Chaperon

Chasing Ms. Impenetrable

Chapter Two

Rush of passengers carried Jongin's body with the flow of its thick flock inwards the subway station, bumping and pushing each other to get in line first. Once the crowd had dispersed into their aim destinations, he was left in the middle, ducking his neck at all directions, struggling to find the girl he had lost his sight of through the brood of people, thanks to the massive flow of train riders. He darted his hawk eyes to different corners when finally, he found the one he's looking for. From the back of his pants, he untucked a crippled cap and slipped in his head to have a good cover of his familiar face. Making a bee line to a huge pillar, keeping himself hidden, he peeked at her face and a small smile formed in his lips. A week of stalking can never be tiring if a face as pretty as to what he's seeing would be his view the whole time. He followed her once she hopped into the train, making sure he has an all-pass ticket so he could hop off any station to where she's heading. All the while he pricked in between groups of passengers just to avoid her eyes, for her not to notice his presence. He could not risk that knowing she might explode in his face of anger if she finds out. Though it was hard not to catch even the tiniest attention from highschool girls who were practically checking him out through out the ride. Some even asked for his number to which he disregarded and  denied. 

He was sitting  from the other side of the train in his black shirt and black cap, ocassionally taking glance of her smiling face. His heart almost melted at the sight of her, playing with a little boy before she handed him a candy and pat his head, unaware of the hawker she was together with inside the cold train. Beside her was a man of the older age, squishing her side of seat into more malicious approach to which he snarled at. His fist clenched together thus nails dug deep his palms.

ert.

He huffed mentally, as the man got closer and closer to the point where her attention was called. She eyed the man furiously, as his eyes focused on her chest, too bad she's wore a loose top today. He noticed how her jaw clenched and eyes flaunted with disgust. He readied himself just in case the man takes a further offense. His fists itching to lay flat on the deviating man's face. If only he could reveal himself, she wouldn't have to experience this almost all the time. He thought.

Move another inch and you're dead meat, .

The clock ticked a few. Slowly, his hand fell loose when she stood, balancing off from the train movement before she strolled far from her prevous seat, leaving the deviant behind. He let out a lump of oxygen he didn't realized he was holding for a while. His heart went back to it's normal beat rate. So now he knows: how it feels to love someone you can't interfere with. Wash of guilt bathe his conscience.

The ride traveled until the fourth station. He abruptly trailed after her path when she hopped off to an unfamilliar proper with her duffel bag on. She walked the pavements in her normal jeans and a rather fitted blue long-sleeved striped shirt as he trailed like a criminal behind her. She was too focused on where she was heading to even notice the stalker she was with the entire time.

They strolled for about five minutes until she stopped infront of a commercial building. He observed how her empty face suddenly sipped a genuined smile into it's surface before she pushed past the glass door. His eyes landed on the LED sign that was planted on top of the entrance and a curious face supplanted on his handsome one, analysing about the things she needed or connects her to a dog clinic. Through a week of stalking though, he didn't see any pet dog with her. What would be her business in the clinic? And there he goes again, wondering about life that isn't even his to bother about in the first place. He found himself at a state of disarray just like how he was on the first day of a very tiring but sufficing week. Her week was composed of nothing much extraordinary. As simple as shopping groceries, greeting neighbors, meeting up with friends who were all strangers to him (her world really changed a lot or must he say... there wasn't anything left of her old world. She is now living in a society and brood of people he has no knowledge of), paying bills, and hospital visits. It was pretty stereotypical compared to his own where 24/7 was dominated with loud people and vulgar hangouts, drowning himself with alcohol just so he could escape the claws of self blame and regret for short span of time. Sometimes, just the four corners of his house would be enough for his little drama and strong relationship with beer cans, crying his longing for that one girl who got away, or should he say, whom he pushed away.  And now karma found its way with a slap and maybe a bit too strong kick on his . Who would have thought that the wheel really would turn and bring him at the bottom?

