I'll take your hand and run

If we could turn back time

5 weeks had gone by, the merger of Jeguk Empire and RS International did not take place. Minho's mum Han Ki-ae had threatened to expose Esther of her hideous fling, and thus broke their children's marriage agreement.

Not longer tied to the business marriage, Jiwon went into a depression. She cried herself to sleep at night, it was hard to believe that marriage agreement could be so easily broken. She had liked Minho for 8 years. For 8 long years she was only looking at him, longing to be accepted and be loved by him. Now, she could only resign to the fate that she was just a pawn in the business world, to be strategically used by her mum. No one really cared for her feelings, or what she wanted. It's always about her mom, status, money and RS International. Now, all her efforts to get Minho's affection had gone futile.

It was Minho's 18th birthday party held at Hotel Zeus, owned by Jongsuk's dad. All the socially privileged people were invited to this exclusive networking event, including all students of Jeguk High. Jiwon, full of desolation and vengeance, was adorned for the night. She purposefully chose the best acessories and prepared herself to look beautiful and confident. She wiped her tears as she looked at herself in the mirror. She wanted Minho to regret. She was the best that he could ever have, and she would to be his loss.

At the ballroom, she mingled with some distinguished representatives, but becomes disinterested. They were, afterall meaningless small talks. The long-awaited Minho had arrived with Shinhye in his black Lamborghini. What?! He came with Shinhye, that shameless girl in a red dress that isn't all that amazing. All cameras and spotlights were on them. As they held hand-in-hand and walked into the ballroom, she felt an overwhelming jealousy of Shinhye. That was her rightful spot. It was meant for her, Jiwon. Not for that poor and status-less girl with nothing to offer. She watched as Minho gleamed with happiness. Minho had definitely met her eyes, yet did not acknowledge her presence. She was heartwrenched, and it stifled her so much. She was supposed to come with Minho as his fiancee, how did it come to this? The love that she had fought so much for, boiled down to nothing today. She wanted to cry, to scream and shout in pain. She quickly excused herself and stepped out of the ballroom. She needed to breathe.

Outside, she saw a familiar figure. Jongsuk leaning by the staircase handrail and drinking a glass of red wine by himself. For the past few weeks, Jiwon and Jongsuk had become more than acquaintances. Perhaps camaraderie? Or maybe not. He would make excuses to walk her home once in a while and crack lame jokes in an attempt to make Jiwon smile. Or he would tease and call her short-legs, short-hands, whatever. She would get a little angry, which he thought was cute. She would then share with him how her engagement was going downhill and how much she detested Shinhye for robbing what belonged to her. Jongsuk was the only person she could find solace at this moment. He was always around in her moments of distress these days, and it comforted her.

Jongsuk had noticed her sadness. That's right, she must be upset that everyone's attention was on Shinhye. After today, it would go public that Jeguk's choice was Shinhye, not Jiwon. He wanted to pull Jiwon for a tight hug, so that she could cry on his shoulders and let her hit his chest even if she needed to.

They looked at each other and gave an understanding smile.

Jiwon wore a classic, off-the-shoulder dress that was cream-colored, glittered with gold. It billowed out from the waist beautifully. He loved her heavy bangs, and her hair that falls nicely in soft curls.

She was beautifully perfect.

He tried to distract Jiwon by cheekily making fun of her dress, her lip colour, and anything. He wanted to make her feel better, to forget about Minho and Shinhye. She grinned and saucily bit back by saying his hair combed down was not that great either.

At the corner of their eyes, they could see Minho and Shinhye finished with their speeches and giving a toast to the reporters and congregation.

"Jongsuk... Do you think Shinhye is pretty? What do guys normally think of her?"

"Hm... She IS pretty... although not the prettiest I have seen." Upon saying this he looked at her... "She has nothing, no money, no status, she's weak."

"Why, won't you like her?"

"She's too gloomy, and she gets stressed over the slightest things. That's too boring. I... like girls who are pretty and confident."

Hearing this put her mind at ease. At least, he didn't have bad taste and was not superficial as Minho is. They chatted on, and a drunk Caucasian in his suspenders staggered his way, colliding onto Jiwon. Her glass of wine spilled over his exquisite shirt and some onto her dress.

"Ow! you ruined my shirt!"

"Come on I didn't even see you coming. I'll pay for it." Jiwon opened her clutch to take some cash.

"Pay?! There is ing nowhere else you can find this shirt---"

Jongsuk cut in, "Why do you even bother yourself with him?!!"

...And Jongsuk took her hand and they run...!

"YA! Lee Jongsuk! Why do we need to run?!!" Her other hand grabbed onto her dress as they run.

Jongsuk just laughed it off. He enjoyed being chased, because he was holding Jiwon's hand.

"Stop... running you... ing... !!!" The drunkard chased slowly and unsteadily. "YOU ARE SO GOING TO PAY FOR TODAY!"

Being chased around the hotel is... refreshing and exciting. From the red-carpeted grand stairway, to the magnificent clock tower, even the corridors in ivory reeks the scent of Portugal architecture. Everything swirls into a blur. They became breathless from running and laughed till their stomachs hurt. Finally they turned corners and ran into a room which Jongsuk had a key for. They shook the drunkard off.

Exhausted and out of breath, Jongsuk opened the fridge and pulled out champagnes where they drank straight from the bottles.

Jiwon hadn't been chased like that for a long time. She laughed as she gasped for breaths.

She noticed that Jongsuk was peculiarly suave in his white suit. He had good skin complexion and fringe carefully combed. Not even the run had messed up his hair. She had never really noticed him around in Jeguk High before. He does not act like the typical chaebols in schools, or does he? She has  thought much about him. It was only recent months that she became aware of his presence as they began to talk much more. With him occasionally claiming to visit his childhood nanny who lives near her place, or his sudden interest to eat the blood sausage at the nearby roadside stall, Jongsuk had insisted that it was on the way and walked her home. Blood sausage, why does it sound to her as absurd? But he was always thoughtful, and she felt that he understood her. Why hadn't she noticed him until now?

"Actually..." She began, "You look charming today. Just, today."

Her compliment pleased Jongsuk, although he tried not to show it. He recalled earlier on, the time he took to style his hair to details, and selecting the perfect suit to impress. It was as though he had scored a goal with her noticing his efforts.

"You are gorgeous too. Just... today."

Both of them had continued to drink until they dropped onto the floor next to each other.

Jiwon is beautiful when she blushes. Her long flowy dress was semi-sheer which bares her skin, and her bust line was sharply accentuated. His eyes trace from her lips, chin, neck, collarbone, and milky skin. She caught him staring at her, but did not say a word. Feeling the heat, he wants to resist his inner urge and hold himself back. But he could only inch closer to her, almost touching her lips. They are aware of how close they are, their hearts pounded in a romantically charged moment. He is so close that she can feel his heavy breathing.

Jongsuk's heavy hands on her gives her a sense of security. He puts one hand on her body and with the other, he brushes and smoothes a lock of hair away from her eyes. He kisses her lips and wets down the neckline. She is afraid, but she lets him take lead. The heat between them become more intense. His hand slowly slides down her body, to her waist and down between her thighs. He her with his thumb, making her moan. Then he carries her, widening her thighs, wrapping her legs around his hips and pinned her against the wall. It makes her nervous, but it's thrilling. His kisses, they were hard and needing. She lets out soft cries and goes with the flow. She presses her body against his, softly looking into his eyes.

Jongsuk pressed her harder against the wall.