Love Is.... My Pain

K-Pop Oneshot Compilation

It has been already been a month since you’ve been at Hwangsuk High. You had become friends with many of the students there. You had even became somewhat close to Baekhyun. You walked to your locker and noticed Myungsoo waiting for you. You opened your locker, ignoring him.

“Aww come on Eun Hee. You can’t ignore me forever.”
“I can and I will.”

After grabbing everything you needed, you walked down the hallway to class. Myungsoo ran after you and grabbed your arm, turning you around to face him.

“Let go Myungsoo.” You said through gritted teeth.
“No. I need to know something.”
“What?”
“Why don’t you like me Eun Hee?” He asked.

You stayed silent and saw Cho Hee walking towards you. Myungsoo looked behind him and smirked.

“It’s because of Cho Hee, isn’t it?”
You kept quiet.
“Eun Hee, don’t listen to her. I’m a good guy.”
“Kim Myungsoo! Get away from her!”
“And what if I don’t?”

Cho Hee yanked you away from him. Myungsoo smirked and shook his head.

“You’re only making it worse Cho Hee. Now I will never stay away from her.”

Myungsoo yanked you back and held you in his arms. You tried to wriggle free from his embrace but couldn’t.

“What is going on?” 

You heard Baekhyun coming from behind the three of you. Myungsoo then let go of you.

“Nothing.” Myungsoo said.
Baekhyun pulled you closer to him.
“You… stay away from her.” Baekhyun threatened Myungsoo.
“Or what?”
“Don’t worry about that.”

With that, you and Baekhyun walked away from Cho Hee and Myungsoo. You both left the building and went to the courtyard. Baekhyun was only a few steps behind you.

“Gomawo… Baekhyun.” You said, turning around to face him.
“No problem. Anything for a friend.”

You smiled and blushed. You both continued to walk and talk before you heard the bell go off, reminding you that you guys needed to go to class.

“Aish! We’re going to be late! Kaja!”
You grabbed Baekhyun’s hand and ran back inside the school.


The Next Day….

You sat at your normal lunch table with Cho Hee and your other friends. Not too far from your table, there was Baekhyun sitting with his friends. Baekhyun looked at you.

“There you go again hyung.” Kai said.
Baekhyun immediately turned around.
“What are you talking about?” Baekhyun asked.
“You’re staring at Eun Hee again.”
“Do you like her?” Kyungsoo asked.
“I don’t know… Do I like her?”
“Baek has a crush~!” Chanyeol said childishly.
Baekhyun punched his arm.
“Shut up.”
Meanwhile at your table…
“Do you think Baekhyun-sunbae likes you?” Cho Hee asked.
“I don’t think he does..” You said.
“The way he always comes to your rescue and protects you from Myungsoo makes it seem like he does.”
“No, he couldn’t like me.” 


Later that day…

You were sitting outside since you had free time and Myungsoo came and sat beside you. You looked over at him and rolled your eyes.

“Kim Myungsoo.. what are you doing?” You asked through gritted teeth.
“I’m just sitting here..”
“Yeah right. What do you want?”
“You to be my girlfriend..”
“Mwo?!”
You stood up to walk away but Myungsoo grabbed your hand.
“Eun Hee… could you help me out please?”
You looked at him and sat back down.
“What is it?”
“My father wants to set up an arranged marriage with the daughter of one of his allies. If I bring you to dinner tonight, he might change his mind.”
“What’s in it for me?”
“If you come with me, I will leave you alone. If you don’t… I’ll spread a rumor about you and Baekhyun and make your life miserable.”
You stared at him, wide eyed. You sighed heavily trying to figure out what you wanted to do.
“Fine… I’ll go. But if you don’t keep up your end, I will hurt you. Arasso?”
“Arasso. Promise.” He held out his pinky.

You linked pinkies with him and you both promised to keep up both ends of the deal. However, you guys didn’t notice Baekhyun watching you guys from the rooftop. He grew jealous by looking at you guys together and went back inside.


That Night…

You got ready for the dinner with Myungsoo and his parents. As you waited for Myungsoo, your phone buzzed and you saw a SNS notification from Baekhyun.