He's been waiting for two hours since she went inside the premise, and still the girl hasn't shown a figure to him. His back was pressed on the brick wall of the construction, while a knee was a bit bent and at ease as he count the tick of his watch through out the wait. He surpassed his limit of patience, yet, he found himself still in position despite the whines, waiting. Like a child told by his mother to wait exactly at a place where he was left at. Guess he gave an extension for her which he thought was impossible for his temper before. But what was odd was how his situation seemed to be a perfect reenactment of a specific happening before...that night. The only moment he has ever been so bold and honest about his feelings. How he wish he could go back and just stop the time in that particular moment of his life--with her--and he promised if that was ever possible he would never let go and mess things up again, so she would never have to suffer, so they both could be happy with each other and all these hard set up shall never come. His thoughts were derived when he caught a glimpse of a familiar face under his cap. 

Sehun. That little jerk.

If it wasn't for acknowledging Redge's relation with the stoic guy, and his changing ways for the girl, he could have jumped at him right away and scar his face with bleeding cuts from his fist blows. He could never forget how the scumbag treated him like little the last time they met.

At the entrance he huddled with a shorter guy, who was flaunting his chinky eyes painted with eyeliner--a thing he never understand for men. The shorter one asked, "You're here again for Redge, aren't you?" and as he expected, he nodded. "Can't woo a rock forever, you know." The other added before he let him in.

Jongin was halfway pissed. No. On second thought, he might have been pissed from the roots of his hairs to his toes. How could that rude one come as he pleases? How come that easy? Why does he have to be the one to wait in the cold roofless area when just anybody could come in the clinic? He wasn't stupid but for the mean time he thought he was. 

Ok. Time for phase two.

He went around the construction and found an open door, near the garbage disposal. Despite the terrible smell of the vaccines and wastes that were stocked on the huge can, he pursued until he was inside. He could hear male voices from the front area. He was hidden at a shadowy spot at the back of the clinic where there were big boxes.

"Pretty boy brought Redge some food!" He heard someone said and he could not help but snort at the statement. "I lost count of the bubble teas and cupcakes you've brought here since Redge started to volunteer." The voice added and laughed, he also heard Redge's chuckle and rolled eyes. He knows he's acting too much like a child but he can't keep himself from doing so. 

Come on Redge. Say something. Tell them you don't want those cupcakes. They aren't sugar free. They're too dry. Anything. Just don't give him hope.

"Thanks, Sehun. I really appreciate the effort." He stomped on his stand and hissed at the lost of expectation. He could not settle on his position just to hear things. He need to see what's happening. Slowly and tiptoed, he crawled like a Siamese cat on a much closer spot, focusing his attention on the group of people conversing. There, he found these people who were all males except Redge. Some he did not know and some he recognized. One of them was Chanyeol, he could still remember their last encounter which gave him the opportunity he's practicing now, thanks to him. There was also Tao, the one who has dark circles around his eyes, tall and has a good built whom Redge met with the other day to shop. By the front desk was the eyeliner guy next to whom he perceived as the doctor whose name was written outside, Dr. Zhang. Seated next to Redge was Sehun the Great bastard, who even rested his head on the girl's shoulder. He felt his jawr rigidified in annoyance. The rest were unknown to him as it was the first time he saw them. To his surprise, while he was inching closer and hating on the blonde guy, he bumped something with his hips on the way and immediately grasp the thing to prevent from falling, followed by the loud barks. He widen his view and realized where he is. Oh god. . This isn't a dog clinic for nothing. 

On different cages were dogs of various breeds, barking at him who's a total stranger to them. Thank god there wasn't one that's out of leash or cage because if not he would be a shredded meat and peeled down to the bones right now. Panicking, he hushed the animals with a finger on his lips as if they could catch up. It was a mess. He heard foot steps approaching the area and  saw it was her with a worried face on.  The culprit quickly hid behind the huge pile of boxes where  he was perfectly secluded. Thanks to his natural good relation with dog, the rest stopped, as if magically cooperating with him. He is a father of  two cute dogs and so he thought maybe that was the reason to why these good creatures spared him from getting caught. He released a sigh of relief when the girl gave the search up and went back to where the guys were.

"It's nothing, Lay. Probably just playing with each other." Her clear voice resonated.

He could not do this anymore. He need to do something. Watching and following isn't enough. He needs to talk to her.


"Monggu-ah. Be good today and help appa, arasseo?" Jongin combed Monggu's curly brown fur with his fingers and kissed the top of his head. "Tell Doctor Zhang you're not feeling well. Maybe a headache? Or stomachache? Anything. You could even use arthritis if you want."  He lectured the puppy as if it could understand his words. He sighed to himself, finally realizing how darn stupid he looks. It was pretty pathetic to even use Monggu, but that's the only card he has. If this does not work, then he might bring Jjanggu next. He put Monngu down the car and they drove to the clinic while he practiced his lines he would use to have a good talk with Redge.

