CRASH

100 Moments: The One-Shots
 

 


Original Drabble: CRASH

Related Drabbles: GRACELAST DANCE


It’s not that Donghae doesn’t like dancing; he does. He’s even pretty good at it.

It doesn’t bother him in the slightest; the men at the club are what trouble him.

They always seem to think Donghae is some easy target. He hates the way they'll slide up behind him and suddenly attempt to manhandle him as if he’s a ragdoll.

The way they try to dance with him could be considered assault at times. He’s had more than one run in where he’s nearly had to fight with the guy trying to dance with him, but he’s managed to calm down before anything escalated.

It pisses him off, every time, and that’s saying something since he’s pretty much a free spirit.

He can’t understand why men can’t see that he’s just trying to relax after a long week at work. Even though most of the times he’s forced to go to the club, he usually enjoys the time to de-stress.

When he gets there, all he wants to do is enjoy the music and dance with his friends; it’s all he really wants to do when he goes. The last thing he wants to do is pick someone up or go home with someone.

Donghae is not that kind of person.

He’s never one to walk up to someone at a club and ask him to go home with him nor is he someone who would willingly go home with a stranger in the first place.

His friend Heechul calls him a prude, but Donghae feels he’s just being careful, though he himself has admitted at how slightly paranoid it may make him appear.

So, when Heechul suggests they go dancing, Donghae is the first to complain.

“Seriously, Heechul. Always with the clubbing. Can’t we do anything else?” Donghae grumbles as he looks up from his meal. He’s having a late Friday dinner with his closest friends.

“Yah, you old man! Live a little. Will you?” Heechul contends. “Who knows, you may find the love of your life tonight.” His cocky smile toward Donghae infuriates the younger man further.

“Umm, no thanks. I’m never going to meet any decent kind of guy at a club.”

“I met Hangeng there,” Heechul reasons while pointing to the handsome man seated beside him. The two smile at each other before sharing a chaste, but sweet kiss.

“You got lucky!” Donghae quickly argues.

His friend seated beside him, Leeteuk, chuckles loudly as he listens to the conversation.

“You know Donghae doesn’t believe in love.”

“Not true,” Heechul protests. “You clearly don’t know him like I do, Teuk.”

“Excuse me. What the hell are you jabbering on about? I’ve known him longer than you have.”

“Doesn’t mean you know him,” Hangeng interjects from his corner.

“Yeah!” Heechul adds while smiling smugly toward Leeteuk. “Hae is the biggest sap in the world. As soon as he falls for someone, he goes all in—head over heels. He’s the biggest fan of love I’ve ever met.”

Donghae frowns as his friends continue to debate about him.

“That doesn’t mean he believes in love.”

“Please. Donghae thinks love conquers all. Have you seen how many romantic comedies he actually owns? It’s kind of ridiculous.”

“That doesn’t prove anything,” Leeteuk counters. “Maybe he just likes the actors or enjoys the comedy storyline.”

“Oh yeah, because romantic comedies have complex plots. Get over it, Teuk. I know him better.”

“I think you’re wrong.”

“He loves love,” Heechul replies. “Donghae wants to be swept off his feet. He wants all those cheesy moments you see in romantic comedies where the boyfriend rents out a whole restaurant or wakes him up with breakfast in bed and roses all along the floor.”

Donghae listens until he can’t stand his friends arguing about him anymore.

“Donghae thinks you should stop talking about him like he’s not even here!” he shouts.

Hangeng laughs as Heechul and Leeteuk remorsefully apologize to Donghae. The younger man nods his head in acceptance.

“Well, regardless of what Donghae thinks or wants, I say, let’s go dancing.”

Donghae groans in frustration as he pushes his empty plate away from himself.

“Come on, Heechul. Let’s do something else. Let’s go see a movie. There might be something good out or go anywhere but a club.”

“No! I want to dance and you clearly need to get laid.”

Everyone at the table laughs when Donghae rises from his seat and punches Heechul in the arm. The commotion catches the attention of the other people in the restaurant, as well. Donghae quickly apologizes before taking his seat.

“My love life or lack thereof, at the moment, should be none of your damn concern, Heechul,” he harshly whispers while glaring at his friend.

Heechul rubs his arm as he stares angrily at Donghae; the small man could pack a punch. Hangeng, who can’t stop chuckling, reaches over to help rub the pain away

“I’m just trying to get you out of this weird funk you seem to be in lately.”

