Part 3

Catallena

AN: I definitely unintentionally lied X/ The fic will be in four parts instead of three. Good news, right? :]

 

 

 

                It’s been a little less than a month since Nana apologized and told me I didn’t have to drive her around anymore. I’m not gonna lie; at first I kind of missed having Nana around even if she was y. But sooner or later I just got use to driving to and from school by myself again.

                Since then I did put the newest Catallena comic in Nana’s locker, and she didn’t say anything about it. I did it partially because she didn’t tell me not to, and somewhat because I don’t want her to be completely out of my life again. Maybe that’s a pathetic thing to say after how she treated me before, but it’s true. Now a day she gives me little smiles when no one’s looking and I’m okay with that.

 

 

                It’s about 1:00am Saturday night, and I’m sitting on my bed while on my lap top (as I usually spend my Saturdays, to be honest). My phone rings, and I jump. Who the hell would be calling me at this time of night? I pick up my phone to see that it says “Nana”. What the H-Minus? That’s weird… she must have dialed me or something. I answer it any way.

                “Hello?” I say.

                “Li-Lizzy? Is that you?” Nana’s voice sounds scared, she’s out of breath, and she’s kind of slurring her words. My heart speeds up; what could be going on?

                “Yes. What’s wrong Nana? What’s going on?” I ask, trying to conceal my panic with a calm voice.

                “Listen, I really need you to pick me up and let me stay at your house for the night. I’ll tell you everything on the ride there. I’m at the park… please get here fast.”

                I agree to get her and have her tell me where she is in the park.

 

 

                As I’m driving there I’m nervous. What could this even be about?

                I get there in about 10 minutes to see Nana standing under a tree. It’s raining out and she has to be drenched. She runs towards, my car stumbling along the way.

                She gets in and she starts crying, “Thank you so much, Lizzy. I was so scared and I didn’t know who else to call.”

                “What happened?” I ask, trying to remain calm myself.

                Nana explained, in slurred, tear choked words, what had happened. She was at a party and her and this dude had been flirting all night. She ended up getting drunk off her . The guy had offered her a ride to her friend’s house (where she was supposed to be staying that night) and she had agreed. Turns out he was a total -hat. He had taken her to the park and tried to make a move on her. She ran out of his car and hid. That’s when she called me.

                I reach over the seat and hug her tight without really thinking. “Everything’s okay now.”

                To my surprise, instead of pulling away from me she nuzzles her face into my shoulder and hugs me back, “Thank you, Lizzy.”

                I pull away, and offer her an encouraging smile before I start driving to my house.

 

 

                We’re at my house and I just gave her a t-shirt and some sweat pants to change into and she’s in the bathroom now. I don’t really want either of us to have to sleep on the floor or the couch so at the moment I’m lining a barricade of pillows down the middle of the bed to prevent any accidental lesbianism in the middle of the night (I have a tendency to cuddle anyone sleeping near me). Of course I usually don’t do this when my friends sleep over, but this is Nana. I don’t want her thinking I’m trying to make a move on her or anything.

                Nana comes into my room stumbling a little. She’s looks at the bed then looks back at me a bit confused, “what’s with the wall of pillows?”

                “I’ll sleep on the right side; you’ll sleep on the left side. With the pillows between us I won’t touch you in the middle of the night by accident, and you won’t get pissed about it.” I explain.

                Nana looks a little hurt, “you think I’d be mad if you, like, cuddled me while you were sleeping or something?” She asks. I nod. Nana shrugs, “I really wouldn’t, but whateves.” She stumbles over to her side of the bed and lies down; getting comfy under her blanket. To my surprise she snuggles her face in the pillow and takes in a deep breath, “Mmm. It smells nice… is that what your shampoo and conditioner smells like?”

