I Love You, Goodbye

Star Crossed

“I Love you, Goodbye”

 

    Ji Eun managed to find someone right for her. She fell in love with her best friend. The best friend that understood her when she went through an era of darkness. The best friend that was there when Chanyeol wasn’t. She had married a person very special to her. They’ve been married for 7 years and still going strong. Ji Eun left her job to become a stay home mom to her two kids while her husband got promoted as a CEO.

 

4 Years Ago

Chanyeol

 

3 years have passed since Ji Eun and I last saw and talked to each other. To be honest, I kind of miss her. My days feel empty without our bickering. I begin to feel as if a part of me is missing. Maybe she really was a huge part of my life. What if I was just too cold to actually believe her? Oh, Chanyeol, what are you doing? My life is completely different. I feel lost. I’ve lost my job, my friends, and my mother has stopped communicating with me. What have I done wrong?

“Ji Eun? It’s you? It’s been you? Ji Eun. I’m sorry, I’m so sorry I was so stupid to realize.”

 

... it was just a dream. But Ji Eun? Ji Eun has been the girl. I remember her now!

Chanyeol picked his phone and called his mom. “Mom! I remember Ji Eun! Mom I can remember everything now!”

“Chanyeol? Are you serious? How do I know you’re not lying.” Mrs. Park asked.

“We were supposed to get married this year. She was my fiance of two years and my girlfriend of 3 years..”

“Oh my God Chanyeol!” His mom felt great joy. Her son could finally remember. This just meant that Chanyeol would be back to his old state of life.

“I have to contact her.” Chanyeol thought to himself. Chanyeol looked for the contact named “Stranger” and called her. “Disconnected?” “Her phone has been disconnected. Maybe I should just show up at her house and tell her personally.” Chanyeol hurried out the door. Chanyeol arrived in front of her door. He knocked on her door but a strange woman opened. “Hi. I’m looking for Ji Eun? I believe she lives here..” Chanyeol politely asked.

“Sorry, I don’t know her.. We live here now. We moved a few years ago.” The strange woman replied.

“Oh alright. Thank you.” “Oh! Ji Eun, where are you…” Chanyeol quietly thought to himself.


 

It’s been a few months and I still haven’t found her. Her phone number has been disconnected and she’s moved. None of her friends would spill the beans. None of them would tell them where she’s at and how she’s doing. None of my friends would tell me as well. Could it possibly be too late?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


 

5 Years Ago

 

    Today was a special day for Ji Eun. She made sure to wake up early to get ready for a big day ahead of her.     

    “Good morning beautiful,” her parents greeted in unison.

    “Today’s the day!” Her father said filled with excitement.

All Ji Eun did was smile at her parents.

    “Today, my life will change. Today will be perfect.” Ji Eun thought.

Ji Eun’s parents brought over her favorite meal for breakfast. After eating her breakfast, she showered and transferred to the room across hers. It was a much bigger room. It was the room filled with her bridesmaids and makeup artists. As soon as Ji Eun walked in the room, she could smell the hairspray fumes, hear loud music, and was welcomed with a glass of champagne. She was greeted by everyone in the room. Ji Eun then made her way to the makeup area and got her makeup done.

    “So hon, today’s the day. How do you want your makeup done?” The makeup artist asked Ji Eun.

    “Something light and fresh please!” Ji Eun replied with a sweet smile.

The makeup artist got on with her work. Ji Eun had peach eyeshadow all over her lids and purple eyeshadow for her crease. The makeup look suited her perfectly. As for Ji Eun’s hairstyle, she got it bunned. She requested for a side bun with the special butterfly hair pin her mom had passed on to her. After hair and makeup, it was time for her to put her dress on.

Ji Eun had chosen a simple and dainty gown. Ji Eun put her jewelry on, she had chosen a jewelry set made of pearls. The pearls were a gift from her parents.

    “One last look..” Ji Eun quietly told herself as she looked at the mirror.

Her mom came behind her looking at both their reflection.

    “My little girl… You’ve been through so much pain but yet here you are. We’ve raised a strong woman. Congratulations baby! I love you!” Ji Eun’s mom said trying her best not to break down and cry.

 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

    “Ready?” The wedding planner asked the bridesmaids.

Ji Eun watched as her 5 beautiful bridesmaids walked down the aisle. Ji Eun was nervous.

    “Your turn, beautiful.” Ji Eun’s wedding planner turned to her and smiled as the last bridesmaid walked down the aisle.

