I.

Daughters

I know a girl

She puts the color inside of my world

Park Bom and Choi Seung Hyun had been dating for 7 months already. Though their 7 months had been mostly happy, they were never without an argument. And mostly, their arguments were the petty type.

"You never text me in the morning, why are you like that?!" Bom complained to Seung hyun once. Seung hyun, also known as TOP, had no clue what to say to her.

"Baby, I was busy with work. I also have to focus on work-"

"You're just using work as an excuse. So now you're too busy for me, huh? You're too busy for me!" Bom scolded him loudly.  At the cafe. TOP had no idea how to react to her tantrums.

"Baby you can't keep doing this." TOP said. Bom just kept quiet and stared at him angrily. After that particular date, she stormed away from him and went home by herself.

But she's just like a maze

Where all of the walls all continually change

Bom confused TOP most of the time. She would be all lovey dovey and sweet one minute then shift into a tantrum. He knew he did all he could but something about Bom was really bothering him and possibly her. 

"I think you're cheating on me. That's why you never call or text me." she said in a small voice, one that commanded pity. TOP didn't know if it was fury or pity that he was going to feel.

"I'm not cheating on you! Where the hell are you getting that?!"

"Because you never let me know how your day is going!!" 

"Because I'm busy, baby." TOP said, obviously tired. 

"You're hanging out with that Hyori girl again, aren't you!?"

"What? She's just-"

"You're cheating! I'm done! I'm done! I knew I couldn't trust you!" Bom moved as far away as she could from TOP. TOP tried to chase her but she moved away and left. 

And I've done all I can

To stand on the steps with my heart on my hand

One time, TOP visited Bom in her house to have a private talk with her. A talk that he always wanted to have. A talk that he never dared try. But now, seeing the circumstances their relationship was in, he figured that it was high time that talk came. 

"Baby, sit here with me and talk." said TOP. Bom sat close to him and listened to what he had to say.

"What is it baby?" she asked.

"There's something I've been meaning to ask you. I don't know if it'll come out right."

"What is it? Tell me." Bom said. TOP took a deep breath and sighed. He was preparing himself for the worst that could happen, given Bom's situation. 

"Is there something that's bothering you? Something that happened in the past? Because baby, your trust issues are getting worse. One day I heard from Ji Young that you were grilling him and the guys about our female friends. The other time I also heard from my secretary that she got into an argument with you because you found her number on my phone. Baby, what is wrong?"

Now I'm starting to see

Maybe it's got nothing to do with me.

Fathers be good to your daughters

Daughters will love like you do

Girls become lovers who turn into mothers

So mothers be good to your daughters, too.