“That’s true, Hae,” Leeteuk adds. “You have been kind of down lately. You don’t look happy.”

Hangeng looks away from Heechul’s arm and nods in Donghae’s direction.

Donghae smiles sadly. “I’m fine, guys. Work has been somewhat stressful as of late. It’s nothing to be worried about.”

Donghae is touched that his friends seem genuinely concerned with his happiness, though it makes it difficult to be angry with them at times, even when he’s justly upset at them.

“Why haven’t you quit already?” Hangeng suggests. “You clearly hate it there. Don’t put yourself in an early grave.”

Donghae laughs incredulously. “Easier said than done, Geng. I’ve got bills to pay and rent that’s due every month.”

“All the more reason to let loose and shake that .”

Donghae rolls his eyes. “Do something about your boyfriend.”

Hangeng just shrugs his shoulders in a way of saying that there’s nothing that can be done about the man beside him.


“I can’t believe you actually made me come,” Donghae whines as Heechul drags him toward the entrance of the dance club.

The wind whips violently against their bodies; it’s an exceptionally cold October night.

It doesn’t help that under his thin coat, all Donghae has on is a black V-neck t-shirt. His tight jeans also seem to attract the wind more so than his work slacks did earlier.

The others don’t seem to be as affected by the cold, though they’re all dressed similarly to him, Donghae attributes that to the fact that they are actually excited to go to dancing.

Heechul smiles victoriously at him as he follows his boyfriend and Leeteuk to an empty booth they’ve spotted when they entered the club.

“Stop complaining. Let’s get you liquored up and out on the dance floor.”

Donghae scowls as his friends all seem to agree. He shakes his head as he pulls his coat off. The club is busy, but there aren’t as many people as he expected for a Friday night. He figures that the cold must have deterred some club goers from coming out.

“Liquor yes, but I don’t feel like dancing.”

Heechul his teeth in disapproval. Leeteuk just nods his head as he and Hangeng volunteer to get drinks for the table. There’s no need to ask what any of them wants. Each of them knows what the others like to drink.

Heechul immediately begins swaying to the music in his seat as he and Donghae wait for the other men to return. Donghae, on the other hand, stares pessimistically at the crowd of gyrating bodies.

“I know you want to be out there as well.”

“No, I want to be at home—sleeping.”

Heechul looks down at his cell phone on the table and then back to his friend.

“It’s not even close to midnight yet. Who goes to sleep early on a Friday night?” he asks incredulously.

“It’s been a long week,” Donghae sighs as he turns to look at Heechul. That’s when he takes notice of the man’s outfit.

“What the hell is that shirt?”

Heechul smiles as he looks down and touches the brightly colored neon pink tank top.

“Did you just notice it now?”

“I don’t think I was paying attention when you took your sweater off. But seriously. Why is it practically glowing in the dark?”

“Because it’s awesome,” Heechul declares. He gets up to the show off the blinding piece of fabric.

Donghae turns to looks away. “Sit down. I can’t even look at you right now.”

Heechul chuckles as he throws an arm around Donghae’s shoulders and shakes him.

“Loosen up a little, Hae.”

Donghae shoves Heechul away and is about to argue back when their friends appear with their drinks.

“Cosmo for Heechul.” Hangeng passes the drink to his awaiting boyfriend. He grabs his beer and passes the other one to Donghae. Leeteuk has opted to have a soda for now.

“What’s with you two?” Leeteuk asks noticing the distance between his friends.

“Heechul’s being an and he’s wearing the loudest shirt in existence.”

Hangeng and Leeteuk both break out in laugher as Heechul turns to glare at Donghae.

“It is really bright,” Leeteuk adds as he compares the dark shirts the rest of them are wearing.

“It’s not my fault you guys are boring.”

Hangeng smiles. There’s no point for him to try to explain to Heechul just how bright the shirt really is, even in the dim lighting of the club. It’s not as if his boyfriend would listen anyway. Heechul marches to this own drum—no one will be able to change that.

“To a good night,” he opts to say instead. He raises his beer and waits for his friends to join with their drinks.

“Yes,” Heechul says and adds, “To a good night and to Donghae finally getting some.”

Donghae clinks his beer against everyone's drinks before quickly smacking Heechul’s arm.

“Stop concerning yourself with my love life.”

“I will when you start smiling a little,” Heechul states honestly. “I didn’t even see you smile at your birthday dinner last week.”

Donghae rolls his eyes but soon notices that his friends are looking at him with concern in their gazes.

“We’re just worried, Hae. That’s all. We love you and just want to see you be happy.”

Donghae turns to look at Leeteuk and gives him a smile that doesn’t quite reach his eyes.

“I know and I appreciate it, really, but I’m fine.”

“You haven’t been okay since you broke up with that self-righteous prick, Siwon.”

“Heechul!” Hangeng scolds his boyfriend. He pulls him up from the table to take to the dance floor. The last thing he needs is for Donghae to kick the crap out of his boyfriend.

Heechul seems none the wiser as he follows Hangeng out to the dance floor.

Leeteuk moves over to the other side of the table to face Donghae.

“You okay?” he asks. Donghae nods his head, but he’s wearing a stoic, spaced out expression on his face.

“You sure. It’s only been a few months since you broke up.”

“I’m fine. I was over Siwon even before he dumped me.”

“You know Heechul only means well, right?”

“Of course,” Donghae attests. “His tactics are less than stellar, but I know that.”

He grabs his beer and takes a long swig of the frothy beverage.

“Let’s go dance.”

Leeteuk gets up and joins Donghae out on to the dance floor. They spot their friends toward the other side.

“Why come dancing when he clearly wants to do other things?” Leeteuk jests. Donghae laughs as he begins to move to the beat of the music. He waves his hand in a way of saying that there’s no point in trying to understand Heechul.

Donghae and Leeteuk dance along to the music for a while before the couple eventually joins them.

After a dance together and a comment from Heechul about Donghae having fun, they make their way back to the table.

“Drinks?” Donghae asks, volunteering to pay for this round.

“Just water for me.”

Donghae gestures to Leeteuk to acknowledge his order. Heechul tells him to get him a water as well.

“Beer?” he asks Hangeng. The man gives him a thumbs-up while trying to stretch his neck.

Donghae walks slowly toward the bar. He steals napkins from one of the other tables and wipes at the beads of sweat starting to slide down his sideburns.

He had been dancing for close to an hour before Leeteuk suggested they get some drinks.

He manages to place his order at the bar without too much fuss or waiting.

He turns his attention back to the dance floor while he waits for the order. The club has become busier and he can’t really make out any faces on the dance floor until one of the lights moves over one person in particular.

Donghae immediately moves away from the bar when the light passes back over the man in the center of the dance floor.

He is beautiful.

Donghae focuses solely on him and the way he moves. The beautiful stranger is a tremendous dancer. He moves his hips with a lightness and sensuality that captivates Donghae so much so, that he doesn’t notice when the bartender tells him his drinks are ready.

In that moment, no one exists, but the beautiful dancer.

Donghae turns to pay the bartender while continuously turning around to look out at the center of the dance floor. He spends the entire trip back to the table staring at the mystery man.

Heechul immediately notices the faraway look in his eyes.

“Holy !” he squeals. “Donghae is staring at someone. Oh my god, who is it?” He jumps from his seat to try to look at wherever Donghae is staring.

“Really?” Leeteuk asks as he joins Heechul in the search.

“Who is it?” Heechul asks impatiently. “Who is it? Who is it?”

Donghae answers without looking away.

“The one in the middle. White shirt on. Gorgeous jawline.”

“That one?” Hangeng asks disbelievingly from where he too has stood up. “Well, he can dance, I’ll give you that.”

“I’m going to go ask for his name.”

“Really?” All three men ask while looking at their friend. He looks like he’s been hypnotized by the swaying of the stranger’s hips.

“Yes!” Donghae declares. He takes a quick swig of his beer and walks toward the beautiful man, leaving his friends in between a state of shock and absolute joy.

Donghae walks confidently toward the center of the dance floor. He’s a little surprised at himself. He can’t believe that he’s about to do something he hates done to himself, but he doesn’t want to let the beautiful stranger get away. He has to know who he is.

When he reaches the man, he dances behind him for a moment before working up the nerve to wrap an arm around the man’s hip. He turns him around to face him and pulls the man against him.

“What is your name, gorgeous?” Donghae shouts.

The other man looks surprised by what’s going on, but he smiles once he looks at Donghae. He moves his hips against Donghae as he leans forward to speak in his ear.

“Eunhyuk. What’s yours?”

His warm breath against Donghae’s ear causes him to shiver against Eunhyuk.

“Donghae.”

“You have beautiful eyes, Donghae.”

He smiles.

Eunhyuk is so much more attractive up close than Donghae can handle. The more he looks at him, the more he wants to keep looking.

“I hope I’m not being forward in asking this, but would you like a drink?”

“Absolutely,” Eunhyuk responds with a gummy smile. Donghae nearly squeals at how cute it makes him look.

Donghae leads them over to the bar, where it’s slightly less noisy. He turns quickly to check on his friends. All three of them are looking at the two men.

Leeteuk smiles at him as Hangeng gives him a thumbs-up. Heechul, on the other hand, smirks smugly while mouthing the words: “Told you so.”

Donghae chuckles to himself before turning back to Eunhyuk. He hates that Heechul was right about coming out tonight.

“What would you like to drink?” he asks. This time he isn’t as courageous as he was on the dance floor. It’s because away from the dance floor he doesn’t have the music to cover up anything he says that may sound stupid.

“A water is fine. I’m quite thirsty from all the dancing.”

“You’re a really great dancer,” Donghae compliments him. Eunhyuk thanks him kindly.

Donghae nods before calling the bartender over to place the order.

“Eunhyuk, you said?”

“Yeah,” he smiles. “It’s not often a guy like you asks to buy me a drink.”

“I find that hard to believe,” Donghae replies as he passes the water bottle toward Eunhyuk. He takes it gratefully.

Donghae watches as Eunhyuk throws his head back to drink the cold refreshment. He closely follows the movement of Eunhyuk’s Adam’s apple. All he can think about is what does he need to give up to be able to kiss up the man’s neck and along his sharp jawline.

“Why do you say that?” Eunhyuk asks, breaking Donghae out of his daydream.

“Because you’re unbelievably y.”

Eunhyuk laughs. “y? Wow, it’s definitely been a long time since anyone’s called me y.”

“Really?”

Eunhyuk bites his bottom lip as he closes his eyes and then opens them again. This time he’s staring directly into Donghae’s eyes.

“So, what’s y about me?” Eunhyuk teases with a sly smile. It makes Donghae chuckle.

“Are you asking me to your ego?”

“Amongst other things.”

Eunhyuk’s honesty takes Donghae aback. His eyes widen and that seems to catch Eunhyuk’s attention.

“I’m sorry,” he apologizes. “I never say things like this, but you’re really cute and you keep complimenting me. It’s messing with my head.”

Donghae chuckles. “I like your honesty.”

Eunhyuk ducks his head shyly and Donghae follows the motion and smiles up at the other man.

“Do you still want me to answer the question?” Donghae asks. Eunhyuk seems confused for a moment.

“What question?”

“What’s y about you.”

“Oh, I was kidding about that.”

“Too bad. I have a whole list.” This time, Donghae is the one to tease.

“You can tell me on our first date.”

“Date?” Donghae asks, genuinely thrilled by the possibility. He’s a little surprised how quickly the proposition has come up.

“Am I being presumptuous? I know we’ve only been talking for all of ten minutes, but I would really like to get to know you better. A club isn’t exactly the best place to talk about ourselves.”

“I would love to go on a date with you.”

Eunhyuk smiles at Donghae’s acceptance.

“Actually,” Donghae begins, “Would you like to get something to eat, right now? Nothing special. A snack somewhere?”

“I can’t. I actually have to be up kind of early tomorrow. I only came out tonight because a friend asked me to.”

“That’s okay,” Donghae replies, hoping his disappointment isn’t evident.

“Um, I know I don’t have time to eat, but would you like to walk me to the train station?”

Donghae immediately perks up. “I’d love to. Just let me grab my coat and say goodbye to my friends.”

“The group with the guy in the glow-in-the-dark shirt?”

“Yeah.” Donghae laughs in embarrassment. “Wait, how did you know that?”

“I noticed you the minute I walked in. When you came my way, I was actually trying to figure out how to get your attention.”

“Well, you did a great job of that.”

The two chuckle.

“I’ll meet you outside in 5?” Eunhyuk suggests and Donghae quickly agrees. He makes to walk to his friends, but Eunhyuk grabs his wrist and pulls him back.

“Just in case.” Eunhyuk reaches into his back pocket and pulls out his wallet. He quickly retrieves a business card and passes it over to Donghae. “My cell’s on there.”

Donghae smiles as he holds on tightly to the card. “I’ll see you in 5.”

The two men split up, each going to a different end of the club.

