Chapter 1

Different.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I was always alone. No one would care for me. At one point i was loved, but i had no idea about it. I was still very young to even know. But now i have nothing. Abandoned but my parents when young… well… not really abandoned, more like left behind because they passed away. I have heard many stories about them… But they weren’t pleasant.

 

I am now 8 years old. I have lived 6 years alone and to defend for my self and live off of others. I had to learn the hard way. Do everything the hard way and learn differently. But because of this, it made me strong, to move forward and to keep going, to never give up.

 

Despite that i was different from the others from my clan, i still fought to live. I was different and i liked it. There were points where i hated being different, but what was so wrong being different? Different shows you what you are, it defines who you are and what you do.

 

I was the outcast of the clan. While they were sleeping during the day, i was up and about playing with the wild and unknown that my clan doesn’t know about and i would also be practicing. And at night, they would be up, playing around, partying and hunting, while i would be sleeping for half the night and the other half i would be practicing my other powers.

 

The most power you can have is 1, but if you're special like me, you have 3. My main power is shadow manipulation and my secondary power is force(yes, star wars force;p). While my special power is… Well you’ll just have to find out yourselves…(;

 

It all started on a nice spring, sunny afternoon. While the shadow clan slept, i was running along with a pack of wolfs and because of this, my six senses were heightened and more clear. I had always ran with them around noon before anything else. I did grow up with the wild. ran with wolfs. Swim with the frogs, fish, otters, etc… I was a free child. But i did know what was right from wrong and wrong from right. I wasn't a stupid kid, nor was i a brat because i was free, i learnt them while growing up with the townspeople and from the wild within the forest.

 

The townspeople never go to the city market alone. They always went in groups and only on specific days. Most of the other clans were afraid of us. I didnt know why. I have heard, more like eavesdropping, many not so good stories from the townspeople. But that didnt stop my curiosity.

 

After the run, i dipped into the cool river and washed my self. After washing myself,i went into the small cabin, i build for myself by the river, to dry myself off. The towns people lived deep in the woods where it was dark all the time, while i lived on the river bank where there is sunlight and a clear view of the sky.

 

After drying myself, i put on a pair of old pants and a old pair of ragged shirt. My hair wasn’t all that good either. It was an amber red that was everywhere. Birdsnest at every inch of my head that was frizzy, curly, you name it. I didnt care much about how i looked like. I was suppose to be wearing a nice dress because the townspeople little girls always wear dresses while the boys wore what im wearing, but a lot cleaner and nicer. Many has mistaken me for a little boy many times, but i rather have them think of me as a boy than girl.

 

After doing so, i walk out to smell smoke not to far from here. I used my shadow manipulation to manipulate the shadows around the woods to see what was going on because there was no one awake at this time. It was an hour past noon. And because i was still little and didnt have enough energy i could only use my power for so long. I didnt get anything, so i ran into the woods without thinking and ran straight to the clan.

 

Half way there i heard some screaming and more burning. Not just burned wood but something else, something like flesh? I looked up as soon as i heard running feet and puffing sounds. Slowing my pace i ran into two boys, one older and one younger. Both were injured and puffing air hard. “Wh-What happened?” I asked looking at them shocked. We heard some shouting and they took off run

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter