family and friend lunch

Blinded by Love

"So GD ssi," Dara turned around from the front seat and looked at Jiyong who was sitting in the back. Jiyong looked at her with trembling eyes. His hands automatically became sweaty and he clenched his jaw trying to stay calm about this whole situation. "Did you live in Korea?" Dara asked with sparkling eyes. 

"Her eyes..she's looking at me.." Jiyong just nodded and tried to give her a small smile. 

"And you live in the states now right?" Dara asked again to which Jiyong nodded again. "I used to live in the states, but then I moved here when I was about 15." 

"I know." Jiyong stared back out of the window when Dara turned back around. 

"G, you alright? you havent said a word since you came." Jaejoong asked concerned. 

Jiyong cleared his throat. "Oh, yeah. I have a slight soar throat." Jiyong whispered trying to make his voice sound hoarse. Dara looked up from her phone when she heard his voice. She felt a sense of...she couldnt put her finger on it...familiarity? She didnt know. Jiyong looked over at Dara and Jaejoong and saw how tightly they were holding hands. They would occasionally say something to one another and let out a small chuckle or giggle which made him hurt even more inside. 

 

They arrived at Dara and Jaejoongs apartment and went inside. "Eat dinner here and then Dara can drop you off at your hotel. I have a surgery to go to at 7 so I cant stay for long but we'll catch up tomorrow at the brunch okay?" Jaejoong told Jiyong. 

Jiyong nodded and walked into their house. He looked around and saw most of Dara's old belongings that she had from 5 years ago. 

"Miho yah!" Dara called. As soon as Dara called her, Miho came running towards them and jumped up on Dara from joy. Miho noticed Jiyongs presence and immediately jumped onto him and him all over the face. Jiyong tried to push her off but Miho kept persisting to be with him.

"Oh my god." Jaejoong looked at Miho with a shocked face. 

"Oppa look." Dara exclaimed baffled. 

"Is Miho ok?" Jaejoong asked. 

Jiyong looked at them and gave them a confused look. "What?" 

"Miho hates strangers. It took her 2 whole years to get used to oppa. And here she is clinging to your side like you've been with her for months." Dara said. 

"Oh.." Jiyong forced out a nervoice laughed.

"What did I tell you Dara? G's amazing with everyone and everything." Jaejoong laughed and grabbed his car keys. 

"Yeah," Dara laughed. "I guess you're right." 

"I gotta go. You know where G's hotel is right?" Jaejoong said to Dara. 

"Mhm." Dara nodded. 

"Ok, I love you. Dont wait up for me if im late." Jaejoong told her.

 "Deh." Dara nodded. Jiyong watched as Jaejoong lovingly kissed her goodbye and the smile that lit up on Dara's face after the kiss. Jaejoong left and Dara smiled. "I love that man." 

 

Dara warmed up their dinner that she had prepared and set it on the table. "So how did you guys meet? Jaejoong wouldnt stop talking about you on the way to the airport." Dara laughed as she and Jiyong sat down at the table. 

"Well, he was in the states and we just met...and just became friends I guess." Jiyong said still acting like his throat was soar. 

"I see.." Dara nodded. "I can see your throat really hurts so I'll stop talking." She laughed which reminded Jiyong of all the times she would smile because him.

They ate dinner in silence other than the occasional question if Jiyong wanted more which he would deny and Mihos barking. Dara would glance up at him now and then and smile to herself at how adorable and awkward he was.

 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Bom finally put her kids to sleep and walked out of the room pulling their door close but only leaving a crack of light shining through the room. She sighed and finished unpacking the last few things in her suitcase. Bom slumped onto the couch tired after the long day and the TV. 

She began flipping through the channels when she stopped on one of them. 

 

"Choi Top hits another grand slam!!! This is his already his 4th one and its only his 3rd game of the season!!! Choi Top is definitely going straight to the top in the Hall of Fame if he keeps this up! Not to mention his teammate, Lee Seungri, the lightning pitcher as people call him. This amazing duo will make the whole country of South Korea famous they say! This is your announcer Kim Min Hye speaking. Now over to Lee Byung Sook's interview with Mr. Choi Top and Mr. Lee Seungri." 

The screen changed and showed Top and Seungri smiling at the announcer Byung Sook. Bom felt her breath vanish and she immediately turned the TV off. 

Bom wasn't ready to see him yet, she didn't know if she would ever be ready. 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dara drove Jiyong to his hotel but something caught his attention.
 He glanced down at her right hand and went wide eyed at what was on her middle finger. It was the ring that Jiyong had put in the envelope 5 years ago and gave it to Taeyang to give to Dara. It was part of a set. Jiyong had the ring with the words "endless love" written on it and a hollow space for a heart. Dara's ring had the heart on it. And she was wearing still wearing it, to this day. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------

"Thank you ahjussi." Bom told the taxi driver as she paid the fee.

