Chapter 2

Cast Away (0904)

The next morning was really hard for Jihyun to wake up. She still wanted to kill herself after what happened last night at the dance. How stupid was she to think that she could go out, and actually have a nice time. Pretty stupid if you asked me.

"Jihyun honey, time to wake up for school." Jihyun's mother said aloud from the kitchen. Jihyun pulled the pillow over her face, and let out an irritate groan into the pillow, as she stretched and pushed the pillow down on her face. Sighing, she got up, and lazily dragged her two feet to the bathroom.

After she was done getting ready, she headed down to the kitchen. "How was last night, baby girl?" Jihyun's father asked, as he took the news paper down and focused on his daughter. 

"It was alright. Nothing special." Jihyun shrugged, grabbed a piece of toast, and stuck it in .

"Nothing special? You made a new friend, right?" Mrs. Na said, and flashbacks of last nights dance popped up in Jihyun's head.

Jihyun faked a smile, and nodded. "Yeah." She placed the toast back on the plate, and headed to the door, putting her shoes on.

"Ji, have some breakfast before you leave." Mrs. Na said, but Jihyun was out of the door already, waving to her mom, and she ran foreword. "Bye!" And she disappeared around the corner. 

It was constant lies towards her parents. She was tired of the moving, and she knew how her parents felt. She decided to settle with this house, and stay here, because she was about to be done with school too. She only needed to endure this for a little bit longer.

On her walk to school, she kept feeling like someone was following her, but when she turned around, no one was to be seen. She brushed that off, and proceeded to walk to school. She already knew what was going to happen, when she reaches school. Either some kids will ignore it, but she knows they all will laugh at her.

She entered the school gates, and was already being laughed at. 

"Look at that weirdo from last night. I can't believe she had the nerves to show up." Some dude from the side said, but Jihyun chose to ignore it like always. She walked into the school building, and heard many more comments about her last night. She ignored them all, and headed to her class.

When she got to her class, she proceeded to her desk, and went to go sit down. Luckily nobody was in class yet, because school hasn't officially started yet. It was an art class, and she usually sits alone. Jihyun took her drawing notebook out, and placed it on her station desk, then took out her drawing pencils, and erasers, and then she opened her drawing notebook. 

She began to draw, and pour her anger and sadness into the drawing. It hasn't even been three minutes, and she's already finished with the drawing, that was fully detailed. That was one of her hidden talents that no one really knew about. 

Jihyun sighed, and then placed her pencil down on the desk, and stared at her drawing. This was the first time she felt something weird about her drawing. Her drawing was of a skull man. The face was half skull, and half human. She furrowed her brows at her own drawing, wondering how she came up with something like that, but her thoughts were distracted, when she heard the foreign voice of a male student.

"That's quiet impressive for something done under three minutes." The boy walked in, and gave her a small smile. Jihyun didn't know rather to reply or just ignore him and hope that he would just walk away on his own.

"Uh.... Thanks." Jihyun replied, and regretted ever replying.

"May I?" He ushered to the drawing, and Jihyun hesitated before she pushed the notebook towards him. He reached for the notebook, and sat down right across from her, admiring the drawing.

"I've always known you could draw, but wow. This could really be a masterpiece." The boy said, and then looked up smiling at Jihyun. She was feeling all sorts of ways, with him smiling at her like that.

"How do you know that I could draw?" Jihyun asks, hesitantly.

The boy smirked, and leaned in. "Well, you're not in this class to slack off like other students, are you?" He asks, and Jihyun unintentionally furrowed her brows. "No."

Then the boy smiled, and leaned back straight. "I thought so, because as class president, I would have kicked you out." Then he smirked again. "Plus, you've just proven that you can draw, and I don't need anymore facts to convince you."

Jihyun felt all sorts of dumb now, knowing that she probably sounded really stupid asking that question. 

"I didn't know that we had a class president." Jihyun thought aloud, making the boy chuckle. Jihyun looked at the boy, and he smiled at her.

"Well, starting today, I was named class president by teacher Han." He showed a proud smile, but Jihyun wasn't that interested in finding out about the class president.

Jihyun didn't know what to do, or say next, so she flipped the page to her drawing notebook, and began to doodle something new. While she was doodling, she felt a pair of eyes staring deep into her drawing, and she was beginning to get irritated. "Do you mind?" Jihyun said, and looked up quiet irritated. The boy moved back a bit surprised, and Jihyun went back to focusing on her drawing. 

Time went by and the boy never left. Jihyun was getting frustrated, because he was in her space. She doesn't like it when people look at her while she draws, simply because no one has ever watch her with this much interest before, and she just felt awkward. 

Jihyun shot her head up. "I don't know how to say this in a nicer way, but can you please stop staring at me draw?" The boy only smile, and nodded. "I'm sorry. I didn't realize I was making you feel so uncomfortable. But if you want me to leave, then I'll take my leave." The boy got up, and went to go sit at the next station across from her.

It didn't make much of a difference because he was still looking at her. 

"So, did you come to the dance last night?" The boy asks. Jihyun thought he was trying to make fun on her, so she didn't answer. 

"Well if you did, did you have fun?" He asked another question.

Jihyun ignored him again, and tried really hard to focus on her drawing, but her hand twitched from the anger she was trying to hold in, and that messed up her drawing. Jihyun looked up irritably at the mere boy. 

"Look, when I said stop staring at me, I mean don't talk to me too." And with that, she went back to trying to focus on her drawing.

Class began, and the whole class time, Jihyun would catch glimpse of the boy staring at her. She was ready to march over to him, and ask him what his deal was with her, but she couldn't because lecture was still going on. Luckily the teacher had an emergency and had to leave early. Meaning class was dismissed early, and Jihyun took this chance, and fled as fast as she could.

Jihyun went to the schools rooftop, and looked down, enjoying the fresh air from above. She took out her drawing book and started to draw what she saw below. It only took her three quick glimpse before she could memorize the picture in her head. With that, it took her roughly about ten minutes to complete the drawing.

"Impressive." She looked up to see the same boy from this morning. Jihyun suddenly began to hate the guy. Why was he so into her business?

"What are you doing here?" Jihyun asks, closing her drawing book.

The boy smiled, and walked next to her, as he took a whiff of the fresh air. "I, have he same question for you." He said, and the closed his eyes as he leaned back on the railing.

Jihyun looked at him, then rolled her eyes. "I asked you first." She saw him smile at her statement.

"You want me to lie, or tell you the truth?" He said, still having his eyes closed.

Jihyun hesitated for a moment before she said, "truth."

The boy smiled, and the opened his eyes, and leaned back straight. "I followed you." Creeper status much?

Jihyun wanted to slowly back away then run for her life, but something about this boy doesn't scream danger too, but she wasn't going to settle on that.

"Why?" Jihyun asks.

He let out a small chuckle, and faced Jihyun, looking at her in the pupil. "To tell you my name." Jihyun paused for a bit. That was it? What he hell? He could have just told her in the classroom or something.  "Hi Jihyun, I'm Mark. Mark Tuan." He flashes a smile, and held out his hand. Jihyun froze, because somehow, his name ranged such a familiar tune to her ears. 

---------------------
Been a while. Hope you guys are still excited about this story. 
Asdfghjkl leave me nice comments ^^