what had happened

Blinded by Love

"Here's what you asked for." Mr. Lee handed Mrs. Kwon a bunch of pictures. Mrs. Kwon looked through the pictures and saw Jiyong and Dara kissing at the restaurant and Namsan Tower. Her fists balled and her blood boiled. She looked through more pictures and saw one where he was lovingly gazing at her as she smiled. 

 

"This is not gonna do." Mrs. Kwon banged her fist on the table. "Find me the number for thier land lord." 

"Deh?" Mr. Lee asked.

 

"The landlord. Now." Mrs. Kwon glared at him angrilly. 

"Uh deh." Mr. Lee bowed a little flustered and left. 

"Oh annyeong Hyun Jin ssi." Ji Hyo said to Mr. Lee as he walked out of the building as she was about to walk in. 

 

"Deh. Ji Hyo ssi." He bowed and let her pass. He began to walk away but Ji Hyo stopped him. 

"Wait. Why were you here?" She asked smelling something fishy. 

 

"Business." He said bluntly. 

"With my mother?" Ji Hyo eyed him trying to see his eyes through his sunglasses. Hyun Jin just bowed his head and walked away. "Dammit omma." Ji Hyo shook her head and stormed off to her mothers office. 

 

Ji Hyo swung the door open. "Omma stop it." 

"Afternoon to you too Ji Hyo yah." Mrs. Kwon said not looking away from her computer. 

"Why was Hyun Jin here??" Ji Hyo slammed her hands on the table. 

"You dont need to know that." Mrs. Kwon said bluntly still not looking up from her computer.

 

"Omma please. Leave Jiyong alone." Ji Hyo begged with a furious look in her eyes. "You've ruined his and Daras life enough." 

 

"Ruined??" Mrs. Kwon finally looked up and stared deeply into Ji Hyo's eyes. "Im trying to save their lives!! Jiyonggie is a rich, young, bachelor who can have anything he wants. Dont you think Dara would try to take advanatge of that?? And Dara, she's a poor, scrawny, girl. Having a boyfriend in such high status, dont you think that would burden her??" 

"You're unbelievable." Ji Hyo shook her head. "Dara and Jiyong love each other. They dont care about the other stuff." 

"Ts." Mrs. Kwon scoffed. "Love? Love ruins everything. Why do you think your father and I have been doing so great for almost 40 years? Its because we have a mutual relationship. We're collegues, business partners. Nothing more, nothing less. And it works out fantastic. We've never fought about anything." 

 

"And thats why you're spending the rest of your life as a bitter and alone woman." Ji Hyo glared. She didnt care about her mother or father at all. The only people she loved in this world was Joong Ki and Jiyong. Her parents never really cared about her anyway. When Mrs. Kwon found out that her first child was going to be a girl, she tried to abort Ji Hyo. But complications happened and Ji Hyo was born as a premature baby, close to dying. They constantly hired babysitters to take care of her. Then, 7 years later, Mrs. Kwon had Jiyong. They were all so happy. Ji Hyo was happy because she had a little sibling, the parents were happy because he was a boy and could take over the company now instead of Ji Hyo. She noticed that Mrs. Kwon was home a lot more and Mr. Kwon didnt go on as many business trips. They alwyas put Jiyong first though. If Ji Hyo wanted something, and Jiyong wanted something else, it would be Jiyongs choice. If she needed to go somewhere, and Jiyong had the flu, everyone would stay home. Etc.

 

Ji Hyo stormed out of the office and slammed the door shut. She ran her fingers through her silky brown hair and leaned against the wall.

-FLASHBACK-

 

"Omma?" Ji Hyo walked in to her moms study in her house. "Omma are you here?" When no one answered, Ji Hyo walked inside and decided to wait a bit until her mom came home. She sat in the chair in front of the desk and saw how messy the table was. Ji Hyo piled up the papers and took a napkin to clean the computer screen. "Hm?" She furrowed her eyebrows when she saw an email on her moms computer screen. 

"Dara Park?" Ji Hyo whispered as she read the subject of the email. "Who's Dr. Adams?" 

 

"So I looked for any other files or papers that could relate to what happend with us and Sandara Park 15 years ago. I found a couple still hanging around in her medical records but you have nothing to worry, I have burned them and there are no traces left. 

~Dr. Adams"

Ji Hyo gasped and put a hand over . Everything in her head clicked. 

 

"Ji Hyo?" Her mom called when she walked into the house. "Are you here?" 

Ji Hyo panicked and quickly emailed the email to herself. "y -yeah!" Ji Hyo called as she turned off the computer. "In the study!" 

 

-END FLASHBACK- 

"Omma...how could you..." Ji Hyo shook her head. Reading that letter reminded Ji Hyo who Sandara Park was and what her mothers connection was to her. 

 

-FLASHBACK-

"Omma is appa going to be ok?" Teenage Ji Hyo asked as her, Mrs. Kwon, and Jiyong walked into the hospital. 

