part 2. ( final )

Between Coffee and Bubble Tea

Sehun and Jongin stick together and this thing doesn’t go unnoticed by Luhan. Luhan always has that frown when Sehun rejects his offer, declining his invitation and tells him that he needs to go with Jongin. Luhan wonders if Jongin has replaced Luhan’s position as Sehun’s best friend.

Until one day, Luhan has enough, he pulls Sehun by on the arm, pushing him a rather harshly onto his locker. “Oh Sehun,” he calls with a straight voice. Luhan purses his lips. “Are you avoiding me?”

Sehun frowns in confusion. “What are you talking about, hyung?”

Luhan glares at him. “You are always with Jongin! Whenever I ask you for bubble tea, you always say you have made plan with Jongin. Whenever I want to pick you up or walk you home, you are already with Jongin.”

Sehun moves a little, trying to break free from Luhan’s grip. He shakes his head. “I can’t actually believe you,” he says in monotone before walking off to his class. Luhan’s face has never looked so puzzled before.

 

Luhan puffs his cheeks as he makes his way towards the cooking class. He slumps down on one of the chairs and stares at the back of a petite male who is currently mixing the eggs, sugar, butter and vanilla together. Luhan sighs deeply, which finally gains the younger’s attention.

“What now, hyung?” Luhan met Kyungsoo through Minseok. They were introduced to each other a few weeks ago, which the weeks of Sehun and him were drifting apart.

“You know, Sehun is avoiding me,” he states and Kyungsoo only turns slightly to him before giving his full attention back on the mixture.

“You mean Oh Sehun, Luhan’s best friend slash secret crush?” he teases, smiling a little.

Luhan rolls his eyes at him and snorts. “Sehun is my best friend, Minseok is my secret crush. Take a look at the difference- oops.” Luhan quickly covers his mouth as he just accidentally lets his secret slip.

Kyungsoo looks at him in disbelief. “Seriously? Whoa,” he replies. “I thought you liked Sehun, it was more obvious,” he mutters to himself, not loud enough for Luhan to hear.

“Uh well don’t tell him!” Luhan whines and Kyungsoo has the urge to roll his eyes but he doesn’t.

“So, what’s your point of coming here?” Kyungsoo asks as he turns on the oven before taking a seat in front of Luhan.

Luhan sighs. “Sehun keeps hanging out with Jongin!”

Kyungsoo frowns. “Jongin?”

“Oh right you don’t know him- oh wait you do! Isn’t he your childhood friend and neighbor or something?”

Kyungsoo nods silently. “Yeah, I live next to his house.”

Luhan widens his eyes in surprise. “Whoa, small world?”

 Kyungsoo only shrugs.

 

 

Luhan doesn’t give up just yet. He approaches Sehun on the next day after school with the same invitation. “Sehun, let’s go for bubble tea!” He beams.

Sehun looks at him for a few seconds, “Oh hyung I-“

“Sehunnie!”

Jongin comes behind him with a grin. Luhan doesn’t realize he has been glaring at the tan skinned male for awhile now especially when Jongin has his arm around Sehun’s shoulder, acting buddy-buddy with his best friend.

“Hyung, Jongin is going to introduce me to one of his dance friends.”

“But you are always with him!” he retorts with a whiny voice, which makes Jongin laughs inside.

Jongin smirks and leans his head on Sehun’s shoulder. “Yeah, because I’m his bubble tea-buddy,” he says with a teasing voice. Luhan rolls his eyes at Jongin and stomps his feet, walking away to the soccer field.

Jongin smiles in victory but Sehun is forever confused.

“Come on, buddy.”

 

 

Luhan unexpectedly comes to Kyungsoo’s cooking class again. It’s after the school hours, only Kyungsoo is there to clean the mess while the members have gone home. Luhan is somehow proud with Kyungsoo’s diligent side.

“Kyungsoo!” he calls when he arrives at the door of the cooking class. Kyungsoo turns around. He doesn’t reply but smiles a little before stuffing his cooking book into his bag.

Luhan walks in and stands behind the petite male, as if he is waiting for Kyungsoo. Kyungsoo raises a brow. “What’s the matter this time?”

Luhan shakes his head. “I just think Sehun likes Jongin more than me,” he replies and sighs softly.

Kyungsoo chuckles and grabs his bag as he walks ahead with Luhan following him. “Are you actually jealous?”

Luhan nods a little. “Sounds cheesy but of course, he is my first friend here.”

Kyungsoo shakes his head in disapproval. “No, Luhan. I think you have to talk to him.”

Luhan snorts. “I tried!”

“No, but a serious talk.”

 

 

Sehun keeps shifting in his seat as he felt really uncomfortable with Luhan’s stare. They are both in Luhan’s room (since the older dragged him to his house), studying calculus but Luhan doesn’t even have his book opened. Luhan is only staring.

“Hyung, stop that.”

Luhan pouts. “What?”

“Stop staring.”

“I’m not staring.”

“You are.”

“Hyung, what do you want?” Sehun gives up and closes his book, moves it aside to turn to Luhan.

Luhan pouts. “Tell me why you are avoiding me.”

 

“Luhan, I like you.”

 

Luhan widens his eyes in shock. He gapes at the sudden confession and when he realizes they have been staring at each other for a few minutes, he shifts uncomfortably in his seat.

Sehun sighs and smiles (a sad smile, if Luhan notices). “Hyung, it’s getting late. I’m going home.”

