A Glimpse of His Past

The Female Casanova

KAI'S POV

 

CHAPTER FIVE

          After meeting So Eul that day, I went to the usual meeting place of EXO. It was at the top of Chanyeol’s hotel, just beside the president’s suite. I showed my ID to the guard outside and he easily let me in.

          I went inside and smiled inwardly as I loosened my tie and went to the fridge to get a drink. If there was one thing I considered to be a ‘home’ or any place that calms me, it’s this; being with EXO.

          Yeah, cheesy. But all of us consider each other as brothers. When I was first introduced to EXO, I really thought that they were all just guys who hang around each other because of business, but they I was proved wrong when they were all there for me when I was down.

          “Ah, Kai,” Chanyeol said. He was eating popcorn while watching something on the living room. “You’re here.”

          “Yes,” I said, taking out a cola from the fridge. I plopped down next to him on the sofa. “Where are the others?”

          “Ah,” he said. “Kris-hyung, Chen, and Tao went to Paris, Kyung Soo and Suho-hyung is on their flight right now, Sehun and Luhan-hyung went to this new famous tea place to buy bubble tea, Lay-hyung and Xiumin-hyung are on a business meeting.”

          “They are busy,” he nodded. “Wait, where’s Baekhyun-hyung?”

          “Baekhyun is sleeping,” Chanyeol answered. “He says he’s tired after doing ‘stuff’.”

          Yeah right. STUFF.

          “By the way,” I started. “Chanyeol…”

          “Hmm?” Chanyeol asked; stuffing popcorn into his mouth. “Wait, this has something to do with you meeting the Lee Corporation’s daughter, right?”

          As expected, Chanyeol’s senses are always good. Among us, he is the one that can sense if something is wrong. “Yup.”

          “Why?”

          “She is…” I said, trying to be cautious of my words. “A bit…I don’t know, strange? Peculiar?”

          Chanyeol chuckled. “Why? She won’t fall for your charms?”

          “Yeah, she is completely immune to all my ways,” I said. “It’s like she has a wall around her.”

          “Ahh,” Chanyeol said, staring at the ceiling. “You know, sometimes, when people get traumatized, they change.”

          “Like me?”

          He nodded. “Like you. But hers is something worse than what you went through. It was really traumatic and sad that it made her change.”

          Oh, that must be it. Chanyeol sure does know. Wait, how does he know?

          “Wait,” I said. “How did you know?”

          His eyes widened. “Ah,” he chuckled. “Just a theory.”

          “You are a bad liar.”

          “I kind of know…just that.”

          I let it go. If Chanyeol doesn’t want to talk about it, then I won’t.

          “But Kai,” he started. “Sorry about this but, since we talked about it, have you forgotten her?”

          I looked away. Chanyeol’s mention of her made my blood boil. Because the truth is, I still haven’t. She is the reason why I became someone like this, a player. She is the reason why I think every woman in the world is a heart breaker. I just can’t forget her. She broke my heart, used me, and wasted me.

          “Sorry, I shouldn’t-”

          “It’s okay,” I cut him off. “Kang Ye Joon.”

          “Yeah, her.”

          “Not yet,” I said, trying to make it sound casual. “I mean, she left a scar, so how could I? She turned me into Kai. She just played me; she made me a laughing stock.”

          He nodded. “We all saw that.”

          “She wasted me. While I cried, she laughed. All my self-esteem, confidence, and dignity got drained because of her. It took me a while to recover. I mean, she even told me that while I loved her, I looked silly. That she laughed at me for being a gentleman. She told everyone that I was this clingy ‘dog’ that always follows her around.”

          Up until now, I can hear the laughs that insulted me. It was still painful, it was still fresh.

          Chanyeol patted my back.

          “What about her?” I asked. Suddenly changing the topic.

          “Her? She is as broken and beautiful as you.”

          I laughed. But seriously, how does Chanyeol know her?

          And with what Chanyeol told me, it seems that I was right. She was still innocent within. And inside me, something tells me that I was willing to see her innocent side.

          Why am I doing this?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

HELLOOOOOO~~ a short chapter to show a preview of Kai's past. :)

what do you think is Chanyeol's relationship to So Eul? ;)

don't forget to comment and subscribe! ^^

thank you for reading! :)