"Of course sweety." Mrs. Kwon answered nervously. "You two can go sit over there." Mrs. Kwon nodded over to the waiting chairs. Ji Hyo and Jiyong obeyed as they were told and walked over to the chairs. Mrs. Kwon turned around the corner and vanished from their sight. 

"Ugh Im so bored." Jiyong sighed. 

 

"Im gonna go get something from the vending machine. Want anything?" Ji Hyo asked as she dug through her pocket for a couple of dollar bills. 

"Nah. Im good." Jiyong said as he looked through his phone. Ji Hyo nodded and walked to the vending machine around the corner. 

 

"I'll pay you double what it costs for the surgery." Ji Hyo heard her moms voice in a room nearby. Ji Hyo furrowed her eyebrows and walked to the room. She peeked in through the window and saw her mom and a doctor talking. The door was open a crack so Ji Hyo could faintly hear what they were saying. 

"Mrs. Kwon, you know that its illegal." The doctor sighed and shook his head. 

"How about this, I pay the hospital double what it costs for the surgery and i'll pay you personally half the price of the orginal cost." Mrs. Kwon tapped her foot impateintly. 

 

The doctor sighed and slumped into his chair. "I dont know. Theres someone before you who has been on the waiting list for almost a year now." 

 

"To hell with that person!! My husband is more important!!" Mrs. Kwon exclaimed. "My husband is the CEO of VIP Clubs!! Can that person really compare to him??" 

"Mrs. Kwon keep your voice down please." The doctor warned her. 

 

"Who's the person anyway?" Mrs. Kwon asked trying to calm herself now.

"A 13 year old girl. Her name is Sandara Park. She went blind 6 months ago and her parents took a loan out of the bank for this surgery." The doctor told Mrs. Kwon. 

"Ts." Mrs. Kwon scoffed. "That proves my point. My husband is way more important than a stupid little girl." 

 

The doctor thought for a second. The money she was offering was a lot. "No one will find out about it?" 

 

"Never." Mrs. Kwon shook her head. "Do we have a deal?" She stuck out her hand for him to shake.

The doctor sighed and shook her hand. "We have a deal." 

 

Mrs. Kwon smiled and nodded. "Perfect. How soon can the surgery be done?" 

"Tomorrow probably." The doctor said as he changed the doner waiting list on the computer. 

 

Ji Hyo furrowed her eyebrows and quickly ran back to Jiyong when she saw her mom about to walk out of the room.

"Where were you? And wheres your drink?" Jiyong asked when a panting Ji Hyo came back to him.

 

"Oh, um, the vending machine was broken." Ji Hyo lied when her mother came back. 

"alright kds. Lets go." Mrs. Kwon said and they all left. 

 

-----------------------------------------------------------------

 

The next day, the whole Kwon family came to the hospital again. The doctors took her father away for his surgery and Ji Hyo and Jiyong were by the waiting chairs again while Mrs. Kwon went to fill out some paper work. 

"Im gonna go walk around the garden." Jiyong said getting up. 

 

"Dont go too far Jiyong." Ji Hyo warned. He waved her off and walked out of the hospital considering the surgery would take about an hour. 

 

A family of 5 walked in. With two angry looking parents, and three worried children. The mother was holding the younger daughters hand and walked over to the main desk. 

 

"I need to speak to Dr. Adams right away." The dad said furiously. 

"Mr. Park?" Dr. Adams said as he walked over after hearing his name. Mr. Park angrilly looked over at him and grabbed the man by the collar of his docotrs jacket. 

"Why the hell did I get a letter saying my daughters eye surgery has been cancelled??" Mr. Park shouted. 

 

"Mr. Park please. This is a hospital." Dr. Adams took Mr. Parks fists off of his jacket. 

 

"Can you please explain to us what happened??" Mrs. Park asked with tears in her eyes. 

"Well when we went to check the doner list yesterday, you were actually at the bottom of the list." Dr. Adams lied.

 

"What?!? Thats outrageous!! We got a letter 1 month ago saying we were the first ones on the list and that we were able to schedule our daughters eye surgery!!! how can you say we're at the bottom now?!?" Mrs. Park yelled angrilly. 

 

"There must have been a mix up with the letters because we always check the list. And im sorry to say, but you are no where near the top." Dr. Adams tried to sound upset about it. 

"This is unbelievable." Mr. Park shook his head.

"Im sorry Mr. and Mrs. Park." Dr. Adams said patted Mr. Park on the shoulder and left he family alone. 

 

Ji Hyo watched as the parents began to cry and the mother hug the daughter. Ji Hyo felt her stomach drop seeing the family so broken. Some how, Ji Hyo felt this was her fault. She wished she never heard her mothers conversation. 

"Omma..am I gonna be blind forever now?" The daughter asked as tears began to stream down her pure white skin. 

 

"No baby." The mother hugged her. "We're gonna do everything we can to make sure that doesnt happen." 

"I cant see..I dont like it omma. Make it stop." The little girl bawled. 

 

"Shh Dara...shhh." The parents cooed and her hair. "Its going to be okay.."

 

-END FLASHBACK-