The bracelet and the weirdo

Charm of Destiny
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

Imagine a pretty girl. well, a pretty young lady, dressed in a police uniform that is about two times bigger than her actual size. now, she`s surrounded by kids, in their kindergarden. she checks on the slide, and then she checks on the swing, while writing notes. the teacher is seated inside with the other kids, not concerned at all by the weird lady`s presence. and oh- she also brought friends! two awkward-also-police-man stood near the gate, wanting to run away at every moment from embarrassment. 

 

"can't you all just shut up? someone`s trying to focus here!" she nearly screamed at the kids around her. they looked up to her with puppy eyes, looking hurt.

 

"ajuma why do you shout? we hear your talking just fine!" said one kid, he stood the closest to her among his friends and looked the least shy of them all.

 

"because you do not LISTEN. see, hearing and listening are two different things, now please. if you want to stand here, it`s fine by me but you have to be quiet!" she said and leaned to the papers again.

 

the kids were really excited, not everyday they see a police woman in their kindergarden after all.

 

the police woman, as they called her, raised from her seat after a few minutes. she went to her police friends and handed them the papers. "i think this suspect`s clean. let`s move on to the next one." she said hastily, and the group disappeared.

 

"i like that police woman. she seems smart. and she`s pretty." the same kid said. his friends nodded all in agreement, though they probably won`t see her again.

 

in the car, driving away, that smart and pretty police woman sat, drowning in papers.

 

"i can't take it anymore!" her police man friend said. he took his uniform off. "for how much long do we have to pretend we`re police? do you think that`ll work? i think we waste our time."

 

"quit it, joon hun-shi. i try to concentrate here."

 

"quit yourself sun jung-ah!" he yelled, frustrated. "all this customs and investigating suits policeman and detectives! we`re only lawyers!!! we suppose to sit in our office on the comfy chairs and read papers!!!" she heard him curse and laughed. he knew that her method of solving things was the best, but after a long time working without seeing the results he kind of lost his patience. 

 

"you know i want justice to come out. i`ll never leave things be, i need to know everything about the case and you know it! why do you ask that again and again, on every case!" sun jung said angrily. 

 

she was the best lawyer, well- not a private one, she was funded by the government to people who could`t pay a better lawyer. 

 

some said this job , but it had it`s perks. first, you got paid even when there were no cases. second, you could help people. and for those who were kind hearted this was a golden opportunity. third, they required no experience, so although the payment was pretty low it was a good place to get some.

 

Go Sun Jung was`nt new to this, she was 25 and it was her 3rd year as a national lawyer. a lot of private offices wanted to hire her but she refused, staying in her workplace to help people. you see, money was`nt one of her concerns.

 

she had other things on mind.

 

her phone rang now, the 5th time in a row. 

 

"why don`t you pick it up?" called her friend from the drivers seat.

 

"it`s my mom. i don`t feel like talking to her."

 

"why?" the one near her, joon hun, half Chinese half korean and really short, asked. 

 

"she cheated on my dad. the last time she did that i told her i won`t talk to her the next time she does that, and here i am, keeping my promises." she sighed and pressed the red button again.

 

"you seem to have too much troubles. what about that boyfriend of yours?"

 

"oh we broke up last week, thanks for asking." she answered in a low, calm voice.

 

her friends sent her worried looks. she looked pretty settled about that. "did he really broke up with you? i thought girls cry and are`nt themselves for weeks after breaking up with someone!" the driver said.

 

"guess i`m not like all girls then. plus, i knew about that before he told me. he had another girl in mind, and he dated her while being MY boyfriend for a few months."

 

"why didn`t YOU break up with him then?"

 

"i wanted him to leave me with a good feeling. and i wanted to see him struggle in find of a good excuse. that was amusing."

 

"you`re weird."

 

sun jung giggled. "if we all be the same we`d get tired of seeing each other."

 

they just shook their heads and got back to whatever they did before. it was quiet again.

 

"aaaaaaaand i`ll be leaving next week to jejju island!" she finally said. her friends sighed in relieve. "good! go freshen yourself!" "go go. you need that." they assured her.

 

"you`ll take good care of everything while i`m gone? right?" she smiled. she didn`t smile in a long time, was`nt happy even if she did.

 

she needs to take a break, maybe then everything will sort out.

 

<<<>>>>

 

the manager opened the door abruptly, not bothering to knock. 

 

the guys inside bowed in his sight and greeted him with

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter