Chapter 3

Cast Away (0904)

It has been a week already since Marks' introduction, and now everywhere that Jihyun goes, she sees Mark. It was as if he was following her, but he was following her in a way where he tries to seem like he wasn't following her around. 

*Why is he everywhere?* Jihyun mentally screamed in her head. She walked to her art class, and sat down where she usually sat. It was even five minutes, and Mark has already entered the classroom. 

Jihyun mentally signed and rolled her eyes, while she tried hard to act like she didn't notice his existence. She listened carefully as to where Mark was going to sit. She held in her irritation, when Mark sat down.....right in front of her. He acted so casual, as if they had been friends for years.

Jihyun fought herself not to look up, but at the end, she'd beat herself. Jihyun looked up in irritation, only to be greeted by his smile. 

"Hey Ji." Mark said, and continue to lay his things out onto the table. Jihyun furrowed her brows. Ji? She thought back to the time where she let Mark call her that, but there were no memories of them ever being close to the point where they could nickname each other. She hasn't even known this guy for more than a week, and he was already getting on her bad side.

"I don't usually come off nice, so I'll just say it straight out. I don't appreciate you calling me Ji. I would appreciate it if you would stop trying to follow me or something, because I don't like the fact that I see you everywhere that I go. Also, please don't try to get too comfortable with me." Jihyun didn't even crack an emotion besides her straight face, while she told Mark that.

But Mark didn't seem to be surprise by that. He seemed as if it was a pleasure to hear what she just said to him. "Alright, I'll just give you some time then." Mark grabbed his belongings, and moved to a different table. The things that made Jihyun cringed was the fact that Mark smiled after that. 

Jihyun admits that Mark was indeed cute, but this weird feeling about him just kind of shuts him off for her. She shook the feeling of him away, and just continued on her drawing.

 


Lunch time came by, and Jihyun sat under the tree that she always sits under during lunch if she's not else where. It was a calm and relaxing place, because not a lot of student passes by there. Luckily she found this spot first and claimed it as hers. 

Jihyun leans on the tree, and looked up to the sky. The wind blew at a slow breeze, which made the weather just a tad bit better. She sighed then smiles to the sky. "I miss you." Slowly, flashbacks of Jihyun's twin brother started to pop up. 

They were playing, and chasing each other out in the front yard. Their house was pretty isolated from everyone else's. Jihyun and her twin brother were playing a game of catch, when they ball slipped out of Jihyun's hand and rolled out onto the street. Jihyun wanted to run and go get the ball, but her brother stopped her. Because he was a few seconds older than her, that made her younger. Her brother dashed out into the streets, and that's when it happened.

There was a car driving by, faster than the speed limit posted. The car had ran over Jihyun's brother, and stopped. Nobody came out of the car, and they never did. They just drove off faster than they were going already. Jihyun who was still in a state of shock, stood there, looking at her lifeless brother. 

It took a little while before she realize that her brother was lying in a puddle of his own blood. She fell down on her knees, next to her brother and let her tears fall. 

"Oppa...." That was all that came out, when their mother, who was busy making them lunch came out to fetch them for lunch, screamed from the top of her lungs. The next thing she knew, her mom was right next to her, holding her brothers lifeless body.

From there, she could see her father in a state of shock, and then he slowly fell onto his knees. Jihyun remembered the pain she felt from her mother, and call it twin telepathy, but she was in so much pain. It was as if she felt the pain of death. 

Jihyun opened her eyes, and realized that she had fallen asleep. Then she noticed tears in her eyes, and she quickly wiped them away. She looked up once again at the sky, and whispered a "I'm sorry," before getting up.

But right when she stood up, there was this incredible pain in her chest, as if someone had punched the air right out of her. She gasped for air, and leaned back on the tree. It was in that moment that someone ran to her, and wrapped their arms around her to support her. She didn't know who this person was, but she felt safe, and comfort in their arms. 

Once she got her breath back, she looked up and was shocked to see that it was Mark. 

"Are you okay?" Mark looked really concerned, but Jihyun pushed him away. Slowly, she felt the safe zone that she was in fading away, and she felt weird for even thinking that.

"I'm fine." Jihyun coldly stated. 

"Don't lie. You looked like you couldn't breathe." Mark said with full concern shown through his voice.

Jihyun didn't answer, but slowly walked away. She was still weak from her sudden pain attack. Mark grabbed her again, but she only pushed his hands away. "Don't. I'm fine." Honestly, Jihyun felt like she was going to cry. She didn't know why, but there was this wave of sadness that had just washed over her.

"I can walk you back to class. Just let me-" Mark was cut off by Jihyun. 

"I told you before that I don't appreciate you doing these kinds of things. I'm fine already, so please just turn a blind eye to me. I don't need your help, and will never need it. Thank you for concerning about me, but please, next time just ignore me." Jihyun said, half mad now. She don't know why she was pushing Mark away, but she just did. That's what she does, because she's scared of the same things happening over and over again. People only using her for their own entertainment purposes.

"Why?" Mark asked. His voice coming off colder than before, which sent shivers down Jihyun's spine. "Why do you push me away? I was only trying to be a friend." Mark said.

The word friend was what threw Jihyun off. "You think I don't know what you are doing? You came out of nowhere, talked to me, and now you're trying to be my friend? Please. So many people have used your tactics of trying to be my friend, but what happens at the end of it all? I get ing thrown away like a piece of trash, because why? I'm only there for entertainment purposes only, so give me a good reason why I should let my walls break down, and allow you to even be a friend?!" Jihyun was breathing hard now, because her anger has now gotten the best of her. 

Marks' expression was what surprised her. He looked so sad?

"You're right, I did come out of nowhere, talked to you, and now I want to be your friend. But, does it kill you to think that people are different? Just because many people has screw you over, doesn't mean I'm going to do the same. Ever heard the term of "people are different?" If not, you should try to put that in your brain. And is it such a crime for you to have a friend? For me to want to be your friend?" Mark argued back. 

Jihyun and Mark was now having a stare down contest. 

"Yes it does. Friends does not exist in my world." Jihyun said, then turned around and walked away.

 

 

 

 

Jihyun came out of the shower, and went straight to lay on her bed. She thought back to what happened earlier today, and sighed. Mark was a big mystery to her, and she felt wrong to have just judged him already. But at the same time, she felt like she did the right thing. At least only ten percent. The other ninety percent, she felt guilty of what she said. 

What if Mark was nice? What if his intensional of being friend with her wasn't because he wanted to embarrass her, but really be her friend? What if she screwed up on the only one real friend she would ever make? Questions were flooding in her thought bubbles, and she sighed in irritation.

"Forget about that stranger." She told herself before she turned off the lights, and went under her covers. Sleep was the only cure for all this, right now.

 

---------------
Leave me nice comments ^^