                Okay, totally not a bizarre question or anything, “Uhm, yeah…”

                She pulls the blanket up to her nose and sniffs, “Mmmmmmm. This smells really good, too…”

                I scratch the back of my neck awkwardly, “Thanks I guess. It probably smells like my body wash and lotion…”

                Nana laughs, “It’s really nice. Tomorrow you have to let me use some before I leave!”

                “O-okay…” I reply. This is so extremely awkward. Why is she being so… different? It’s almost certainly the alcohol, but still… would it really affect her this much? I shake it off and lie down on my side. “Do you want the light left on or anything like that? Is there anything special you need to have to get to sleep?” I ask

                Nana is silent for a second before saying, “Uhm… actually yeah. Do you have a big stuffed animal or anything that I can sleep with?”

                I can’t help but smile; it’s an adorable request. I do have an anime body pillow, but I hid that under the bed. That isn’t exactly something that I want my crush seeing. Is there anything else though? I don’t think so…

                “I guess you could use one of the pillows I put in between us. I don’t think I have anything else.” I figure out of the three pillows I laid out she’ll take the bottom one since it’s just keeping our legs from touching. Instead she takes the middle one. “A-are you sure you don’t want to take the one at the bottom? I mean, taking the middle pillow kind of defeats the purpose of even having anything between us. I’m kind of a sleep cuddler and I just don’t want to make you uncomfortable…”

                “Psshh. I’ll be fine. If anything the physical contact could do me some good.” Nana says before rolling over so that her back faces me. “Night, Lizzy.”

                I’m confused, but I choose not to question her. I just hope I can keep my limbs to myself tonight. No matter what she says I don’t think I can ever believe that she is 100% okay with me cuddling her in my sleep. I roll over and shut my eyes, though I’m not even really that tried. Seriously, how can I be? Nana is in my bed…

               

 

                Ugh, why I’m I so warm? What the hell is touching me? I momentarily panic before I realize it’s just Nana with her arms wrapped around me. Wait? Nana’s arms are wrapped around me? Our legs are also tangled together…

                This is so bizarre for me…  My heart is racing and I feel like I might be blushing. I glance at my alarm clock to see that it’s noon. Definitely time to get up. I unravel myself from Nana and go take my morning pee.

When I get back I start trying to wake her up by shaking her. First she just groans, but when she finally looks up at me she’s get a confused expression before rolling on her stomach and shoving her face into the pillow, “Ugh… ing… ugh…” I can sort of hear her mumble.

“Hey, Nana, it’s like noon. You should probably get up.” I say.

She rolls over before looking at me sleepily, “Ugh, what the hell. Did we bang last night?”

I’m a little shocked, “Uhm, no. You called because some dude-“

Nana cuts me off, “No. I remember that part, but after I got changed things are kind of blurry. I was just checking.” She sits up and rubs her temples with a grimace. “Can I use your bathroom?”

“Uh, yeah, sure.” I say. Nana stands up and walks slowly out my bedroom door.

I’m not gonna lie I’m even more nervous around her now that she’s sober. And what if we would have had ? She didn’t seem horrified or anything when she asked…

Nana walks in and plops back down on my bed. It is silent for a minute before I ask, “Do you need a ride home or something?”

Nana gives me a small smile, “That anxious to get rid of me, huh?”

“Well, I guess not… but I don’t want you to feel like I’m holding you hostage or anything…” I explain.

She laughs, “I guess I really don’t have anywhere else to be today. I mean I was supposed to hang out with Kaeun and E-Young, but I’d rather not.”

I’m a little surprised, “What? You hang out with them at school and cheerlead with them. Are they annoying or something?”

Nana sighs before saying, “No; they aren’t annoying at all. It’s just they’re so… gay. I mean they’ve never directly told us, or anything, but how they act… It’s just difficult for me to have a fun time when it’s only the three of us. They’re constantly having eye , holding hands, and ignoring that I’m even there. I mean, how am I supposed to enjoy myself when I’m a third wheel and they’re just bumpin’ tacos!” She threw up her arms in anger.

