Chapter 3: One Added to the Collection

Worthless Blogs and Unread Books

Chapter three: One Added to the Collection

"Jongin can you help out in the kitchen for a bit?" Chen asks as he peers past Jongin's shoulder at the computer screen.
"No."
"What are you even doing?"
"Blog review on a book."
"Don't tell me it's them love books."
"Yes."
"That makes you look lonely."
"Shut up."
"Can you help out in the kitchen?"
"No."

 


 

Jongin ended up working in the kitchen anyway. His mum made him. By threatening to sell his computer and delete all his blog posts. Then burn all his books in the fire including the unread stash.
"Jongin you should help." Chen repeats after saying that same line... Jongin lost count but it was definitely more than ten.
"Jongin I will burn your books!" His mum scolded from the kitchen. Jongin smirks, there's no way his mum can be serious. "I will sell your computer and delete your god damn blog posts."
A smell of burning filled the restaurant, Jongin immediately shoots up and runs to the source of the burning.
"Don't worry, it's not your books but a bit of newspaper."
"You scared the out of me."
"Trust me, that'll be the smell of your books if you don't help out at the kitchen now." 

 


 

"I'm so tired!" Jongin screamed like a dying whale as he sprawled himself over Luhan's one and only sofa. Luhan may seem like the type of guy to have a bright, white and clean apartment as first impressions but in reality that impression is shattered. He lives in a dingy apartment with Sehun who also doesn't have a very decent job either. It also doesn't help when Luhan spends the remaining money left (from paying for electricity etc.) on all the expansion packs for his game. Sehun doesn't try and stop him either so Luhan's life is also a failure along with Jongin. What did you really expect when they were detention buddies and summer class regulars.
"You should have heard my partner at work Jongin, so rude." Luhan complains as he chucks cans of beer on the coffee table next to the 3 day old take away.
"Why, what did he say? I doubt he said something more rude than my own mum today, she told me she'll burn my babies," Jongin cries into the cushion and tries to reach for a can from the coffee table but his arms weren't long enough. "Luhan pass me one."
"No, you're right in front and I'm more than two meters away you lazy ." Luhan watches as Jongin still struggles to reach a stupid can. He decided to ignore the other and put mini Luhan and mini Sehun to bed and then walk the giraffe.
"Uh." Jongin groans loudly, he does this a couple of times and soon according to plan, Luhan got up and picked a can.
"You ." Luhan throws the can at Jongin who catches it just in time before it strikes his face.
"I know, Luhan I'm ed."
"What is it now?"
"My unread stash is dying down and I need more."
"There's plenty out there."
"Well they are all read then because once I step into the god damn book store, all of them are read."
"Have you read the one called Leave it to Fate?" Luhan pulls a book out from the drawer beside him.
"No, never heard of it."
"My friend wrote it who is also the one that said something very rude which, by the way, I haven't told you yet. He said he doesn't give a about me and Sehun's virtual love life."
"Good on him because I agree!"
"You can go and die in a hole, here." Luhan gives Jongin the book while clearly hasn't been read or maybe even opened.
"Have you read it?"
"Nah, not a book sort of person, plus I've got Sehun. I don't think I'll be needing that advice."
"Well you know how the saying goes, you may be able to get him but you may not be able to keep him." Jongin raises his eyebrows at Luhan who gives him a stare back.
"Wow... wise words from Kim Jongin." Luhan sighs and pushes that quote to the back of his head, there is no way Sehun would ever leave him. Right?
"YA! You should take that into consideration." Jongin pokes him on the head, Luhan just rolls his eyes.
"Are you trying to say Sehun will leave me?"
"No." Jongin whispers, he finally realises what he just said. He looks at the front cover of the book, just like any love/relationship advice book, it was simple and plain. Then he looks at the author: Do Kyungsoo.