Bonus chapter: Jimin

the Hangouts
Please log in to read the full chapter

  

 

 

Jimin looked at himself in the mirror before nodding firmly. “Good enough,” he muttered, approving his outfit. He put on his leather jacket on top of his black jeans and blue shirt.
The boy looked around his large bedroom. In the middle of the room his bed was placed, surrounded by a lot of mess, for Jimin wasn’t the cleanest kid.
“Where you going?” he heard a voice coming from his doorway. His elder sister Jiyeon stood there with her arms folded in front of her chest.
“I’m hanging out with the gang,” Jimin smiled at his elder sister.
“Sounds fun,” she playfully said as she entered the room.
“Yes, but you have to leave now cause I need to go as well,” Jimin tried to rush her back out of his room.
“Is Hoseok coming too?” Jiyeon quickly asked him as she was pushed into the hallway. “Yes, but you should’ve known this since you two are dating right now?” Jimin muttered. He closed the door behind him and motioned for his sister to move down the stairs.
“Well yes, but I-…” his sister mumbled.
“Wasn’t invited? Then we’re hanging out with the gang,” Jimin firmly said entering the living room.
Jiyeon sighed deeply.  Jimin rolled his eyes. He knew exactly what his sister was planning. And like he predicted, his sister turned around when she reached the main floor. Jiyeon pouted and batted her eyes at her little brother who laughed uncomfortably.
“Stop, noona. I can’t just take you with me without asking them,” Jimin avoided her pleading and escaped towards the kitchen.
Jiyeon stomped her foot. “It’s stupid. You could just ask if I can join.”
“You know what’s really stupid, noona? You asking your little brother to hang out with him and your boyfriend,” Jimin dared to say as he grabbed an apple and fled through the kitchen door towards the yard.
He ran towards the front of the house with his backpack half hanging on his back and the apple in his mouth, escaping the scene before his sister found out what he just had said.

The boy with raven hair took a bite off his apple as he walked the rocky path through a wooded part surrounding his house. It was a shortcut towards the large mansion adjacent to his family’s grounds. Jimin has walked this path many times before and could even walk through it in the middle of the night with no lights. The large trees and bushes surrounding him carried different shades of green leafs, dancing in the soft breeze. He wondered if his sister was really that desperate to hang out with them. More and more, suspicion towards the two’s relationship started to brew in Jimin’s stomach.
As he reached the end of the path, the mansion started to become clearer between the trees.
Jimin was now on the right side of Shindae’s home. He walked past a part of their gardens and reached their backdoor. He knocked softly before opening the door and stepping in the house.

“Good morning sir,” Minjun greeted him as Jimin entered the scullery. “Sup Minjun. Are they up yet?” Jimin nodded towards the help.
“Just about, sir,” Minjun said. “Have you eaten breakfast? I could make some extra?”
Jimin waved the offer away. “I’m okay, but thank you though!” He left the scullery and entered the hallway with the big white stairs. Without hesitation, he bolted up the stairs, taking two at the time and flew across the corridor. With a cheeky smile on his face he dashed through the door and entered Shindae’s bedroom. The boy earned himself a loud shriek and some curse words when he did, and smiled in satisfaction.
“JIMIN, YOU ! GET OUT!” Shindae shrieked at the top of her lungs as she pulled up the covers. Yoongi grumpily groaned as he sat up.
“What is he doing here…” he mumbled.
“We’re hanging out today, remember?” Jimin happily said as he sat down in a chair and shrugged off his backpack.
Shindae covered her body with her blankets and angrily stared at her friend. “You can’t just barge in like that, Jimin.” Shindae snarled at him but Jimin wasn’t very affected by it.
“What if we-,” Shindae stopped midsentence, but Jimin knew exactly what she meant. “Then I’d be scarred for life by now,” Jimin shivered.
Yoongi groaned as he lazily stepped out of the bed. “We have to be at the Green in an hour so get up lazy bums!’ Jimin said with a big smile as he leaned back and grabbed his phone from his pocket.
While Shindae and Yoongi shuffled towards the bathroom, fighting over who gets to shower first, Jimin went through his text messages.

Saenan                                sun 09:09
Thanks everyone for supporting me at the funeral.
I’m a little sad things got out of hand though and I hope we can all mature from this and move on. Xx

Jimin puffed his cheeks as he thought back about Saenan’s grandmother’s funeral. Hoseok, Chaima and Seobin had a huge fights and no one was really sure what about. Well, one thing was sure to the group: Chaima and Hoseok were no longer friends..
 

