Equilibrium

Hide and Seek
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Misae’s entire body was tensed. Alert. Her right leg slightly bent in front of the other one, her jaw and fists tightly clenched, she was ready for the fight as she eyed the male already dashing towards her.

That was his first mistake. Because thanks to this action, she instantly recognized what kind of fighter he was. The reckless one. These ones were the fastest. To say it was quite impressive, at first sight, to see one of them pouncing on her would be a huge understatement. Fortunately, Misae knew better than to judge a book by its cover.

As he was about to reach her, she quickly, yet calmly, bent down as his fist came flying to her face. As she straightened up a second after, she availed his lack of defense to send her left foot flying into his stomach. Due to the strength of the unexpected impact, he stumbled backward.

The reckless fighters had a weakness. They were too ahead of themselves and didn’t think twice before acting.

Swallowing his shame, Jaehyo stood up and dusted off his clothes. He finally looked up at Misae and was surprised to see that, except for her piercing eyes, she wasn’t showing any sign of fear. She was calmly trying to foresee his next move.

Usually, people would get scared of him. They would step back and ask to be spared. But not her. She wasn’t afraid. She remained rooted to her spot, even when he attacked her. She stood in front of him, with all her pride, and even fought back. According to what he had been told by Zico, she was supposed to be weak in that she had never turned yet. And apparently, she was, indeed, still human. However, her strength had nothing to do with a human one.

He and his own pack knew that most of Tenohra’s wolves’ progenies were the product of a Human and a Wolf. That’s why they were stronger than mere humans, even if they didn’t undergo the transformation yet. He could testify to this fact since he had fought – and of course, killed – some of them when they entered their territory earlier. However, this girl was definitely the strongest out of them.

“What? Is it your first time seeing a girl fight?” Misae inquired with crossed arms and a raised eyebrow, seeing his insistent stare.  

 “Actually, yes, it is.” He grinned but it disappeared soon after, as the boy released an exasperated sigh to punctuate his next words “The girls of our pack are so boring” he complained “It’s a crying shame we have to kill you, Sweetie…”

He was about to go for her once again, but, instead, he abruptly stopped in his track. He tilted his head to the side, in wonder, and scrutinized the girl’s face, as if he were searching for the answer of a sudden, existential, silent question.

“We are searching for the Alpha’s daughter.” He suddenly blurted out. If you tell us where we can find her, I promise we will go easy on you”

Much to the three boys’ surprise, Jaehyo’s serious statement gained nothing but a faint, amused chuckle from the girl in front of them.

“Yes, there is no doubt about it. The three of you sure do look like men of your word” she jeered, absolutely not convinced by their lame attempt to make her spill the works. As if

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter