Chapter 23

I don't know
Please log in to read the full chapter

Jessica was done with the meeting and now just strolling around the building waiting for you.

“Sica-unnie”

Jessica turned around to see Jiyoung with her father. Jessica smiled.

“Annyeonghaseyo” Jessica greeted your dad. She and the other members had met your dad a few times with you and he was really nice.

He smiled warmly and greeted back. Jiyoung gave Jessica a hug.

“Sica-unnie, I missed you, your concert was awesome”

“Glad you enjoyed it” Jessica said and patted Jiyoung’s head.

“So how’s training going?”

“It’s tiring, most of the other trainees are older than me. They’re also better than me” Jiyoung pouted.

“Jiyoung-ah, don’t say that. You are as good as them. You shouldn’t think badly about yourself. SM doesn’t accept a lot of trainee at your age, you know. You’re really special and talented and _______ wouldn’t be happy if you think badly about yourself. If you’re tired then come to us, _______ and soshi unnies will be there for you ok?”

Jiyoung thought about it and smile, she nodded cutely. Jessica ruffled her hair.

“_______ unnie must have had a hard time too when she was a trainee and I wasn’t there for her” Jiyoung blurted out and pouted.

You dad face dropped, feeling guilty, seeing Jiyoung came home restless every night after training made him think about you, when you were a trainee. At least he, his wife, you and soshi are there for Jiyoung but no one was there for you when you were having a hard time and that was all his faults.

“Jessica-shi, I was wondering if I could throw _______ a birthday party next week?” your dad asked cautionly.

“Of course, Mr._______. You didn’t have to ask my permission” Jessica smiled at him.

“Ahh you don’t have to call me Mr., just call me uncle”

“Then, you can just call me Jessica, uncle” He smiled and nodded.

“Do you need any help with the party?” Jessica asked.

“Oh no, that’s ok, could you just invite your members for me?”

“Of course, no need to worry about that uncle, if you need anything just call us”

“um, Jessica-shi..”

Jessica looked at your dad and raised her eyebrow.

“I mean Jessica”

Jessica smiled and he continued.

“I wanted to thank you for taking care of her and giving her love while I failed to do so as her father”

“Uncle, don’t say that. The past is the past, just forget about it. She already forgave you so you should move on from your mistakes and make new happy memories with her”

He smiled, “Thank you”

Jessica smile back at him.

“I know!” Jiyoung jumped excitedly. “We should make the party a secret.”

Jessica and your dad agreed and start making plans with Jiyoung being the mastermind.

“hehe, Jiyoungie, you’re just as mischievous as your sister” Jessica said.

“Well, I learn from the best, _______unnie taught me well.” Jiyoug said proudly. “She wouldn’t even know about the party. It would be our secret”

“What secret?” you walked in and sat on Jessica’s lap since there was no place for you to sit. Jessica blushed madly, if it was under a normal circumstances she would be happy but you just did it in front of your dad.

Your dad just chuckled at Jessica’s reaction.

You saw Jessica’s cheek was red and decided to tease. “Sica-unnie, am I embarrassing you? I can go find someone else” You said and got up but Jessica hands found their way around your waist and holding it tightly.

“Don’t you dare” Jessica mumbled her threat and buried her red face into your back, hiding it from your dad.

You chuckled. “So what secret?”

Please log in to read the full chapter