Donghae can’t stop smiling the entire way back to the table. Heechul immediately makes a big deal about it.

“Someone’s getting lucky tonight,” he singsongs. Hangeng and Leeteuk just shake their heads at the display.

“It looks like you two really hit it off.”

“He’s amazing, Teuk. He’s charming and I want to every part of him.”

“Woohoo!” Heechul cheers as he pulls Donghae into a hug. “I hope it works out for you, Hae. You deserve happiness.”

“Thanks Heechul.”

“Me too,” Hangeng adds. “You’re clearly smitten by him already.”

“He actually asked me to walk him to the train station. We’re going to meet up outside in a few minutes.”

“Oh, so nothing’s happening tonight?” Heechul seems disappointed, but knowing Donghae for as long as he has, he’s not surprised.

“No, but we did talk about a date.”

“Oh man, I hope it goes well,” Leeteuk exclaims.

“Thanks guys, really. That’s means a lot to me.”

“Good. Now get the hell out of here,” Heechul shouts while shoving Donghae his coat.

“Alright. Alright. I’ll see you guys tomorrow night.”

Donghae doesn’t even listen to his friend’s goodbyes as he practically runs out of the club. Eunhyuk is already waiting for him, though he doesn’t notice Donghae.

He takes the time to study Eunhyuk and can’t help but smile. The man is slightly taller than he is, but not by much. His legs are long and look great in the tight skinny jeans he’s wearing. His red leather coat makes his milky white skin pop under the spotlight created by the street lamp. His dark hair falls perfectly across one eye with little bits of red popping out in certain parts of the fringe.

Everything about him is attractive.

“Hey!” he eventually greets him and receives a warm smile from the man.

“Did you only wear that jacket?” Eunhyuk asks, immediately concerned as he takes in the thin coat Donghae has on. The wind is blowing harder than it was earlier.

“I didn’t realize how cold it was when I left my apartment.”

“Well, we’ll just walk a little faster then I want to so you don’t freeze to death.”

“Don’t worry about that,” Donghae says though he has to physically stop himself from shaking.

“I don’t want you getting sick before our date.”

“Speaking of that, when would you like for that to happen?” Donghae’s question comes out as a whisper. It makes Eunhyuk smile.

“I have to check my schedule at work, but if you give me your number, I can call you during the week.”

Donghae pulls out his own business card from his wallet and passes it to Eunhyuk.

The two talk the entire way to the train station. There are no awkward pauses or silent moments and Donghae couldn’t be more thrilled about that.

He finds it very easy to talk to Eunhyuk. It was never this easy to talk to any of his ex-boyfriends.  

They talk about how they both came to the club because of their friends and how Eunhyuk is only older than he is by a few months.

The conversation flows easily.

Donghae is slightly disappointed when they reach the corner by the train station. He’s about to make a comment about not wanting to split up, but Eunhyuk pulls Donghae into an alley by the grocery store.

“I really want to kiss you,” Eunhyuk whispers. Donghae can barely feel the tip of his nose, but those words instantly heat his entire body up.

Donghae can’t make himself form the word, yes, but he his lips and that’s all the invitation Eunhyuk needs.

It feels like it takes an eternity for the kiss to happen.

Donghae just stands there with his eyes tightly closed waiting for Eunhyuk’s move. The cold doesn’t bother him at this moment.

He first feels Eunhyuk’s hands on his cheeks pulling him closer to the man and then he feels Eunhyuk’s lips quickly press against his.

Their first kiss is far from beautiful, but to Donghae, it’s absolutely perfect.

It doesn’t last more than a few seconds, but it’s a moment of total delight—a wish fulfilled that Donghae didn’t even know he wanted.

When Eunhyuk pulls away, Donghae smiles. It’s the first awkward moment they share. They walk quietly the few feet to the train station entrance.

“I’ll call you tomorrow,” Eunhyuk says, surprising Donghae.

“Tomorrow?”

“Yeah. I don’t think I can wait until after the weekend.”

“Okay, I’ll talk to you tomorrow, then.”

“It was really great meeting you, Donghae.”

“You too.”

Eunhyuk sheepishly waves as he hops on the escalator. Donghae watches him the entire time and waves to him when he reaches the bottom.

He watches Eunhyuk disappear into the station before he makes his way back toward the club to meet up with Leeteuk, who promised to drive him home.

As he walks back, all he can think about is the kiss and the way their lips crashed against each other for the first time.