Curry bun

Boys ♂ and Girls ♀ (Prince and Princesses of the school) (Hiatus)

The girls watched in amazement as Seohyun opened another can.

The can popped opened with a hiss and Seohyun immediately brought the can to her lips and skulled it.

Finishing the can with a satisfied "Ah" from the back of , Seohyun crushed the can in her hands and dropped it to the picnic mat they had laid down on the field to have lunch on.

"If I didn't know, I would've thought you were drinking beer." Yoona chuckled, amused "You drink like those office men do after work like they show in dramas." Yoona held an invisible can to her lip and mimicked Seohyuns actions

"AH!" She sighed roughly, like a beer commercial, Seohyun threw one of the empty cans at her.

"I don't know why you're so worked up though, unnie, you should've seen you after you walked out of the classroom, you were trembling."

IU said as she pushed her frames up her nose, recalling the memory of Seohyun stalking out of the classroom with confidence, but as soon as the were out in the hallway, her crossed arms dropped and she walked ahead silently, her shoulders slightly shaking.

"I was just angry, you know how much I hate him."

Hyuna laughed "Of course! Its why you came to this school afterall, when your parent's wish was for you to attend that prestigious private school in the states."

Seohyun huffed "What? No! I came here because you guys MADE me!"

Krystal gasped "Eh? Unnie, you were the one who cornered me and lectured me about how we should all stay together and go to the same school! I was going to go to the country side where there were cute animals!" She pouted as all her friends rolled their eyes at her

"Right.........but yes! I came because I wanted to stay together with you all! Getting back at that Jung Yong Hwa is just convenience! I didn't even know he was going to this school until...."

"Until you did your last stalker-ish background check on him?" Yoona raised her eyebrows, she knew that whenever once in a while, Seohyun would hire some sort of dodgey source of detective and get the latest news on Yong Hwa.

"Seriously Seo, I know he hurt you bad and made a big influence on you." Seohyun glared at Yoona like she wanted to protest, but she knew it was true, in some way "But maybe it's best to just let go now....we'll be class mates for the next two years! Do you really want to make yourself miserable by hating on him?"

Seohyun sighed "But....." She closed , then opened it again agter a moment of hesitation-

"These two years...it just seems like I've spend every moment hating him and wanting to get revenge....if I don't do it, I'll never let go, until I make him realise the pain he made me go through...until I feel like I have no reason to hate him anymore, it'll always seem like I'll be living to hate him..." Seohyun's jaw clenched tight as Yoona patted her back comfortingly.

"We support you Seohyun unnie!!" Jiyeon- who had been muching on food this entire time- chirped as she gulped down her last mouthful.

Yoona grinned "Jiyeon's right, no matter how stupid it seems, and no matter how much of a cliche chick-drama this developes into, we'll support you no matter what!" The girls cheered in agreement as they wrapped their arms around Seohyun, who broke into a wide smile.

As they unwrapped themselves from each other, Jiyeon poked at Seohyun's lunch "Curry bun? I thought you hated them unnie?"

Seohyun stayed silent for a moment and shrugged "I feel like it today." She smiled and took the bun away from Jiyeon who was eyeing it like prey.

She opened the packed and bit into the soft bread, she closed her eyes for a moment, letting the spice of the curry linger in

 

 

"Yah Park Jiyeon!!! You ate my lunch!!"

"What? Its time for you to go on diet unnie!"

"What? Yah You're dead!....."

 

Seohyun lips curled into a smile as she swallowed the mouthful silently.

She's never really hated curry buns.

 

 

------

Yong Hwa eyes his curry bun warily as he stuffed almost the entire thing in his mouth.

"So...she the childhood friend?" Seungho asked slowly while Wooyoung and Minho was hearing the story from Jungshin and Jonghyun, who was adding a lot more flavour than what actually happened.

"You should have seen your Yong Hwa hyung's face! He looked like he was anticipating a kiss!"

"What? No! How can you want a kiss from someone other than me Yong Hwa hyung!" Minho wailed launching himself towards Yong Hwa, Yong Hwa pushed his face away expectedly, leaving Minho pouting and rubbing at his cheeks.

Jonghyun and Minho started to talk again, gibbering away at what Yong Hwa looked like before, during, after the unexpected episode with the girl named Seohyun.

Yong Hwa groaned and buried his face inside his folded arms which was perched on his desk, drowning out the sound.

Another muffled round of laughs were heard until they finally settled down and started poking around Yong Hwa

"So who was she hyung? Ex-girlfriend? Rival? LOVE rival? Come on, tell us, tell us!" Yong Hwa swatted his hand at his annoying friends like they were flies.

Sure they were all close friends, but its not like guys ever talk about much more than sport, cars and music, the only one who knew about Seohyun was Seungho, he was the oldest friend Yong Hwa had out of the group.

Yong Hwa groaned loudly and pulled his head out of his arms, alarming his probing friends.

"I'm bunking, no need to cover up for me, just tell Mrs. Cho, Cha, what ever, that her classes ." Yong Hwa walked out of the classroom, frustrated as his friends watched him go silently 

"Your fault." Yong Hwa heard Wooyoung say after he left the class

"What? I wasn't the one who......"
 

He sighed, he wasn't really angry at them, just annoyed? Frustrated? He just wanted to get out of there.

He could explain to them later....but how? Who was Seohyun to him? Daughter of one of his father's business partners? Old neighbour? Childhood friend- his only one- who suddenly disappeared and moved away without any explanation during their second year of junior high?

 He sighed. He didn't really know.

 

-----

 It was already evening, After wandering the streets and malls aimlessly, eating and buying useless things, Yong Hwa finally hailed a cab and rode home. Expectedly, his friends were already waiting for him at his house when he got there.

"Young master, your friends have waited for you since school ended." His old butler said after greeting him, his voice was a little strained, as if disapproving Yong Hwa of making his friends wait for him that long, it almost got Yong Hwa guilty.

Almost.

Before Yong Hwa even entered his living room where his friends have apparently "waited on him worriedly", he already heard excited shouts and howls coming from the room, sliding the door opened, he was not surprised to see his friends making themselves very much at home. Jonghyun, Jungshin and Wooyoung eached had a joystick in hand, mashing buttons excitedly at the big tv screen that had the FIFA 12 game that Yong Hwa hadn't even had much time to play on. Seungho sat quietly sipping tea while staring intently into the game of chess he was playing- more like teaching- with minho, Minho was distracted, obviously not really caring about thes chess pieces as his eyes were fixed onto the manga book sitting on his lap.

They didn't even notice that Yong Hwa had come, until he made a nose to clear his throat.

"Ah! Yong Hwa hyung!" Minho was the first to jump and greet him, latching himself onto the older male.

"Making yourselves at home I see..." Yong Hwa didn't really mind, they came around to his house all the time, but he was expecting to be sitting quietly with guilty expression on their faces, not having the time of their lives.

"Oh, we waited for a long time Yong Hwa, but Butler Kim told us to make ourselves at home so..." Seungho stood up from his seat, Yong Hwa wasn't sure he'd seen Seungho's eyes that shifty before.

"Uh...yea, we waited a long long time for you hyung!" Wooyoung chirped as Jungshin and Jonghyun murmured in agreement, their eyes back onto the screen now.

Yong Hwa rolled his eyes.

 

--

At first no one really said much about the topic again, they continued playing around like they always did, when suddenly, someone blurted out

"But seriously though, who was she?"

Yong Hwa groaned as a bunch of excited friends piled around him again, glad that someone had the knack to open up the topic again, they bothered him endlessly before the gave in and told them about him and Seohyun, there wasn't really much to tell really.

"Then one day I got told that she moved away and changed schools." Yong Hwa said simply.

"Aw...so you guys were childhood sweethearts!" Wooyoung said as he clutched his chest dramatically, "Now reuniting in highschool again, how romantic!"

"Yea....I'm sure, she looked reeeeally pleased to see Yong Hwa here." Jonghyun said jokingly as he clonked Yong Hwa on the shoulder.

"Yea Yong Hwa, she didn seem like she wanted to burn you alive, do you know why?" Seungho said with a slight frown as he sipped his japanese tea.

Yong Hwa shrugged "Well, maybe she never really liked me? We were kinda forced to play together by our parents...and you know." Yong Hwa shrugged.

Wooyoung narrowed his eyes, sensing something "Know what hyung?"

Yong Hwa shrugged again "Well you know...just, girl, boy being forced to always play together since young, there was some teasing from oterh kids so..."

Wooyoung held his face dangerously close to Yong Hwa "So?"

Yong Hwa gulped, he was sensing a slight guilt building in his stomach, though he didn't know why, really.

"Well....so when we gradually grew up, maybe we started hating being around each other....."

"We?" Wooyoung raised his eyebrow

"Yea.......ok FINE! As we grew up maybe I wasn't the nicest of friends you can have, I ordered her around a little and kind of treated her harshly, but I was a teenage boy back then you can't really expect...."

"I knew it!" Wooyoung growled, cutting Yong Hwa off "I knew to expect that from you! Jung Yong Hwa, though I wasn't there to witness it, the way Jong Hyun hyung and Jungshin hyung described it-" Yong Hwa shot a glare at said two people who grinned "It seemed damn obvious that you probably broke her heart!"

Yong Hwa's eyes widened "What? Broke her heart? Ok I admit I was a jerk back then and maybe hurt her self esteem a little but not to the limit of breaking her heart!"

Wooyoung scoffed "A ladies heart is fragile! Especially during the teenage years! Being pushed around by you probably made more of an impact on her than you know!" he sighed "Why wasn't I there at that time? I would be able to comfort her and heal the wounds- that you mercilessly placed on her!- with sweet words and gentle kisses." Wooyoung twirled dramatically, a rose suddenly placed between his teeth "She should've known a prince on white hourse like me, not some idiotic teenage boy who can't treat a lady right!" He glared at Yong Hwa who flinched a little.

Yong Hwa grumbled a little, grabbing the prickless rose out of Wooyoungs mouth and shoving back into the vase that sat on the coffee table "Well whats done is done. Can't really do much else really."

"Well You should make it up to her." Jungshin said with a shrug "You know, be nice form now on."

 

 

-------------------

Sorry for taking so long to update! I kinda wanted to concentrate on one fanfic at a time so I've been updating my fanfic "Oppa Saranghae" (http://www.asianfanfics.com/story/view/33363/oppa-saranghae-jungshin-korean-seohyun-sooyoung-yonghwa-yongseo)diligently....but I had exams so I didnt really update much of that too, but I've just had the last of my exam today!!! Yay!!!