“Neo eodisseo?”
You replied to it.
“Jib..Wae?”
Immediately, you got another response.
“Want to hang out?”
“Mian…I already have plans.”
“Oh ara.”
“Mianhae Baekhyun oppa..”
“Gwenchana..”

You put your phone in your purse and walked out of the house when you heard a horn beep outside. You saw Myungsoo hurriedly get out of the car and rush over to open the door for you. You smiled at his politeness. He closed the door once you were in the car and got in on the driver’s side. He looked at you.

“You look very pretty..” He said somewhat shyly.
“Gomawo. You look nice as well.”
“Gomawo. Shall we go?”
“Yeah.”

Myungsoo drove off in the direction of his house, which took 20 minutes to get there. He parked in the driveway and got out to open the door for you. You got out of the car and admired his house

“Wah~! This is where you live?” You asked in amazement.
“Neh. Do you like it?”
“Neh. Neomu neomu joah!”
He laughed at your reaction. He held out his hand so you could grab it.
“Let’s go inside.”

You grabbed his hand and walked with him inside. You both walked into the living room and saw Myungsoo’s parents sitting on the couch waiting for you. They stood up and you bowed to them.

“Annyeonghaseyo. Choi Eun Hee ibnida. Bangabseubnida.” You greeted them.
“Oh Eun Hee-ah. We have heard so much about you.” Myungsoo’s mom stated.
“Jinjjayo?” You looked at Myungsoo.
“Neh. It’s nice to meet you too.” Myungsoo’s dad said.
“Myungsoo, show Eun Hee around while dinner is getting ready.” His mom said.
“Algaeseo eomeoni. Kaja Eun Hee.” Myungsoo lightly pulled your arm and began to take you on a tour of the house.

He showed you his parents’ room, the kitchen, dining area, music room, the other guest bedrooms, and his room. There was a patio that had an amazing view of the city. You both stood out there and looked at the city.

“Thank you.” Myungsoo said breaking the silence between you two.
“For?” You asked.
“Pretending to be my girlfriend for the night.”
“Oh. No problem. I just wanted to help you out. Now let’s hope you keep up your end of the deal.”
“Yeah of course I will.”
“Good because I don’t want to hurt you.”
“You hurt me? Never.”
You both laughed.

Myungsoo’s mom found you guys and told you both that dinner was ready. You all sat at the dining room table and began to eat the food that was prepared. Myungsoo’s father broke the silence by asking you a question.

“Eun Hee, how long have you and Myungsoo been dating?”
“About a month sir.” You answered.
“I see… And I suppose he told you about the arranged marriage.”
“Neh..”
“Apeoji.. Me and Eun Hee really like each other and I don’t want to break her heart.”
“Hm… She is a really nice girl Myungsoo. But I’m sorry, I have to go along with the marriage.”
“Apeoji!” Myungsoo stood up immediately.
“Kim Myunggi!” Myungsoo’s mom yelled.
“I’m sorry adeul. Sorry Eun Hee-ah”
“Gwenchana.. If you will excuse me, I’ll get going then.”

You stood up and left the room. You began to walk out of the house when Myungsoo grabbed your wrist. He turned you around and you saw the sadness in his eyes.

“I’ll take you home.” He said.
“Arasso.”

You both got in his car and drove off towards your house. The car stopped once it was in front of your house.

“Mianhae Myungsoo.” You said.
“Gwenchana.. Thanks anyway.”
“No problem. I’ll see you at school.” 

You were about to get out of the car but Myungsoo grabbed your wrist.

“Mwoya?”

He kissed your lips softly. You pulled away immediately. You looked at him in shock.

“I…like you. I really really like you.”
“I have to go.” You hurriedly got out of the car and walked up to your house.

You watched as Myungsoo drove away and didn’t notice Baekhyun walking along.

“Eun Hee-ah.” He called out to you.
You turned around and smiled.
“Baekhyun.. what are you doing over here?”
“I like this neighborhood. It’s great for walking.”
You giggled.
“I see.”
“Can we go somewhere and talk?"

**Translations**

-Algaeseo: I understand or Okay