"Welcome." He said before driving off.

"Omma." Leo panted.

"Oh one second." Bom rummaged through her purse and took out Leo's blue inhaler. Leo puffed in the air and gave it back to his omma. "That better?" 

"Mhm." Leo nodded and took his mothers hand.

"Aw my baby." Bom ruffled his hair. They walked into the banquet hall and Bom smiled when she saw her old friends.
 
"Sunbae!!!!" Bom yelled and ran over to YG and the others who worked at YG Diner.

"Bommie??" YG exclaimed.

"Wahhhh!!!!!" Bom laughed and pulled him into an air hug.

"Oh my god it is you!!!" YG laughed and hugged her back.
 
"I've missed you guys so much!!!" Bom hugged Gummy and Se7en and Soo Hyun and everyone else.

"Are these the kids??" Gummy exclaimed when she saw Leo and Lauren.

"Deh Deh." Bom smiled as Leo and Lauren shyly hid behind their omma. 

"They're so cute!!" Soo Hyun exclaimed and bent down to them. "Annyeong." Soo Hyun waved. "I'm Soo Hyun unnie/noona." 


"Guys say hello." Bom pushed them forward.

"Annyeonghasayo." Lauren and Leo said curtly. 

"Oh my god, they're dolls!" Lee Hi gushed.
 

"Haha, thanks." Bom laughed. 

"Annyeonghasayo everyone." One of Jaejoongs friend said over the microphone. "The food is now ready and you may all grab your plates and help yourselves." The guy said to them. Bom got up and grabbed two plates for Leo and Lauren putting fries and nuggets onto the plates. She sat them down at her and Dara's table along with Cls daughter, Dayoung. 

"Noona!" Someone called Bom from behind.

"Oh? Daesung ah!!" Bom exclaimed and a smile grew on her face when she saw her happy vitamin. 

"I didn't know you were coming!" Daesung said loud enough for Taeyang to over hear and walk over as well.

"Awh I'm sorry guys." Bom hugged and apologized to them.

"We really missed you." Taeyang said.

"I missed you knuckle heads too." Bom laughed.

"Did you get your food yet?" Daesung asked.

"Not yet." Bom replied.

"Well let's go." Taeyang said gesturing for her to grab a plate.

She walked up to the buffet table to grab her food and went back to sit down at the brides table holding the bride-to-be's hand. 

"Will everyone please take their seats now? One of the grooms friends would like to say a few words before everyone starts to eat." The announcer said over the mic. 

She looked down and saw that her phone was ringing. "Dammit." She whispered and got up to answer it seeing how it was the office. 

"Yobosayo?" She answered the phone when after she stepped out into the hall and closed the door behind her.

Top walked up to the head of the room and took the mic.

"I would like to say that Jaejoong," Top stopped to chuckle,"is a bastard." A small laugh rippled through the room making Top smile. 

"This guy over here promised me that if I'm still single, he wouldn't look at a woman and here he is now, marrying one of the prettiest girls I've seen." Top said earning an 'awe' from most of the girls.

 
Boms call ended and everything in the office was alright, she was about to go back in when she heard a familiar voice. Her eyes widened and she stood in the doorway staring at the grooms friend, losing her breath as she did. 

He was laughing and making his speech about how competitive the groom was. He looked at the audience and his eyes landing on the woman standing in the door way which made him stop for a second. At that moment, it seemed everyone disapeared and they were the only two standing in the banquet hall. The loves, who hadnt spoken or seen each other for 5 years. 

"Top.." Boms mouth slightly fell.

Top stared at her for a second before returning to his speech. ".....and I think that was the first I knew this guy would always be my best buddy. You're amazing hyung. Congrats." Top smiled and gave the mic back to the announcer. Top held his breath and looked back at the door but no one was there anymore. 

"Was that my imagination?" Top asked himself but turned around when he heard Taeyang calling his name. "Oh Tae." Top greeted him.

"Nice speech." Taeyang patted him on the back.

Top smiled. "Thanks man." 


"Let's go sit down." Taeyang and Top walked over to the table next to Jaejoongs. Top was about to sit down when a little girl bumped onto him. 


"Mianheyo ahjussi." The little girl shyly bowed her head.

"It's okay." Top smiled.

"Lauren ah!" A woman called the little girl behind Top.

"Omma!" Lauren ran around Top. He turned around and saw the little girl run right into Boms arms. Bom looked up and her stomach fell when she saw Top staring at her.