Tender Love

TLC - Woohyun

"Lunch break!" Dongwoo called happily after they finished the song that they were working on.

"Sunggyu is buying!" Hoya offered and patted Sunggyu’s shoulder.

"Hyung we should get Ice cream!" Sungyeol happily bounced behind the group. Woohyun smiled and went into his gym bag and pulled out his phone.

Every day, Woohyun usually sent you a little text at lunch time so that you knew that you were always on his mind. But when he lit up his phone he saw that he had missed a call from you and that you had left a voice message for him. Tapping on your message, he pulled the phone up to his ear and listened to your message.

"Manager! Can I please have the rest of the day off?" Woohyun asked as the manager walked out the door.

"Why?" The manager kind of chuckled at his request.

”_______ is in the hospital, she was in some sort of accident and I need to go and be there for her.” Woohyun explained quickly as the manager’s eyes got a little concerned for you.

"You can go there but once you know what is wrong, let me know okay and we will see if you need to stay with her or if you can come back." The manager made his deal and Woohyun nodded.

Grabbing his bag, he bowed to the manager and ran past the members. Running out the doors and down the street, he could just think of you, how scared you must be and what was your accident.

The automatic doors opened and he got to the check in desk.

"I’m looking for Nam ________ please." He asked the nurses while trying to catch his breath.

"She should be in room 318." The nurses checked their computers and he nodded, taking the stairs, he ran up to the third floor and tried to find your room.

"316, 317, 318." Woohyun read the numbers and found your room before pushing it open slowly, not wanting to startle you.

"Woohyun, you’re here." Taebun turned around from looking out the window and approached Woohyun.

"Who are you?" Woohyun questioned sternly.

"I’m Taebun, a coworker of _______’s. I brought her here under the management’s orders and I was told to leave once you arrived." Taebun explained.

"Oh, okay." Woohyun nodded but his attention quickly shifted from Taebun to you. Walking over to your bed, he looked down at your still figure. "What happened to her?"

"The boss was opening the door and she got hit by the door and then she tripped and her feet got caught in the rug and she fell onto a pot and landed on her shoulder, dislocating it. So the doctor put it back in its place. They are going to come and check the swelling and pain level but they had to put her to sleep because the pain was too much. She has to stay in the hospital for a day to make sure that the pain level is manageable, but then she go home." Taebun filled in Woohyun.

Woohyun just nodded before he pushed a little strand of hair out of your face.

"Thank you for taking care of her, and helping her here." Woohyun turned and bowed at Taebun.

"I hope she makes a quick recovery." Taebun bowed back. "I’ll let the nurses know that her…."

"Husband" Woohyun filled in his missing word.

"…her husband is here." Taebun nodded and headed out the door leaving the two of you alone.

Woohyun looked back down at you, your head was turned to the side on the white pillow, your hair was slightly messed up, he looked at the oxygen tubes that were running behind your ears and just under your nose, you were dressed in the hospital gown and your left arm was already in a blue sling.

Machines beeped around you and he walked around to the other side of your bed and took a seat next to you. He watched your chest move up and down slowly, then he looked down at your uninjured hand and gently slid his hand into yours, being careful of the needles in the back of your hand.

Rubbing his thumb gently across your hand, the beeping of your heartbeat increased a little causing him to smile knowing that you knew he was there.

A buzzing from his phone drew his attention from you, lifting the phone to his ear he answered the call.

"Hello, manager. Yes I am with her right now… no she is sleeping… she dislocated her shoulder… yeah she is going to have to stay in the hospital for a day then she can go home, but she will need help." Woohyun answered the manager’s questions.

"You can have a week off okay? I will take care of everything, just help her make a speedy recovery." The manager gave in knowing that Woohyun wouldn’t be able to focus with you in such a condition.

"Thank you manager, I owe you something." Woohyun said and the two of them ended the call.

The blankets began to move a little as you started to wake up. Opening your eyes, you looked around disoriented and Woohyun just smiled next to your bed.

"You’re awake." Woohyun smiled and gently squeezed your hand gently with his.

"W-Woohyun, when did you get here?" You asked in a raspy voice.

"Just a few minutes ago. How are you feeling baby girl?" He asked moving his hand up to your hair, gently petting it.

"Okay I guess, my shoulder still really hurts." You replied as he nodded with a little smile.

"It’s going to hurt for a little while." He leaned in and kissed your forehead gently. "Can I get you anything?"

"Some water would be nice." You whispered not liking your voice after you just woke up.

Woohyun got up from his seat, carefully moving his hand from yours and he grabbed a glass of ice and water for you and came back to your side. Sticking a straw in the small cup, he leaned forward as he placed the straw on your lips, you took small sips and he smiled at you before putting the cup on your side table.

"Better?" He asked and you weakly smiled at him and nodded your head.

A few minutes later the doctor came into the room with a nurse to check your vitals.

"Hello, I am Doctor Yu I helped put _______’s shoulder back into place." Doctor Yu introduced himself to Woohyun while Woohyun bowed to him. "We just wanted to come and see how you were doing now that you are awake."

"I’m doing okay, it just hurts." You replied holding Woohyun’s hand gently.

"It will for a few days, but we are going to keep you here overnight, tomorrow morning you can go home then you will need to ice it and we will prescribe some pain medications for her then we will get you a physical therapist just to make sure that you didn’t hurt anything and get your range of motion back." Doctor Yu explained as Woohyun took close notes.

"Thank you doctor." Woohyun bowed to him once again.

"No problem, I’ll see you two tomorrow then." The doctor said before bowing and leaving the room, the nurse wrote down your numbers on your chart then she left too.

"Woohyun?" You asked softly.

"Yes?" Woohyun’s full attention was soon on you and you just smiled.

"If you have to go back to work, I understand." You played with the blanket that laid over you, avoiding his eyes.

"I don’t have to go back, I told the manager and he is giving me the week off to help take care of you." Woohyun smiled and looked down at you with loving eyes.

Both of you talked for a few hours before dinner was served and brought to your room. Woohyun took your tray from the nurse and set it on his lap, he smiled and uncovered your warm dinner. 

"Jagiya, saw ahhhh." He opened his mouth cutely showing you what you needed to do.

"What are you doing? I can feed myself." You giggled and grabbed a spoon, bringing some of the soup up to your mouth, the soup dripped all over your gown and little made it to your mouth. Placing the spoon back on the tray, you looked over at Woohyun as he just handed you some napkins.

"I’ll ask for another gown." He got up and placed your dinner on the bed side table. Walking to the door, you watched him move behind the door just to come back in with a new gown folded in his hands. 

"Can I help you change into a new gown?" Woohyun asked a little shyly, even though he was your husband.  You smiled and nodded to his question with a blush on your cheeks.

Moving the table out of the way, he lifted the blanket from covering your legs. Placing his hand on your back, he helped you sit up and untied your gown before taking it off of you. He then placed the new gown over you and tied it closed before placing the blanket back onto your legs.

"Does that feel okay?" He asked while taking his seat again.

"Yeah, better than the first one." You admitted, "Can you feed me, I don’t want to change again."

Woohyun chuckled and nodded, opening your mouth he guided spoonful after spoonful into your mouth and made sure that you didn’t spill on your new gown.

Once that the dinner was finished, he dabbled your mouth with a napkin then kissed your cheek.

"Woohyun, can you sleep with me tonight?" You moved yourself to one side of the bed as he smiled.

"Anything for you." He smiled and took off his shoes, and slid into the space next to you.

Laying on his side the two of you barely fit on the twin bed but you two were together so you didn’t mind. Being careful of your tubes, he held your hand and pushed some hair out of your face. Your eyes gently fluttered closed, your breathing slowed and soon you fell asleep. Woohyun watched you for a while before sleep took over too.