If Only He's Willing to Try

Star Crossed

“If Only He’s Willing to Try”

 

“Will this amnesia thing be permanent?” Mrs. Park asked.

“With some patients yes. But if he wants to remember, he can.”

    “Ji Eun! The doctor said, if he tries, he could certainly remember! I’ll bring Chanyeol over, let him stay there at your place until he remembers. We’ll help him,” Chanyeol’s mom told Ji Eun with so much excitement.

“Really?” Ji Eun asked.

“Definitely! Just stick to the plan!”

    As soon as Mrs. Park got home from the doctor, she packed Chanyeol belongings in a small vacation suitcase and waited for him to arrive home. Chanyeol decided to spend a day with Daeun for a change of atmosphere. Mrs. Park, however, did not like Daeun for her son. Mrs. Park also grabbed Chanyeol’s promise ring by his bedside table. A few years ago, Ji Eun and Chanyeol decided to get each other promise rings to promise to stay with each other through everything. As soon as Chanyeol got home, Mrs. Park shoved the promise ring to Chanyeol’s slim and slender fingers causing him to jump in surprise.

“Daeun, you may leave. Chanyeol won’t be seeing you as of today. He will be living with his fiance,” Mrs. Park strictly said, earning a death stare from Chanyeol.

“Mom!” Chanyeol raised his voice.

“Bye Daeun! See you…. never!” Mrs. Park teasingly said. At that, Daeun stormed out of the house leaving Chanyeol and his mom alone. Chanyeol frowned at his mom, but his mom just smiled at him.

“You’ll be living with your fiance! Aren’t you excited?” Mrs. Park mentioned as she scanned the living room for her purse and her keys. Without waiting for Chanyeol’s opinion, she grabbed her arm and dragged him to the car, then drove away.

    Ji Eun was excited to have Chanyeol live with her. She tidied her place up and decided to clean the guest room out. She also cooked his favorite dish and invited Chanyeol’s closest circle of friends.

    “Mom, for the hundredth time, I don’t know her! Why are you forcing me to live and love a stranger?” Chanyeol asked frustratingly.

“Goodness sake! You’re getting married to her Yeol!” His mom replied angrily.

“No! No one is getting married! No one is engaged!” Chanyeol screamed at him mom.

“Huh… stubborn like you father… Just please try!” His mom sighed as she begged him.

“No promises..” He replied bluntly.

In no time, the two pulled up at Ji Eun’s place. Mrs. Park smirked with great excitement, while Chanyeol took a deep and sharp annoyed breath. The two made their way to Ji Eun’s door and knocked. Within a few seconds, Ji Eun answered the door. She smiled widely.

 

“Welcome home, Yeol!” Ji Eun hugged him, but Chanyeol just stood coldly not knowing what to do.

“Let’s go inside,” Mrs. Park kindly suggested.

As they made their way to the living room, Ji Eun asked Chanyeol a bunch of question which seemed to tick Chanyeol off. When they reached the living room, “SURPRISE!” Chanyeol’s friends came out of their hiding place  and surprised him.

“You guys? How? I mean..”

“Hyung, she’s your fiance!” Kai replied before Chanyeol finished his sentence. Everyone moved along and chatted while they ate dinner. Joonmyun pulled Chanyeol to the side to ask him a question.

“Yeol, you really don’t have a clue who she is, don’t you?”

“N-no. Not a clue,” Chanyeol answered bluntly. Joonmyun sighed with his reply.

By 10 pm, everyone disappeared. Chanyeol was now left alone with his mom and this stranger. Chanyeol scanned the house to look for his mom.

“Help him, Ji Eun… Please..” Chanyeol heard his mom plead to Ji Eun.

“I’ll try Mrs. Park.” Chanyeol couldn’t believe his mom’s actions.

After a few moments, Mrs. Park left, Chanyeol and Ji Eun were officially left alone. The atmosphere grew thick with silence and awkwardness.

“Hmm,” Chanyeol cleared his throat.

“Uh, excuse me, Ji Eun.. where’s my room at?” Chanyeol asked as he rubbed the back of his neck awkwardly.

“Chanyeol? You know my name? I mean… you, uh, remember my name?” Ji Eun asked, her voice filled with excitement.

“Uh, not exactly. My mom always mentions you.” Chanyeol smiled awkwardly.

“Oh.. right… Sorry. Go straight, then make a left and the first door to your right is yours.” Ji Eun slightly smiled.

“Kay, thanks,” Chanyeol replied.

Ji Eun couldn’t help admit that she still felt a spark every time she looked at his eyes. She still continued to fall in love with him and she still felt butterflies every time they talk to each other.

Chanyeol, couldn’t sleep so he decided to go out and drink tea. Chanyeol slowly made his way to the kitchen. He noticed that Ji Eun was still up as well working on papers for work. He walked up to the counter and looked for tea, when he heard her say: “Upper right cabinet.”

“Thanks.” Chanyeol grinned.

“Can’t sleep?” Ji Eun asked. Chanyeol shook his head while biting his lower lip. He waited for his tea to brew and decided to sit in front of Ji Eun.

“How ‘bout you?” Chanyeol awkwardly asked.

“Nah, I need to catch up on work anyways,” Ji Eun replied trying her hardest to avoid eye contact.

“So… who are you.. really?” Chanyeol asked politely. Ji Eun shot her head up at Chanyeol’s question.

“... Your fiance.. hmm.” Ji Eun tried to clear .

“Sorry I really can’t..”

“It’s okay..” Ji Eun replied ahead of Chanyeol. “I’ll help you.” She was determined to help him even more.