Chapter 1

Mélomane.

 

 

As soon as Minseok entered the room, Chen grabbed his arm and pulling him toward himself. " Ouch. " Minseok winced, " what is it? "

 

Chen pointed to a man in front of the practice room. Minseok's eyes followed his friend's finger and saw a rather blandly dressed man. He had seen that blazer before.

 

" Who's that? " he asked. Chen shrugged, " we were practicing then that man just came out of nowhere and he started to shout at us in Chinese! I think he's either lost, mad or just simply koo-koo. "

 

Chen lifted his index finger and made a circular motion beside his head while making a kooky expression on his face. Minseok shook his head and straightened himself up. While crossing his arm, he walked toward the Chinese Man.

 

It wasn't until he walked halfway toward the unfamiliar man that he noticed the orchestra members were unusually quiet. Before he could greet the man, he turned around and examine Minseok's feature.

 

He said something in Chinese, he sound like he was asking a question but Minseok couldn't tell for sure. Again, the man repeated the same sentence.

 

Minseok replied with a look of confusion. " I don't understand. Do you speak Korean? " Minseok asked.  Now it was his turn to show a baffled look. Minseok scratched the back of his head and sighed.

 

The man, however, didn't waste time. He keep on saying things in Chinese. He slowed down his pronunciation as if talking to a kid, hoping maybe Minseok would understand if he said it that way.

 

Minseok frowned and shook his head, " I don't understand. " Minseok stated in English. " I don't speak Chinese. Get it? "

 

Minseok paused and tried to recall everything he learned in his foreign language class in high school. "  W-wo bu hui shuo zhongwen...? Is that right? I think it's right, right? "

 

The Chinese man still look dumbfounded. Oh no, did I pronounced it wrong? or maybe the word structure is wrong? or maybe he's Cantonese...

 

While Minseok was deep in thought, the man in front of him shook his head and pointed his finger to Minseok. " Kim Minseok? "

 

That, Minseok understand. He recognized his name anywhere. He nodded. The Chinese man smiled, after that he pointed at himself, " Zhang Yixing. "

 

After introducing himself, Yixing extended his hand and Minseok shook his hand. 

 


And the faitful encounter is finally here. Thank you for the subscribe, I appreciate every single one of you and it would be nice if you commented as well : )

 

silhouetteoflies,

030514, Saturday.