I burst out laughing. Nana got really into the rant and I can’t help it.

“What are you laughing at?” She asks.

I barely stop laughing long enough to say, “Bumping tacos!” I start laughing again.

Nana stares at me for a second before she starts laughing, too.

In a few minutes we both calm down. “So what do you want to do then?” I ask.

“Well for starters I’m starving. Do you have cereal or anything?” Nana asks.

“Oh, uhm, yeah. Follow me.” I’m a little embarrassed. With how nervous I feel I guess I just kind of forgot about eating.

 

 

After breakfast we went back to my room and just kind of sit there.

“Well, I told my mom I wouldn’t be back today until six. So, what do you normally do for fun?” Nana asks.

I laugh a little, “Honestly I’m usually just on the internet.” I think before continuing, “If you want to, I think there is something that you could help me with.”

“Oh?” Nana asks, raising an eyebrow in question.

“Well there is a con coming up and I kind of need some help with making my outfit for it?” I ask a little timidly.

“What are you cosplaying as?” Nana asks with genuine curiosity. Which of course surprises me.

I laugh nervously, “Red Sun, actually…”

Nana surprises me again by smiling, “Nice. I’ve always wanted to go to a con but…”

“But what? What’s stopping you?”

Nana continues, “I never had anyone to go with, I never knew when they were, and I was always afraid someone I knew would see me there. Among other things.” She sighs and ruffles her hair. “So, when is this con and where is it?”

“Next weekend , and about three hours away from here. It’s not that big of one but still, it’s a con.” I explain.

Nana nods, “So, have you even started making your outfit?”

I smile, “Yep. But I only have some basic things done. I also have some accessories that should be coming in the mail during the week.”

“Can I see it?” Nana asks a little shyly. I can’t help but smile; she’d never been this friendly with me.

I open my closet and grab the things I have: spandex suit, make up, and a few accessories. I lie them out on my bed. “I still need to cut a cleavage window into the suit and do some decorating on it.”

Nana laughs, “Cleavage window?”

“Yeah, you know. Red Sun’s suit has that opening where her s are. It’s really not practical for fighting, but whatever. I just want my cosplay to be as close to her outfit as possible. So yeah. Cleavage window.”

She smiles and nods, “so let’s get to work. Just tell me what I need to do.”

 

 

We’ve been working on my outfit in comfortable silence for about half an hour when Nana says, “Hey, uh, Lizzy?” there is a weird shy/cautiousness to her voice.

“Yeah?” I stop what I’m doing and look up at her. She bites her lip and looks down shyly. God; that’s hot…

“Uhm, I know this might be kind of an awkward question, I mean especially considering how I’ve treated you before. But… would it be okay if I went to this con with you? I could dress as Catallena and we could seriously be the hottest nerds there.” She gives me an encouraging, though still nervous, smile. Was she saying I’d be hot in this outfit? What the H.

I think for a second, and smile at her, “I don’t see why not. But this does mean we’ll have to work double time on your outfit. I mean, I guess I’m just assuming you’ll want my help with it. Also we’ll be staying in a hotel. I already have a room booked, so we could share it and split the cost for it. You could try to get your own room but it’d probably be difficult this close to the con.”

Nana smiles widely, “I don’t even care! I’m so excited for this! I’ve always wanted to go to one!”

I laugh, it’s weird seeing this side of her, but it’s also wonderful, “Before we do any more with my costume, let’s write down a list of things you’ll need for your’s.”

 

 

We spend hours making a list, looking up things, writing down prices, and finally ordering everything online (most things with next day delivery).

I look at Nana questioningly before we order the last item, “Are you sure you’ll be able to walk around all day in high heels?”

Nana laughs at me, “Of course I can! Don’t doubt me.”

I smile, “Fine. But I don’t want to hear you complain about your feet hurting half way through the day. Seriously.”

“You won’t.” Nana says resolutely.