    “Let’s go beautiful.” Her dad gave her one last hug.

Ji Eun walked down the aisle smiling looking at her husband to be.

    “He looks handsome doesn’t he?” Ji Eun’s father asked, teasing Ji Eun a bit.

    “Dad..” Ji Eun smiled back.

 

When Ji Eun and her dad made it down the aisle, her husband to be took Ji Eun’s father’s hand and shook it. Ji Eun’s father hugged him and told him to protect her and love her with all his being. The groom then looked at Ji Eun and smiled widely at her. He couldn’t help but tear up a bit. The groom took Ji Eun’s hand and led her up the stage where the pastor was.

 

We are gathered here today, on this happy and joyous occasion, to join this man and this woman in holy matrimony.” The pastor began.

 

“Marriage is a solemn institution to be held in honor by all, it is the cornerstone of the family and of the community. It requires of those who undertake it a complete and unreserved giving of one's self. It is not to be entered into lightly, as marriage is a sincere and mutual commitment to love one another. This commitment symbolizes the intimate sharing of two lives and still enhances the individuality of each of you.”

 

“I, Joonmyun, take you, Ji Eun, to be my friend, my lover, the mother of my children and my wife. I will be yours in times of plenty and in times of want, in times of sickness and in times of health, in times of joy and in times of sorrow, in times of failure and in times of triumph. I eagerly anticipate the chance to grow together, getting to know the woman you will become, and falling in love with you more every day. I promise to love and cherish you through whatever life may bring us.” Joonmyun smiled throughout while sliding their wedding band on Ji Eun’s delicate finger.

 

The pastor smiled, then turned to Ji Eun.

 

I, Ji Eun, take you Joonmyun to be my husband., my partner in life and my one true love. I will cherish our union and love you more each day than I did the day before. I will trust you and respect you, laugh with you and cry with you, loving you faithfully through good times and bad, regardless of the obstacles we may face together. I give you my hand, my heart, and my love, from this day forward for as long as we both shall live.” Ji Eun slid their wedding band on Joonmyun’s finger. Ji Eun tried her best to not cry even if she felt a lump forming in during her vows.


 

    “By the power vested in me, I now pronounce you husband and wife. You may kiss the bride.” With the pastor’s last words, Joonmyun held Ji Eun’s petite face in his hands, smiled and kissed her. The two felt fireworks go off and butterflies fly during the kiss.


 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


September 27, 2019


 

One afternoon, Ji Eun along with Joonmyun and the kids went around the mall for bonding time. No matter how busy Joonmyun was, he always made sure he made time for Ji Eun and his kids. Joonmyun and the kids headed out to the arcade while Ji Eun went to the grocery store to pick up some of the ingredients for the pasta she’s cooking tonight.

“Ji Eun?”

A familiar voice rang through her ears. Ji Eun turned around and saw a familiar figure standing behind her.

“How are you? Ji Eun! I’ve looked for you everywhere! Ji Eun! I remember everything. I’m so sorry.” Chanyeol spoke continuously and hugged Ji Eun tightly not letting go of her. Ji Eun stood in front of his chest and cried.

“Yeol?” was all Ji Eun could say.

“Be with me Ji Eun! Let’s be happy together again. Ji Eun! Please tell me it’s not too late.” Chanyeol pleaded.

“Chanyeol, stop.” Ji Eun gently spoke breaking away from Chanyeol’s grip.

“Mommy!” A little girl came running to Ji Eun hugging her from behind.

“Mommy?” Chanyeol asked in a whispering tone.     

Silence fell between the two.

“Yeol, I’m married.” Ji Eun told Chanyeol quietly.

“Ji Eun? Babe?” With that question, Joonmyun showed up looking surprise at the sight of Chanyeol near his wife.

“Yeah, she’s married, Chanyeol.” Joonmyun butted in.

“Him? Joonmyun?” Chanyeol questioned averting his eyes to Ji Eun.

“Yeah, him.” Ji Eun whispered. “I’m sorry, Yeol.” Ji Eun followed.

“We should get going.” Joonmyun politely suggested. “Nice seeing you Chanyeol.” Joonmyun continued.

“Goodbye Chanyeol…” Ji Eun whispered painfully.

“Bye.” Chanyeol bid his painful goodbye. Chanyeol watched as the love of his life walked out with her family. He had found his answer. “I guess I am too late.. I’m so sorry, Ji Eun. I love you. Goodbye…”