2

The One?

Byul sat in her last class of the day, it had been two months since she met Daehyun. They had exchanged numbers, went home together everyday. Looking out the window with a small smile on her face. Unaware of the voice calling her name...

"Byul, Byul... Yah Oh Byul!" She turned to see her friend Sojun with her bag and books in hand. "Class is over." 

She looked over at the clock surprised. "It felt like it just started a minute ago..." She grabbed her things quickly as Sojun laughed and left.

Byul hurried out of class and went up to get her things, ignoring everyone by placing headphones into her ears to make them think she was listening to music. She dashed to the bathroom to check her hair and she walked out to be greeted by the people she wanted to avoid the most; Baekhyun, Chanyeol, Chen, and, of course, Jongin.

"Our Byul seems different..." She pulled out her head phones as Baekhyun started talking. "I heard she's daydreaming in class."

"Yeah, I saw her! She keeps looking out the window with a smile on her face." added Chanyeol with a cheesy smile on his face and her phone buzzed.

"You can practically see hearts in her eyes even now.... " Chen added as she saw who it was from.

Jongin looked at her with narrow eyes as she looked at the message. They were right, her face lite up and eyes twinkled. He could swear he saw her blush and it bothered him. Why is she blushing? Who is making her blush? 

She ignored them and waved her hand, shooing their comments.

Out front with your two favorite things, green tea frap and me (;

Byul smiled as she read Daehyun's text and hurried out to meet him. Leaving the guys surprised, more specifically, Jongin preplexed. 


Daehyun handed her drink and wrapped an arm around her, as they walked around. The weather was perfect, a slight cool breeze from the lake near her school, but they were botb warm. They walked down the paths in the front of the buliding, lingering under trees, and settling under the biggest near the front door of the school, unaware of the people watching from inside.

They stood at the window, gawking. All their gazes ultimately ended on Jongin, who watched with jealously burning in his eyes. Despite him being the one to end things, he still cared for her, more then he'd like to admit, and watching another guy with his arm around her like that... Obviously he wasn't just a friend, he could read the body language all too well... Whoever that was, really really liked her.  

"So then, Yongguk started cursing and waving his arms around like he was insane!" They both laughed loudly, and she rested her head on his shoulder.

"Thanks for meeting me up at my school Daehyun-ah." She beamed up at him with a grin that got Daehyun's heart racing.

"Should I do it more often then?" He wiggled his eyesbrows and she chuckled feeling her stomach do flips. 

"I'd like that." She admitted feeling her cheeks burn.

He grinned and pressed his lips to her forehead, pulling back with a shade of pink on his own. He stood up and held his hand out for her. "Let's go!" 

He tugged her up and they started off hand in hand.

Inside, Chen coughed gettng Baekhyun and Chanyeol's attention. They both looked at him, who had his eyes on Jongin. He still watched as they went away from his eye sight. The other three stood there in silence as he recollected his thoughts.


Saturday came around and Byul was on her way to see B.A.P's first performance, which Daehyun had invited her to.

The guys came out and ready to perform, introducing themselves, and performing seperately at first. Daehyun locked his eyes on Byul from the moment he stepped out. Even backstage, he watched as she listened to his friend's raps, and watched the dances. When his turn came to go, she pulled out her phone and held it showing his name in a bright pink. A fansign from his first fan as he considered her.

