Chapter 1: First Encounters

Worthless Blogs and Unread Books

Chapter one: First Encounters

"Don't worry it'll get cleaned up, Kai." Chen teases. Jongin shot a glare back but said nothing, he simply walked out with the steaming box and chucks it onto a passenger seat, along with a side order of spicy oven baked wedges. Jongin hates being called Kai by people in life, by in life he technically means out side the internet or in person. Kai is the name he refers to on his blog 'crying in development'. Yes, that's what he called it and he doesn't have any regrets.
Jongin checks the address stuck on top of the box and groans, it was pretty far away.
Jongin's nights consistently start like this. Half the time being annoyed by Chen or customers and the other if he was lucky, spending peaceful times reading his stash of unread books or blogging about his thoughts/a book review.
After working in the pizza business for about four or so years, Jongin did manage to learn a few things. He's pretty much an expert in the dos and don'ts of a delivery boy, man correction since he just turned twenty four two months ago and most importantly the different types of people he encounters.
We can see this from the blog post he made earlier today when he was suppose to be filling the delivery car up with fuel, whoops.

12/03/13
You guys know about my parents' pizza place that I've been working in since the end of college and with that being said, I can categorise all customers into specific groups. There's pretty much 4 types of customers which I never fail to encounter every night.
1. Non tippers
Cheap ones and occasionally make half of my deliveries. These s usually give me the exact amount, snatch their pizza (some pizzas soggy due to the wait they ing made me go through) and shut the door before I can politely say thank you.
2.  Sleep over teens
Screams. Almost every time before they open the door and I hear them chuckling or whatever, I just know. They would open the door with a friend or two and get giddy over everything, literally everything. 
3. Emotional eaters
Most trying to get over a recent break up/divorce/lack of love life aka me or the weird fan girl that's crying because her favourite celebrity is dating some one or has done something like drugs or some along them lines. When they open the door I suddenly become a therapist and pretend that I understand what they are talking about but I don't because, I myself is a soon to be miserable .
Last but not least
4. Attractive/cute ones
I've never encountered one but you never know. Just keeping it on my list for the mean time, maybe this is how I can finally meet my true one and only. Haha, what am I thinking?

Jongin finally arrived at the destination. He grabs the pizza box and the smaller box with the spicy wedges, the smell was strong and automatically triggered a growl from his stomach.
"." Jongin mumbles to himself as he makes his way up to the house. There was loud music blaring and lights were changing colours every few seconds.
Well this is something new to Jongin, he takes a mental note to update that previous post and rings the doorbell.
The wind blew and it became a little chilly, Jongin checked his digital watch he got from his mother as a thank you gift for working at their pizza place. It's been 5 minutes already and no one has answered. Clearly someone was in, ghosts don't exist and certainly there were screams from middle aged drunk men.
Jongin pressed the bell again and again, to make sure it can be heard.  The door shoots open and a tired/annoyed man appears. He seems as if he hadn't slept for days and looks like a college student.
"Delivery for Kyungsoo?" Jongin reads off the box and looks up at the man who was rummaging through his packed wallet. Surprisingly packed for a college student, accroding to Jongin.
"How much?"
"Eight seventy." Jongin answered.
Kyungsoo hands Jongin the money before removing the two boxes from his hands. Jongin looks at the money and realised it was a twenty, his eyes widened and these thoughts immediately went through his head:  do I keep the money or do I knock and be honest?
Jongin wasn't quite sure if he gave him a twenty on purpose or if it was because he was tired and didn't realise.
He decided to ring the door bell once again. Kyungsoo appears once more but this time he looked even more tired.
"You again? I already gave you the money."
"Yeah about that," Jongin shows him the twenty, " I thought you might want to take this back since it was only eight seventy." Jongin gives him the twenty back but he just stood and stared at it.
"What?"
Jongin groans in frustration and shoves the twenty into Kyungsoo's chest. Since the height difference between the tired customer and the delivery boy was a head, pushing Kyungsoo made him topple over. Thankfully even though Kyungsoo was half awake, he had good reflexes and managed to keep himself standing. It sort of looked like a man standing at the edge of a building and nearly falling back to his death but then manages to stand up right, swaying, that's the word.
"You gave me twenty." Jongin repeats. Kyungsoo's eyes flicker to the bill in Jongin's hand, he smiles, finally realising his mistake.
"Oh..." He trails off, scratching the back of his neck before removing the bill from Jongin's hand. He rummages through his wallet and gives Jongin a ten instead.
"Thank you."
"No problem and sorry about earlier, I'm just really tired because I have to get this written out."
"It's ok, college is pretty hard."
"College?"
"Yeah... It was hard for me so I understand." Jongin smiles reassuringly, Kyungsoo gives him a stink eye and slowly closes the door while saying: "Keep the change."
Jongin stands in front of the closed door for a few seconds and walks away, awkwardly.
This is why Jongin likes the internet more than real life, he's socially awkward, especially with strangers although working as a delivery boy has improved that.
"What the did I just say?" Jongin mutters to himself as he gets into the car.