Kai meets Victoria

The Female Casanova

KAI'S POV

 

CHAPTER THREE

            I woke up on the sound of my cell phone ringing, its loud ringtone echoed through the walls of the hotel room. I put my hand on the table, trying to reach for the phone without opening my eyes. Finally, I caught the phone.

            “Hello?” I said, half-asleep.

            “Kim. Jong. In.” A lady’s voice was heard from the other line. It sounded authoritative and…WHAT? Oh no, it’s my mother.

            “Yes? Good morning umma~” I said, making my voice adorable. And maybe so that she won’t scold me.

            Clearly, my mom knew exactly what I was doing and yelled at me, “Kim Jong In! Stop being Kai and get your but here in the company right now!” I put my phone away from my ear, aish, my mother is being too loud early in the morning. I put the phone near my ear again. “Yeah, I’ll be there.”

            “You better,” my mother warned. “If I don’t see you here in fifteen minutes, you can say good bye to your name in the family register. I’m serious.”

            “But umma-” And the line went dead. She hung up on me.

            I got out of the bed and looked for my clothes. I put them on, and I realized that my white shirt had kiss marks on it. Once my mother sees this, I’ll be dead. She hates it when she sees kiss marks on my clothes. She lectures me about being ‘decent’ and etc.

            Anyway, once I finished putting my clothes on, I took my phone and car keys that were on the table. I took a last glance on the girl sleeping on the bed. Guess I’ll have to leave her now.

            I always do.

 

            When I got back, my mother and father were already seated on the round table, filled papers. I sighed. They are inside their worlds again. As usual.

            My father looked up and saw me. “Ah, Jong In, you’re here? Come, you have work to do.”

            My mother looked at her watch. “Good son, now sit.”

            I sat down and looked at them. “Well?”

            “This afternoon, I want you to attend a meeting with the Lee Corporation’s daughter. The two of you will be handling a project together. The location will be sent to you later.”

            “What? Can’t you just hand me the-” I stopped myself from talking, wait, daughter? “Did you just say daughter?”

            Mom and dad shared a look, my father smirked, and my mom hit my shoulder. “Mom!”

            “Yah! Don’t even think about flirting,” my mother said. “This is business; you are Kim Jong In here, not Kai.”

            “Yeah, I get it,” I nodded, then I stood up. “Can I go now?”

            “Jong In,” my father said. “Wash up and take off that kiss-stained shirt.”

            My mother glared at me. I simply nodded.

 

            Once I got out, I drove my car to the usual bar that I go to. The bar’s name is ‘Erudition’, and it’s a really executive bar. You need to reserve a week before you go here. This bar is used by many celebrities.

            It’s Saturday today, meaning that the bar might be empty. This is usually the free day of the bar, meaning that anyone can enter.

            Well, there still is a special treatment for the investors of this bar. Yup, I’m one of them. Well, our company is.

            I went to the doorstep and knocked. Quickly, a lady went to me.

            “Is the bar reserved?” I asked her.

            She shook her head. “Should I make it reserved for you, sir?”

            I flashed a smile and went close, I took her hand. She seemed shocked. “Yes please.”

            The lady blushed and let me in. I smirked.

            The bar’s name, Erudition, is the synonym of sophistication, and it is an appropriate name for the bar.

            Velvet couches, obsidian tables, chandeliers-all signs of sophistication.

            I sat down on the central area, where there was a long obsidian table and high velvet chairs. The bar tender was there, cleaning the glasses. I ordered a glass of Cosmo.

            I should’ve brought EXO with me. Oh, EXO is an exclusive club for Korea’s richest bachelors. Currently, we have 12 members, and I don’t think that’ll change. The thing that was failed to mention is that, not only were we bachelors, but also philanderers. At first, I thought they were just playboys, but they are all good people.

            The bar tender gave me my drink and I took a sip of it. My thoughts went to the daughter of our partner company. I haven’t seen her face; in fact, no one knows how she looks like except for those who had seen her. All I heard about her was that she was really cunning.

            That was all I needed to know. All girls are the same anyway. They are all heartbreakers. I didn’t have a good past with girls. And because of that, they all are the same in my eyes. That’s why I am living a life like this.

            Suddenly, I heard the lady outside talking to someone. “Miss, you can’t come in, the bar is already reserved.”

            You got that one right.

            “Darling,” a lady’s voice said. “I own this bar.” She said. And that’s when I heard the door open and a girl, no, a lady went in.

             She’s probably the same age as I am; her curly black hair was let down and was hanging on her waist, her skin was really pale, and her figure was an hourglass. She wore a black velvet coat and her hands were covered with black velvet gloves. Her high heels were black too.

            And for a moment, I lost the words to say. This girl is definitely a model for sophistication.

            Nice timing. It would be a privilege to get her.

            She approached me; up close, I can see that her lips were tainted with a light red glossy color, and her eyes were covered in Gucci shades. “Excuse me,” she said. “Do you mind if I sit?”

