na-na, na-na-na-na,” Daesung began singing, shuffling from side to side.

“You two are just so…ugh,” I put on a growly bear face. They burst out laughing.

“Hey, what’s so funny?” A playful voice came out of nowhere. We turned to the open gym door and waved at Ms. Kwon.

“Nothing,” I said timidly. She grinned and walked towards us.

“Oh really now?” She raised an eyebrow.

“Joonhee’s got a crush on Khun!” Seungri said a little too loudly. I kicked his shoe. Ms. Kwon chuckled.

We walked aimlessly through the halls, talking about nonsense and Daesung blabbing on about how they chased him all the way downstairs and how he oh so epically leaped down 2 flights of stairs at once. Ms. Kwon was appointed our ‘leader’ and we called her…Commander Venus.

When we finally ran out of things to talk about, Ms. Kwon asked me about my homework. My homework. I winced.

“I haven’t exactly finished it yet…” I said hesitantly.

“Or do you not get it?” She said with a chuckle, seeing through my pathetic excuse.

She agreed to help me with it when we got back and found my backpack. It was probably being tossed around by some jocks as a basketball because Mr. Rain is afraid of balls.

Dinner had come around all too quick. There was a sudden fuzz coming from Ms. Kwon’s pocket and she took out a black radio.

“All gym teachers have these and they passed it out to the rest as well,” she explained. We nodded in understanding, feeling a little envious. We need some of those…

“Boa? Are you there? Boa Kwon?” A fuzzy voice said from the little handheld radio.

“Yeah, what’s up?” She replied, leading us back to the gym.

“Um, it’s dinner time. Do you have any kids with you?”

“Yeah. Three.”

“Okay….Hey. I’ve always wanted to do this…” the teacher on the other side cleared his throat. “Mr. Kim Jaejoong, OUT!” We burst out laughing. Good thing Ms. Kwon wasn't pressing the button to be heard.

“Haha, okay. Bye!” She put it away, all of us still laughing.

The lights above us kept flickering as we ate our canned beans. Everyone was talking heartily and laughing at small jokes.

No one seemed bothered why we were sitting around under dim lights eating small portions of beans. No one cared we were snowed in, as long as we had the company of each other. And for a time, it felt truly peaceful at school.

I wasn’t counting the seconds on the clock, waiting to burst out the front gates and get home to my comfy bed. For now, these foam mats were enough.

-------------------------------------------

this took a while to write! I spent all morning on it. Like...2 hours? XD

There was a little more drama here. More couples to come!^^ Did you guys like the Taemin+Sunny?