Upon arriving, there was a dense atmosphere that suddenly engulfed the room. He stood stiff front the receptionist and gulped while he carried Monggu in his arms. "I, I want to have Monggu checked. He's...ugh...he's kinda sulking and sick these days." The eyeliner guy whom the other one called Baekhyun earlier nodded as he wrote down the details on a medical form. He face-palmed internally when Monggu barked so energetically and even his cheek. Not now Monggu. Didn't appa teach you how to be a convincing actor earlier?? He talked to Monggu through telepathy as if he can, scolding the little creature out. He tensed even more when Baekhyun shot him a suspicious look. But he does not know anything, nothing to worry about. He told himself and smiled to the guy as he was next lead to the waiting area.

At the premise were owners and their dogs, seated at the beige couch designated for the patients. There was an old lady with a bulldog who's got a collar pad on, fidgeting to set free from the hindrance of the equipment so it could reach and its stitched bottom. On the parallel corner was a kid with her zu whi looked feeble and sad as it lie stoicly on the floor with a leash on its neck. Meanwhile, Dr. Zhang just peered out from his office to call on the next patient. Jongin chose to sit beside the old lady.

"Oh boy, he doesn't look sick at all. Are you here for t?" She patted Monggu's head with her wrinkled but soft-looking hands.

I'm here for my girl.

"Ugh.. no. I... I mean, yes. Maybe?" He answered stuttering as he does not know the right things to say. He must have thought of some logical allibis to be there but he was too desperate to even care whether he'll look ridiculous or not. The old one chuckled at the looks of the tanned boy.

"Aigoo. What a cute boy." Jongin thought she was pertaining to the little one on his lap. "You remind me of my grandson... so thoughtful." But then realized it was not. He would be happier if he was called hot rather than cute though.

He smiled sheepishly while scratching the back of his head. "Thanks. You remind me of someone too, halmoni." He was looking straight to the thickness of the old one's eyeglasses which reminded him of a girl from the past. Who was the same reason to why he really was there.

And...here she comes.

His heart pounded a certain force as he saw the figure walking out of Dr. Zhang's office. Her short hair bouncing with the steps while her sleeves were pulled until her elbows, smiling so dearly at the customers she's passing by when suddenly the angelic smile vanished and he wondered why. Her stroll stopped and she was pinned on her spot.

Oh. She saw me.

The annoyance was evident on her face as he saw the skin to her forehead crinkled. Her lips pursed into thin line. Her fists balled on her sides and her jaws tightened. But the emotions were almost secluded as she tried to compose herself back when she saw the little one on the unwanted visitor's lap. She wasn't the type of girl to cause a scene and ruckus with all the people around but the unfamiliarity of her aura sent his knees into a trembling fiasco, unsure of what to welcome him, unsure of anything that's running in her head. She's giving him the stare that says 'I can crash you to pieces at this very moment' and Jongin gulped a lump as he rose with a persistent yet nervous smile.

"Redge... What are you doing here?" He tried too hard to look surprise and oblivious seeing her there. As if it was a big coincidence.

"I should be the one asking. Or perhaps, not." Her face was stoic that he even thought she's copying Sehun's. What a bad influence. He smiled awkwardly masking his offended side.

"...because I am not interested." She added plainly making the old lady by their side gasp at her answer. She had to bite the inside of her cheek for she knew how rude she appears and it was the last she would want especially in front of elder people. But it's Jongin's fault nevertheless for she asumed he's provoking her.

However, it could do nothing to Jongin's persistence but a little scratch on the surface. It's not enough to bring his hopes down. He set aside her attitude and smiled ever so sincerely. She wanted to vomit on his face for that and scoffed inside, tolerating her negative perceptions about the other one's hypocrisy.

"You're working here? Small world, right?" His voice was warm. This time his soft gaze ere on her eyes as if silently telling her how beautioful she is despite the tension between them.

"Unfortunately too small." She raised her wrist to see the time and he perceived that she was running impatient of the conversation, or rather the one she's conversing with.

He nodded knowingly. Humbly taking her insulting words in. "I'm having Monggu checked today, he's ha--"

"You can talk with Dr. Zhang about that. Excuse me." She walked out of the room without even considering the other's reply. She did not want to appear rude but sadly that was how it went. Why of all people places Jongin has to be there? Can't she live a peaceful life just away from all the unwanted things and persons? She thought she had escaped the dark phase of her life but what's happening gives her paranoia. She thought she was fine but why were all those emotions came crashing right down her clean path once again? How could he ruin everything? She hated it. She hated how he's slowly digging another route back to her skin. She could not let that happen. Not that evil person. 

Redge could not risk her feelings and so she had to leave so abruptly. To escape from his claws. She felt like it would only take her a few seconds more and bingo! She'll be getting herself again in trouble for she might have appeared cold outside but her mind was just practically in disarray, irrational thoughts bouncing from corner to corner when they spoke to each other back there. She wants not even a single trace of emotion lying there in the open for him to think he's stilll affecting her. That he's still a part of her life, even just the tiniest. Simply because he is the most cruel person she's ever had in her life and he has his own life now... his own famiily, with Krystal. She was scolding herself on the way out and as she did one quick glance back at the man, she did not know why she felt a sudden twitch in her chest when she saw how much hurt in his face there was.

She was breathing abnormally and the sense of pain was familiar. It was the usual symptoms she's experienced before when unwanted fragments of memory would invade her head. She cursed Jongin inside her head, blaming him on why so sudden the panic attack came back. Why is fate doing this? Everything should be over by now. It has been years, for god sake! She told herself. Meeting him again once is fine, but mercilessly for the second time? If the gods are playing tricks on her...she prayed they would just stop.

Her eyes were unblinking and her chest contracting as she clenched her palm above it, trying to calm her muscles down. Dizziness then kicked in bringing her leaning on the wall of the building, balancing herself to keep her frail body from falling when she felt cold fingers circled her forearm. Her ticker violently hit her ribcage in wonder of who might that hand belonged to. Please, not Jongin. Please not him. She prayed with eyes squeezed together.

"What's wrong?" It was a voice that connoted relief in the middle of torturing bargains.

"Sehun!" She finally eased down and turned to cling on the owner of the voice's body, circling his thin torso in her trembling arms, her face burried in the mold of his firm chest. Finally feeling secured, a small tear trickled down her cheeks and into the fabric of his shirt. The boy was caught surprised. It was the first time Redge ever innitiated affection, and what stunned him even more were the tears slipping off her eyes and she looked scared. It was so strange to see her in that state. She was the strongest and toughest girl he knew--maybe even tougher than himself--and yet she was there, holding onto him like a lost child, crying. It was odd thinking how he has been pursuing her for more than a year now yet she hasn't showed a soft spot yet to him then so sudden she looked impossibly fragile for her character. He knew something serious was up. "What happened, Redge?"

It remained quiet for a minute or two that only her soft sobs were heard before she gathered the motivation to speak while he the strands of her hair.

"He's inside." Her voice was shaking and he knew instantly who was she pertaining to.

Kim Jongin the Great Bastard. 


A u t h o r 's   N o t e :

Yo~ Yo~ Yo~ man. Lol! It took so long, right? :( I am so sorry. I was so occupied because I just started another jonginxoc fic. But I will not abandon this one, I assure you guys! ♥ Though we have to uphold patience for the coming slow updates. I have like 7 stories on draft that I jump into alternately on writing when I get too consumed on one then I would just continue writing whatever's fit for my mood at a certain time, so that's why.

Anyway. Don't forget to leave me comments because I find strength through those! Kkkkkk Talk to me, alright? :)  Tell me how this update went in your perception and everyone's ideas are welcomed so don't feel hesitant to express. However, you could spare me half of the hurt if you express in a much nicer way :) Thank you guys! 

[EDIT] Regarding Krystal and the baby... I'll include their parts soon so just chill and don't freak out there! LOL :)) The truth shall be revealed soon, although I know a lot of you got hints already. Meh :P 

If you are interested, here's the link to my other Kim Jongin fan fiction--> Click here.

Lastly, I want to thank lovely_writerr for this wonderful poster she made and solely for being so thoughtful and sweet ♥♥ Thank you so much lovely_writerr!