"You ready?" He asked her, placing a headphone into her ear, his finger over the play button. Daehyun was going to let her listen to a recording he made of himself singing a song he likes, 4Men's 'Baby Baby'. It was the first time she'd heard him sing. "Of course!" She grinned, from the sound of his voice alone, she knew he was an amazing singer. He pressed play and watched her expressions, she closed her eyes when the keys of the piano started, followed by his voice. Her eyes opened instantly, her heart was going at an unreal speed. She looked at Daehyun, who eyes seemed to engluf her in something she couldn't comprend. Anticpation, mixed with fear, mixed with excitement, and something she only knew once before. She felt herself melt under his melodious voice. A high note sprang along, his eyes twinkled, and she smiled widely. The songs final notes played, and Daehyun stopped the player. "W-what'd you think?" he asked earnestly, she was looking at the view from the cafe they were in, the wind blew petals over the shadows of birds, the clouds spelled something out to her. "Byul..." He called out, and she turned to face him. "You have a beautiful voice Daehyun-ah..." She blinked and felt a tear brim from her eye, Daehyun saw and quickly wiped it away. "I'm sorry..." She said softly, fanning her eyes to prevent any more tears from spilling. "I think I've gotten my first fan, eh?" He joked and she shoved him, he wrapped his arms around her.

There was a piano accompanied song, and Byul recognized Baekhyun playing. To her surprise, not only was Baekhyun here, but Chanyeol too, who dragged along Suho and Kai. And it her presence didn't go unnoticed by them, nor the interactions between the two. Jongin was fuming, not listening to Suho's attempt to reason with him.

"Jongin, listen to hyung's words... The more I look at it, you don't have the right to be mad! She waited for you to comeback, no one could even mention your name without her becoming sad, she asked you out when you came back, and even after you broke up with her, she stayed by your side, helping you when you needed it, coming to you when you called..." 

"Enough hyung please, I know, I know, I know. You don't think that's what makes me the most upset? I hurt her over and over again, and she stayed. She's suppose to stay, always. She can only love me."

When the show ended, Jongin got up and grabbed her by her arm. "I'll take you home." 

She looked at him shocked. "What? What are you- Let go of me Jongin."

"Just come with me." He growled lowly.

Byul shrugged his hand off. "No thanks, I have plans. Bye Jongin." She started to walk off, but he caught up to her and pulled her to the side away from anyone who might hear.

"Byul, I need to tell you something important." 

"You can tell me next time, I have to go, he's waiting for me." 

"Who? Who is more important than the guy you're in love with? Byul, I still love you..."

"Jongin please, this is not the time to bring this up. You broke up with me, and even then I tried to fix things, but you didn't." She pushed him aside. "You wouldn't try for me, so don't try to tell me you still love me. Love?" She scoffed. "This isn't love."

Byul walked away, the sound of her steps echoed in Jongin's ears. She was right, she had been more than willing to fix things, but he never budged. It was all his fault, and it could be too late. 

Daehyun was waiting in the lobby, instantly becoming two times brighter when he saw her. Immediately, Byul wrapped her arms around his neck and buried her face into his neck, becoming relaxed. He was pleasently surprised and hugged back.

"I'm guessing you enjoyed the show." He chuckled into her hair. 

She pulled away and held his hand. "Of course! What kind of fan would I be if I didn't enjoy oppa's first performance?"

Daehyun felt his heart race, and he dragged her outside, leading her somewhere unknown to her.

They ended up on the bridge looking over at the water. Byul leaned against the railing, and Daehyun stood behind her, his arms wrapped around her, and head leaned on hers.

Byul sighed contently, her thoughts focused on the beat of his heart that was pressed against her. Everything felt right. Like she was supposed to be here, with Daehyun. All thoughts of Jongin pushed away. He was gone from her head and heart alike.

Daehyun leaned down to her ear, and spoke softly. "Can I confess something?" She nodded her head and turned, still in his arms but facing him. "There's something about you... I'm not sure if it's your smile, your laugh, or how right it feels to have you in my arms like this... It's way beyond a crush now. I feel complete around you. Like the day we first met, I usually didn't get on so early, I'd normally get the one that passed an hour later, but that day, I felt like I'd regret not going early. And looking back, I really would have. I feel like I'm dragging this on for too long, but I've thought about telling you this for a while now, and since you're so damn amazing, I'd feel like I could lose you if I hesitated. I guess I should just tell you now... Byul, I love you."