Luhan can only blink when Sehun gets up, taking his blazer and bag with him. He doesn’t dare to call Sehun when the younger is running out of his room, even if he looks like he is about to cry.

 

 

“So… Sehun likes me,” Luhan starts, receiving a snort from Kyungsoo a few seconds after.

Kyungsoo takes the cup of tea in front of him and sips it. “Told you so,” he replies.

Here he goes again, Luhan asking Kyungsoo to come and listen to his love problem and maybe giving some advices as if the other is an expert in love. Luhan knows Kyungsoo is not the right person but he doesn’t really have anyone to go and he surely cannot go to Minseok. Kyungsoo suddenly becomes the best solution.

“What should I do?” Luhan asks in frustration.

“Who do you like?” Kyungsoo asks with a soft sigh.

Luhan looks up from the cheesecake he has been staring for minutes. “I like-“he stops for awhile, not knowing what to say. Isn’t that an easy question? The answer should be Minseok but, why can’t he answer right away?

 

Do I like Sehun?

 

“Now, now, Luhan, if you are confused with your feeling, let me ask you.”

Kyungsoo moves the cup aside and rests his arms on the table, setting his serious look at Luhan. “You don’t like it when Sehun gets too close to Jongin?”

Luhan bites his lower lips and nods a little.

“Have you ever… looked at Sehun as a man? I mean, have you ever stared at his eyes a little longer and got lost? Have you ever glanced at his lips and secretly wanted to touch it?”

Luhan flushes a little but still nodding.

“Did you like it when he hugged you?”

“Of course,” he whispers faintly.

“Based on my judgment, it’s definitely something, Luhan.” Kyungsoo smiles softly at Luhan. “But I can’t confirm anything. It can be either your friendship is too strong or you possibly like him. You should find it out yourself.”

Luhan thinks he should stop being a coward.

 

 

Luhan takes enough time to think and think. It’s been four days since his small talk with Kyungsoo and he cannot stop trying to find the right answer. He tries to recall everything he did with Sehun. When Sehun fed him, when Sehun took care of his injury after the soccer practice, when he watched Sehun danced, all of the thoughts get him fluttered out of sudden. And he suddenly feels he just lost something big in his life.

“Sehun, I like you.”

 

 

Luhan has planned to talk to Sehun about it, to apologize for his absence, to explain everything and to make it up. He is going to greet Sehun normally, then he will start the topic about it and confess then they will get together, holding hands as they walk home. Maybe sharing some sweet kisses will be great too. Luhan is already smiling shyly at the thoughts of his plan.

But what he sees in the end of the corridor is not very pleasant.

Why the hell did Sehun peck his cheek?!

Luhan turns back. His plan fails when it hasn’t even started. He is just going to go home and-

“Where do you think you are going?” Kyungsoo asks with his arms crossed in front of his chest.

Luhan looks up to him. His lips trembled and his eyes are getting a little watery (if Kyungsoo is not mistaken). He points at the figures behind him and Kyungsoo peeks over his shoulder to see Jongin and Sehun together. It seems Sehun has done something Luhan shouldn't see that makes Kim Jongin blush.

Kyungsoo sighs. “And you want to back off? You haven’t even started!”

Luhan nods. “There is no point of confessing, Soo. They are together!”

“Who are together?”

The voice behind him startles him. Luhan doesn’t dare to turn around but Kyungsoo is stubborn enough. “Tell him, you will regret if you never do,” he whispers, encouraging his friend.

Luhan decides. It’s now or never.

“Sehun, I need to talk to you.”

 

Sehun finds himself being dragged by his best friend into an empty class room. He stares curiously at Luhan, waiting for an explanation but he doesn’t get any. Instead, Luhan seems to be trying to control his breath.

“Luhan?” Sehun calls.

Luhan looks up nervously. “Sehun, listen to me okay? I’m so sorry for the past months. I have never been there for you. Instead of me, Jongin was the one who accompanied you to get some bubble tea; he was there to walk you home and all. I’m sorry…”

Sehun frowns. “Hyung, if it’s all about it, it’s okay. I know you want to spend some times with your crush too-“

“No!” Luhan shouts and ruffles his own hair. Sehun seems shocked but he doesn’t continue.

“As I was saying, I’m sorry. But Sehun, I like you. No, probably bigger than a crush but yeah I like you.”

Sehun is frozen in his spot, not moving at all. It takes him a full minute to realize he has been spacing out.

“Hyung… you are probably confused. Don’t say anything if you don’t mean it.”

Luhan shakes his head. “No, Sehun. I like you-“

“How about Minseok? You can’t just say you like everyone!”

Luhan sighs in annoyance, frustration and anger. “Yes I liked him. It was only a crush. But it has been you all along, Sehun,” he says under his breath, as if he has no energy left.

Sehun takes a step closer to Luhan. He moves his hand to cup Luhan’s left cheek, caressing it softly. “This is not a prank, is this?” he asks in a softer tone.

Luhan smiles slightly and shakes his head. He has done his plan in confessing. Let’s skip the holding hands and walking home to when Luhan tiptoes to press his lips against Sehun’s.

 


 

Jongin smiles before letting out a long sigh as he sees the best friends walk away. He chuckles to himself. “Unrequited love hurts, doesn't it?” he mumbles lowly to himself but Kyungsoo doesn’t miss it.

He watches Jongin staring at the empty hall and nods. “Yeah, unrequited love hurts.”

 


 

it's shortttt ahhh and sorry for posting this late!

sorry this is ty btw. comment & subscribe ( if you really like it ). maybe upvote too ( if you really really like it )