Prologue

Russian Roulette Queen
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Prologue:

In the rain a man ran down the busy streets of Seoul with nothing, but the trench coat sticking on his back. His breath came out in small, barely visible puffs of smoke as he hurried along the street. Umbrellas that were held above his head caught some of the pellets of water before hitting him, and the ones that were below his head were bumped and squirted more rain water onto him. 

See this man was no ordinary man. On the outside, he was a regular person that no one would bat an eyelash at. He wore simple clothes, but had them precisely in perfect condition. He carried the scent of early coffee and hints of cologne, nothing any other man would smell different from. That was what he was in the real world, a regular, simple man.

However...once the clock struck six 'o' clock pm, it was game on. The man always took three things with him: a fedora hat; his wallet that carried an amount of money with his cigarrettes; and in his hand, his piece.

Last week the man lost his piece and now he was on the hunt for another one. As he flashed his bus pass at the bus he just climbed on, he sat alone in the back looking out the window. The clouds were black, but the rain began to slow down a bit. This was a good sign.

His bus ride was short. Only a mere five minutes spent on the vehicle and there he was pressing the button to signify his stop. Hopping off the steps without looking back, the man pulled the collar of his trench coat closer and walked slowly to the building across the street.

Up the next set of stairs he shook off any rain off his back and fixed himself up. Coughing a bit he took out a pair of fine leather gloves from his pocket and placed them on. The gloves stuck to his skin immediately, and heat rose from them. Pressing a finger to the intercom he waited for a voice.

"Welcome to the Seoul Orphanage, how may I help you?" A chirpy woman asked.

"I'd like to speak to you inside Miss."

"Please wait outside as I come open the door for you Sir."

"Alright."

The man waited and soon the door opened, just as the woman said. He looked down at her and saw she was in an overall dress with only a long sleeved white shirt underneath. The woman wore high black knee socks and had slippers on. She smiled at the man, "My name is Miss Hyi, how may I help you sir?"

-------------

Boys and girls ran around the room screaming. Laughter was heard from every corner and the sounds of stomping feet and bells echoed along the walls. In one room a little girl sat alone on her bed. It was two days since the girl last moved from her spot.

The other kids that shared the room with the girl stared at her all the time. Usually whenever someone new came they all became friends, but this one, this one ignored them all.

The little girl had stories spread about her past. Some say she was thrown from orphanage to orphanage for bad behavior, others say that she was a lost princess from the western world and was sent back to Korea as her temporary home. The most ridiculous rumor was that she was a delinquent who stole and was abandoned by her parents because of her lack of interest in morals.

It wasn't said that the girl didn't hear any o

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter