Does he like you too?

Shades of Warmth

“Why do you care?”

“Because I like you.”

It wasn’t he think he liked her. He made it simple and clear as black and white. I like you. Eight letters. Three words.

“As friends?” Sojung questioned.

“As more than that if you let me,” he answered.

Sojung liked Kai too. He was straightforward like black and white.

Too bad Sojung fell for a person that is misty and blurry as the shades of grey in the morning fog.

“I made a mistake, I fell for a person who I shouldn’t have,” Sojung blurted it out in one breath.

“Was he the person that make you cry?”

“He isn’t a bad person,” Sojung muttered.

“Why shouldn’t you love him? Are you not allow too?”

Sojung shook her head slightly. “We’re complicated.”

“Does he like you too?” Kai asked.

Her eyes widened evidently that perhaps she had never thought about it or to that extend. Does he love me? Sojung shook her head, “No, he doesn’t, he thinks I'm just childish and immature who doesn't know what I'm talking about. But he likes to make me think that he loves me.”

“Are yo-”

“You said one question but you asked me three,” Sojung pushed the corner of her lips into a sad pout.

“Now are we fair?” Sojung asked. “Can I go now?”

Kai wasn’t in a whole other world of his own, he stayed silent for a while before opening his mouth, “I don’t think it’s a mistake.”

“Huh?” She asked. And even her 'huh' sounded lonely and desperate.

“You said you made a mistake of falling for him, a person who you shouldn’t have. I don’t think it was a mistake- at least I wouldn’t say it is a mistake,” he remarked.

Sojung eyes peered into his above, looking seemingly attentive.

“Mistakes are somethings you chose to do and they gone wrong. Falling in love with someone is a will that is out of your control.”

“I wouldn’t call that a mistake,” Kai concluded his point. “I think you’re being too harsh on yourself.”

Again there were that 'I think' in his sentence. Was he inferring that he knew? He knew she was suffering before she realized herself.

Out of the blue he hugged her.

He hugged her and he held her for a really long time. His shoulder lowered and his chin rested upon her shoulder.


“This is a mistake, hugging you is a mistake,” Kai began. He barely released her from his hug when he tilted his head while cupping her face with his hands. He kissed her soft, pastel colored lips and pulled out. “Kissing you is a mistake because I chose to do them. But the feelings aren’t. These feelings are not mistakes. You don't get to choose how you feel. You just feel.”