Confusion and Trust

The Female Casanova

KAI'S POV

 

CHAPTER FOUR

            Could it be that Lee So Eul and I are the same? No, think straight Kai, no girl will think like you, I should stop myself from these thoughts.

            When we’ve been properly introduced to each other, our parents left us alone with a stack of papers in front of us. In front of me, So Eul started to read the papers given to us. I decided that if I can’t get her, might as well give her the cold shoulder, she’s a girl anyway.

            Let’s see, the project we need to work on to, is a hotel? This is easy.

            “Uh,” I cleared my throat. Okay, Kim Jong In mode. “Our project is a hotel, so I was thinking that we work on the design first.”

            So Eul didn’t react, she just read the papers. It was like I didn’t speak. Okay, does she prefer that flirting? No, no, this is business. “Excuse me,” I said.

            She looked up at me; her grey eyes staring into mine. “Yes, Mr. Kim?”

            What? Mr. Kim? What is she up to? Why is she so serious now? “I said we should start on the designs and the theme of the hotel.”

            She nodded, and then went back to reading the papers. Okay, fun fact about me, is that when I talk to someone, I’d like it if someone would actually respond with words. “Ms. Lee,” I started.

            “Mr. Kim, I would appreciate it if both of us can work quietly.” She said.

            No way am I letting a girl dictate my actions.

            “Ah, is this how you do it, Victoria?” I asked (teased). Her head shot up and glared. “Perhaps, we think alike, you and Lee So Eul are one, Kim Jong In and Kai are also one.”

            “This is a waste of time,” she commented. “YOU and I are NOTHING ALIKE.” She said in a taunting voice.

            “Oh, but Kai and Victoria-”

            “Stop. Kai and Victoria,” she said, setting her eyes on me. “They might be players, but they serve different purposes.”

            What in the world? We are both players, we sleep with a lot of people, and we do it for fun. What is different?

            I scoffed. “What is different?”

            She rolled her eyes. “I don’t do it for nothing. Now work.” She concentrated on the papers.

            I observed her. Now that she appeared as Lee So Eul, she looked different. Victoria, she was really a sophisticated figure, but So Eul wasn’t like her. She still wore her velvet coat, but it was opened, revealing a cobalt blue dress. Her makeup was just a plain pink lipstick now, making her look innocent.

            It made me wonder, how did she become a player? It must’ve been something.

            Wait, I shouldn’t care. She’s a player, a living proof that all women are heart breakers.

            “Kim Jong In,” she said.

            “Hmm?” I said, pretending to read.

            “Since both of us are players-”

            “What. Are you suggesting that we start trust each other? Hell no. I cut her off.

            She sighed. “No way in hell will I trust a man. Never in this lifetime.”

            I felt guilty at my words. I think I offended her. I was about to speak when she stood up and started to walked out.

            No. I have to make up for my words.

            I grabbed her wrist. “You can trust me.” I said.

            I felt her gaze on me as I spoke. Why did I say that? I don’t know, but if it heals the hurt I gave her, it’ll be enough.

            “What?”

            “I said you can trust me. Since both of us are players, you can be yourself with me, and I can be myself with you. Don’t worry your identity is safe with me.”

            I heard her scoff. “Kai, I’m still a player. Don’t let your guard down.” And with that, she forcefully let go of my hand and walked out the door.

            I sighed. What happened to her? I can sense innocence in her, despite the image she maintains.  Maybe, just maybe, she was like me when she was young?

            Anyway, I think it’ll be fun if I find out.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

HELLO~~~~~ I'm back with another update! :)

I'm thinking of putting Kai's past, what do you guys think? :)

anyway. what do you guys think about this chapter? don't forget to comment and subscribe! :)

thank you for reading! ^^

btw. Chanyeol is appearing next chapter.