            I gave her one of my graceful smiles. “Not at all,” I said. “Please, have a seat.”

            She took a sit beside me and ordered a Bloody Mary. She took one of her gloves off; and I could see a ring that had a V made out of sapphires. Wow, this is one rich chick. Wait, V-ring made of Sapphires? In the bachelor world, there is only one bachelorette that a ring like that, it was Victoria-a world class bachelorette.

            Impossible. Is she really Victoria? If she is then it’s a real jackpot. Victoria is like the most wanted bachelorette and was also named as the ‘Female Casanova’. Chanyeol even told me that she is worthy of having a competition with me. Yeah right, we’ll see about that.

            She took off her V-ring and slid it on her pocket. She put her glove back.

            This calls for my skills.

            “Wait,” I said, then I suddenly held her hand. “Your hands-they are too beautiful to be covered by a glove.”

            I bent down to kiss it, but she quickly shook my hand off. “As I’ve heard, your skills are smooth, Kim Jong In. Or should I say, Kai?”

            My eyes widened at her statement. How did she know my name?

            She chuckled as she took off her shades. Wow, her beauty is unlike those girls that I’ve met. This clearly was natural. But hold on Kai, no. All girls are the same. Then I realized I had to make a comeback. “Oh yes,” I said. “Pleased to meet you at last, Victoria.”

            Her grey eyes grew big when I said her name. I was right.

            Wait, grey eyes? This is remarkable.

            She turned to me. “So? What are you going to do about it?”

            “Hmm?” I asked, taking a sip from my drink. The waiter approached us and handed her drink. “Oh nothing, it’s a pleasure to meet you at last.”

            She raised an eyebrow at me. Damn, this girl is beautiful. No. Don’t think like that.

            “But I must admit,” I’m picking up where I left earlier. Kai mode activated. I her black hair. “Your beauty is as radiant as the sun.”

            “Oh, I beg to differ,” her sharp voice said. “The sun is not really beautiful in my eyes.”

            What. Okay, next line. “Then, perhaps, your eyes would consider the moon-”

            “The moon,” she cut my sentence. “Is coated with craters and imperfections.”

            Suddenly, she smiled at me. What a wonderful smile. OKAY STOP THAT THOUGHT, KAI. She’s just another girl.

            “But, I must say,” she suddenly said. “Seeing you made the wells shallow, and the thorns lovely. I can sense honey by just looking at your lips.”

            I was speechless by her line. I gulped, then looked at her.

            She smirked. “For a playboy, you show your emotions too much. You were taken by that statement?”

            I was. But I won’t admit that, it would hurt my pride. “Uh, n-no.” Why am I stammering?

            She raised an eyebrow and drank her Bloody Mary.

            “Wait, honey,” I tried again. “Are you constantly rejecting me because you are hiding a fact that you are gradually falling for me?” I winked.

            She looked surprised. Bingo. Then she chuckled and smirked. “Oh, darling.” She said, emphasizing the word, ‘darling’. “In a straightforward manner, I don’t. I don’t appreciate men who stammer.”

            This girl, really, is the first person who was able to resist me. But what is this feeling that I can be truthful to her? Why do I feel like I can remove my playboy mask and just be Kim Jong In with her?

            “Yah! Where are you going?” I suddenly asked when I saw her stood up and head for the door.

            She turned to me. “I need to go,” she said, putting her shades on. “I have an appointment. Don’t you too?” And she left me.

            What’s wrong with me? I’m a player, I feel confused because of girls. Kai, pull yourself together, will you?

            My phone rang and I looked at it. My father sent me a message:

            Son, I know where you are and go out now, they say Lee So Eun is at our hotel now. Make sure you’re decent. Hurry up.

            -your father

            I sighed. I put the money on the table and went outside; my father was right, a car was waiting for me. I got in and went to our hotel.

            I went to the exclusive room made for the president and found my mother and father sitting beside each other, with Mr. and Mrs. Lee sitting in the opposite direction.

            I greeted them and sat down beside my father.

            “Hello,” Mr. Lee said. “Our daughter, So Eul, just went to the-”

            “Father,” a sharp voice said. “I’m here.”

            My chest pounded when I heard that voice. Could it be…

            The lady sat down in front of me. I looked at her and my eyes got caught with her grey eyes. She smiled at me. It was the kind of smile that challenges a person.

I swear, my eyes would've popped out of shock.

           I can’t believe it. Victoria and Lee So Eul are both the same.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There we go! Third chapter! I apologize for not updating fast, I had 'stuff' to handle. Mianhaeyo!

anyway. :D they've met! let the game begin. ;) and yes, EXO has a special mention. ^^

how was it? dod you guys like it? :)

please comment and subscribe! ^^ I would like to hear your thoughts on this chapter. :)

thank you for reading! ^^