Scary Dream

Shades of Warmth

Sojung had a scary dream.

That was how she would word it when she was a little, "a scary dream". It was Jessica who taught her that the right word she meant to say was a nightmare, a horror-movie  like dream, except for the fact that she was the main character.

Sojung had a nightmare.

Sojung scared of nightmares. Everyone does.

But Sojung kept on having a reoccuring nightmare, those are the worst type of nightmare.

She woke up with a scream. She sat upright. She folded her legs and wrapped her hands around, burying her face in between. Grasping the midnight air for breath, Sojung sobbed.

Kris arrived at her door seconds later, looking concerned upon seeing her like that. She was trembling with emotions, like a girl who experienced a trauma. She just couldn’t stop herself from shaking.

It was understood. Kris understood her. He always had and always would, although he never had acknowledge the fact that he knew her like she knew he did. And it pained.

Kris stood step and step forward, approaching her friendly and worryingly.

"You had a nightmare?" Kris asked softly while sitting on her bed right beside to her.

No reply.

Just tears.

"Is there anything I could do to make you feel better?" Kris suggested and started patting her back.

No answer from Sojung. Just tears, heavy, hot, uncontrollably tears. Just that, Just tears, only tears.

Sojung felt it. She would be lying to herself if she didn't. She wanted to lie to herself though, but it was getting harder and harder everyday.

To be able to feel is a bless and so they say. She disagreed.

It didn't feel like a bless to her.

Although she did believe the other thing people say about bliss; ignorance is bliss.

Sojung wished she could be ignorant. Stubborn and ignorant.

She felt it. She felt them. Kris warm fingers' tips patting on her shoulder genuinely, attempting to comfort Sojung. Her chest tighten, making it even harder to breath than her current condition.

Even when Sojung closed her eyes shut, repressing those feelings the tears still managed to fell, rolling down on her cheeks they leave two trails of tears for the next ones to follow.

"It's okay," Kris confronted, wrapping his hand around her. "It's okay now. I'm here with you. Oppa is here."

Kris was not the best person you want to go to if you want to be conforted. Kris knew that very well, but he tried his best.

He felt pathetic though. He couldn't do much but said 'it's okay' he did the same then and he did the same now.

He gave her his shoulder. She hesitated to take it but her heart gave in. It always had, and probably always would.

"Should I sing to you a song? Would you like me to do that?" Kris suggested, hopefully. He felt a couple of small nods made by Sojung on his shoulder.

Sojung sniffed and managed to find her voice.

 

"I-It is it true," Sojung said stutteringly.

"That~?" Kris encouraged her to go on.

"What they always say," she still stuttered, but it was more audible. "If you die in your dream then you die in your sleep?"

"Hmhp?!" Kris despite of the serious atmosphere still gave out a chuckle like laughed as if that was the silliest thing he heard.

Sojung smiled hearing his reaction.

"Where did you hear that?"

"Just from people. Is it true?"

"Of course not," Kris answered.

"How do you know oppa?" she questioned briefly, "how do you know?"

"Well you see," Kris began, "I almost die many times in dreams but I didn't die for real. I think you believe what people say too much. You're so -"

"Naive," Sojung murdered finishing off his sentence.

Sojung wanted to send him back to his room. She wanted to be alone. Alone with the street lights shadows that in a way dimmed her room, otherwise it would have been utterly in darkness. Alone with the cold sweats and the hot tears. Alone with the depressing sentimental. Alone, Alone and more alone.

If she wanted isolation so badly, so desperately she could have asked Kris to leave her alone. But she couldn't bring herself to do it.

Correction.

She could.

But she didn't want to.

"Sing to me," Sojung breathlessly, reminded him.

2AM Sojung noted before closing her eyes. They say human's emotions are strongest and most sentimental at 2AM.

Sojung let Kris did what he promised.

He always had clever tricks to make her heart flutter without even intended to.

His voice was soothing and comforting.

His voice had a calming and soporific effect on her.

He sang her sweetest sadness lullaby and she fallen deeper than she wished too.

She held on to her pendant. She held on to it tightly. She valued it.

Jessica gave it to her as a gift for her 18 birthday.

It was a past down from her mom. It signified loyalty.