 

The trio arrived at the Green and moved towards their favorite hangout spot. Here, a duo was already sat on a large red picnic blanket. Jimin smiled widely when he saw Taehyung teasing Hyejoon and avoiding hits from the girl. At least those two were working out. Jimin wasn’t the type for a serious relationship, so he didn’t really mind being one of the only single ones in the group. He did enjoy the love surrounding him, however.
“It must be l-o-v-e~” Jimin sang as he approached the two and sat down next to Hyejoon. The latter threw him a scowl and hissed some curse words at him.
“Hey guys!” Shindae greeted them brightly, which obviously surprised Hyejoon a bit. “You’re awfully cheerful…” she said sceptically. Shindae sat down on the blanket and folded her legs. She was wearing a pair of light blue jeans topped off by a white chiffon blouse. The girl dropped her black purse on the ground and handed out drinks. “Not necessarily cheerful. I’m just glad some of us aren’t fighting that’s all,” Shindae smiled at Hyejoon as she softly threw a drink towards her. Hyejoon thanked her when she caught the small bottle and looked at the group.
“Where are the others? Are they joining us?” she asked curiously.
“Namjoon should be here any minute,” Taehyung said as he looked around the park to see if he saw his friend. 
“I know Saenan isn’t coming and Jungkook is helping her to catch up with some homework,” Hyejoon said.
Shindae sighed. “I asked Chaima to come but she wasn’t sure if she wanted to. Hoseok hasn’t replied to my text at all today.”
At that exact moment, Baeri and Jin joined the five.  “Morning everyone!” Baeri said ever so brightly. “How is everyone?”
The small girl thudded down next to Jimin and Jin followed her example.
Shindae handed them some of the drinks she had left. “Fine, fine,” Yoongi hummed lazily.
“Where’s your sister, Jiminie?” Baeri . Jimin shrugged. “I told her we were hanging out and she asked if she could join. I asked her to ask her boyfriend.”
“Yeah, how do you feel about that situation?” Jin asked curiously. All eyes were on Jimin and the boy sighed deeply before replying.
“I don’t know man. It’s not up to me to have an opinion about the whole thing...” Jimin mumbled.
“Oh please,” Taehyung huffed. “Do you approve of it or not?”
Jimin looked at the group. He felt pressured, and wasn’t really sure on what to say next. What did the think of their relationship? He didn’t even know himself.

“It is what it is,” he decided. Shindae carefully observed her friend as he spoke his words. “Alright..”
“Hey Namjoon!” Taehyung waved happily at the approaching boy.
“What’s up, guys,” the boy with the deep voice greeted them.
“This is all of us?” he said as he looked around the group which has obviously some empty spots. “I guess,” Hyejoon replied.
“What are the plans for today?” Jin then asked.
“Well I have to work later…”Hyejoon said. The girl let out a sad sigh. Taehyung wrapped his arms around her waist and pulled her closer. He placed small kissed on her cheek and neck to comfort her a little.
“We could go see Chaima?” Shindae suggested. “Maybe we can take Hoseok and force the two to talk things out.”
“I don’t think we should be messing with their business,” Yoongi frowned as he looked at his girlfriend. “But we could ask them to come over cause last time it-…” Shindae tried to pursue her plan. Yoongi shook his head and shushed his girl.
Jimin got lost in thought. The fact that he felt uncomfortable with his sister dating one of his best friends kept bothering him.  It seemed like, from what he observed from the last two encounters, Chaima and Hoseok were carefully walking circles around the real problem. By avoiding this problem, they caused more.

“We should go see Chaima,” he interrupted the group’s chattering. “What?” Yoongi frowned.
“I think Shindae and Baeri should go see Chaima. And the boys go see Hoseok. Those two have been friends for years, this shouldn’t break them apart.” Jimin nodded. He wanted to sound casual. While he watched the others think of his decision, Yoongi wasn’t fooled. “How does this benefit you?”
Jimin looked at his friend. “It doesn’t. I just don’t want my friends to fight that’s all..”
“Right…” Yoongi said and pressed his lips together.
“Let’s go!” Shindae jumped up with excitement. She grabbed Jimin by the arm and walked off already.
“Yah! Wait up!” Baeri squeaked and jumped up as well. “See you later Hyejoon, good luck at work!” Baeri waved at the last girl and ran off to join Shindae and Jimin.
“Come on, guys!” Shindae shouted over her shoulder.
Yoongi sighed deeply and stood up as well. “I suppose we shouldn’t let the Queen and her servant wait..” he winked with a smile before walking off as well.
 

 

Jimin impatiently played with the zipper of his leather jacket. Namjoon rang the doorbell once again and the boys looked at each other with puzzled looks. “He’s supposed to be home, right?” Taehyung muttered.
Yoongi shrugged and walked up to the door. With his fists, he started banging the thick wooden door. “JUNG HOSEOK, YOU DWEEB OPEN THIS DOOR!”
At that point, the door flung open. “

Please log in to read the full chapter