Are You Okay?

You Like Me?!

Morning light started to fill the room, brightening up the dark bedroom and poking at Areum's eyes for her to wake up. She groaned and turned to the other side of her bed, asking the sun for 5 more minutes so she could have her beauty sleep. Sadly, the loud noises coming from the kitchen prevented that wish from being granted.

She sat up and rubbed her eyes, turning her head towards the window, "Why do you have to do this to me." She got up from her bed and walked to the kitchen and living room, the smell of food encouraging her body to become fully awake. Once Areum reached the noisy kitchen, she saw her brother and her crush cooking breakfast at the stove. 

At first, it didn't faze her because of how close all of them are, but then she realized something. She looks like she came back from a horror movie from her messy hair to her drool covered face to her clothes she slept with from last night. Areum mentally cursed at herself not doing anything, but also noticed that she wasn't noticed from either of the boys. She took this chance to quickly go to the bathroom in her bedroom to freshen up and put on some nice pijamas so she would be more comfy. After finishing, she opened her bedroom door to find someone about to knock on it.

"O-oh hey! You're awake. Jongguppie-hyung told me to wake you up for breakfast," Junhong said while rubbing the back of his neck. Areum smiled at him, "Breakfast sounds good. Let's go eat." She poked his stomach and led both of them to the kitchen where Jongup was waiting with the cooked food. Jongup greeted you and noticed you changed your clothes and everything.

"Morning Areum. Hope Junhong didn't startle you too much from your slumber," he said teasingly. Areum glared at her brother, "Nope. I came out just in time. He didn't get to see me in my derpy state." Jongup snorted, "But when aren't you in your derpy state." Jongup and Junhong laughed while doging Areum's flying hands. Suddenly all three of their stomaches growled, freezing everyone and making them laugh. 

"I'm letting you both slip this time. I'll make you guys feel my wrath once I'm not hungry," she said as she started gathering food on her plate with the other two.

 

It was Sunday, which meant that Jongup, Junhong, and Areum were going on an adventure!... To run errands.

Usually their week consits of working at an underground club that's open at night, 6 days a week, making today a weekend. Only to gather the things they need to survive in their apartments. It's quite interesting how each of them are living together. Jongup and Areum live on the third floor, Junhong, Daehyun, and Youngjae live on the fourth floor, and Yongguk and Himchan live on the fifth floor. If Junhong gets tired of the bickering "couple", he would go to Areum and Jongup's apartment because he feels more comfortable around them.

So, now that the siblings needed supplies and it was a weekend, Junhong decided to tag along because he had nothing else to do and thought it would be fun (wow).

"Jello, you didn't have to come with us. It's boring to go run errands. I mean, who would want to," Areum takes a look at the list they made, "buy a new plunger and toilet soap for fun?" Junhong blushed a little, "I thought I could brighten things up and get some ice cream while on this trip. And maybe I only came because hyung told me he would buy me something." Areum rolled her eyes at the boy, taking bribes for something that might not even happen. She scoffed, "I doubt he'll buy you something, but... how about we make this interesting? If you manage to make me laugh during this very boring experience, I will pay for your ice cream. Deal?" Areum held out her hand towards Junhong. "Deal," he shook the hand with confidence.

 

"Fruits... Toothpaste... Soup... Ah, detergent!" Jongup discovered while walking through the store. While Jongup was being serious and picking up everything on the list, Areum and Junhong were off in the store continuing their bet. "BOO!" Junhong shouted. Areum squealed and put her hand on her chest to slow down the beating, "I told you to make me laugh, not to scare the spaggetti out of me!" She met chuckles that were coming out of Junhong while she hit him on his back.

"But wait! There's more," he said in a commerical voice, "it's right over there!" Junhong pointed towards the seafood section, making Areum grimace. "Junhong, there's nothing there that's funn-" She was cut off by her own laughter when he started tickling her. "Y-yah! Haha- that's not fair!" she was trying to say without laughing. He was also laughing as well when she started to bend down to cover herself, "Success! Now you have to buy me ice cream!" Junhong suddenly picked her up and made her land on her feet so she could stand up again. She brushed her shirt off and glared, "I'll get you one day Choi Junhong!"

 

The group of three came out of the ice cream shop and sat at an outside table. At the table you'll see the tired, the defeated, and the victor. Both the boys were eating their ice cream happily while Areum was still glaring at Junhong because of the bet. "Hey, just because you lost doesn't mean you have to stare a hole into my face," Junhong said while happily eating his ice cream. Areum rolled her eyes and started concentrating on her ice cream because she isn't gonna waste this moment and eat melted ice cream. She didn't notice that Junhong nudged Jongup to go for a while so he could talk to her about yesterday. 

"Alright, so I'll be going home to put away to groceries, but you can stay with Junhonggie for a while. See ya!" Jongup waved and was on his way to their apartment. Areum's eyes widened once she comprehended what her brother said and became flustered. An awkward silence was about to appear, but Junhong stopped it before it started, "Do you wanna go for a walk?" He stood up and smiled at Areum, "It'll be fun~." She was looking at him suspiciously, but agreed to go with him.

 

"So, about yesterday," Junhong started off. Areum started to blush and awkwardly fidgeted with the hem of her shirt, "S-sorry about that. I was really tired and the club had a lot of customers." He looked at her with concern, "If you were feeling bad yesterday, you should've asked one of us to cover for you." She felt like her lie was becoming worse and worse, "No no, it's okay. Just some people problems that's all," she said casually. Junhong suddenly stopped and grabbed her wrist, "You can always come to me or anyone in the group if you're not okay. Just ask us if you want to talk."

Areum was blushing because of how he stopped her and how close they were. She isn't that tall, she was right under his shoulder, so she was staring at his chest. "I-I know. It's just..." she was starting to panic, "Let's go back home!" She tried to pull away, but Junhong pulled her back, trying to check her face, "Areum, are you really okay?" Areum pushed him away slightly, startling him and letting her go, and she ran away toward the apartment complex. 

"Y-yah!" Junhong said while running after her. "What is going on with her?" He questioned in his mind.