Chapter 8

Lies

Lies Chp. 8

“Thinking,”

“Speaking,”

_____________________

It was quiet in the BTOB dorm…too quiet. Sungjae groggily cracked open an eyelid and peered around him, though only being able to see part of Ilhoon’s empty bed and his own sheets in front of his face. Rolling onto his back he stretched his arms and legs out like a cat then slowly sat up to get a better view of their sleeping quarters. Eunkwang, Ilhoon, and Minhyuk’s bed were all empty, and upon recalling their schedules, he was sure Hyunsik and Changsub were still sleeping in because they still had a few hours before they had anything to do.

Ilhoon has the first date today with hyung for our competition. But he has schedule for most of the day! Lucky me, cause I actually have schedule with Peniel hyung.  }:] And tomorrow is my day for the date! Ah this is so good, this week’s going to go by in a breeze and I’ll win hyung’s heart!

Looking over to Peniel’s bed, he let his eyes roam over the boy’s sleeping form under the mass of sheets and clothes on his bed. He chuckled a little to himself in amazement at the other’s sleeping habit, and then readied himself to climb down from his bunk. As he crawled over to the railing, Ilhoon walked in already dressed and ready for the day with a small bouquet in his hands. Not sparing a glance to the maknae, Ilhoon climbed up a little and placed the bouquet next to Peniel’s pillow. Climbing down again, this time in union with Sungjae, he then turned to leave.

And so it begins…

“What’s that for?” Sungjae asked voice low as they both walked out of the room.

Ilhoon turned to Sungjae with a grin, “It’s for Peniel obviously.”

“Well duh--”

“And that’s all you need to know.” Ilhoon said turning back around and walking to the door. He slipped his shoes on and opened the door to leave before turning back to Sungjae with a smirk.

“Hands off my boyfriend while I’m gone, okay,” he said then walked out the door on an irritated maknae.

That hyung! Acting cocky like Peniel is already his! Well…he kinda is…but still! I’ll make sure Peniel doesn’t choose him in the end!

“Good morning, Sungjae! Did Ilhoonie just leave?” Peniel greeted and questioned him happily as he walked out of their room. A small smile played on his lips as he held the bouquet in his hands keeping open the little note attached to it with his thumb.

“Yeah, he did. Why?” Sungjae questioned glancing at the bouquet with disdain.

Peniel shook his head slightly, smile still in place, and then turned to go to the restroom.

 “No reason.”

____________________

In the restroom, Peniel stood in front of the mirror smiling at himself. When he mentally woke up that morning, eyes still closed but brain working, he was debating on actually getting up because today was the official start of the little contest Ilhoon and Sungjae started, and he just knew his day was going to be hectic. However when he finally did open his eyes, he definitely didn’t imagine a bunch of flowers would be blocking his sight; let alone a bunch of flowers to him with a sweet good morning card. He then looked back down to the bouquet and read the little note attached.

~ Hyung, good morning <3

Since I won’t see you for most of the day, my world will be gloomy and grey. But please keep your bright smile on your face to light up the day. (I hope to see it when I get home, okay?)

Sincerely,

J. I. ~

He knew it was from Ilhoon by the initials, and couldn’t help but think that the younger boy might actually turn out to be a better boyfriend than he thought. Though Peniel doesn’t personally think his smile is all that great, when someone mentions his smile he can’t help but do it. Trying to hide it once again, Peniel then began to wash up and do his personal hygiene for the day. Once he finished, he took the bouquet and went to put on some clothes while thinking of what he could put the flowers in so they wouldn’t die.

Walking out of their changing room wearing a black and white checkered flannel shirt with the sleeves rolled to his elbows and a pair of dark jeans hanging from his hips, hair swept to the side, Peniel made his way to the kitchen to get some food and put the flowers in a jar.

_______________________

Hyunsik and Changseob, who had woken up while Peniel was getting ready, were in the kitchen along with Sungjae. The latter two, Changseob and Sungjae, were sat at the little table eating cereal while Hyunsik was making himself an omelette. As Peniel entered they all glanced at him then the bouquet in his hands.

“Morning hyungs,” Peniel greeted with a smile as he walked to the cabinets in search of a jar. (he knew they had one even though he didn’t know where it came from.)

“Morning, Peniel,” Hyunsik said wanting to ask about the flowers but knowing he wouldn’t have to.

“Good morning, Peniel! Where’d you get the flowers from?” Changseob asked curiously as he continued eating and watching the younger boy.

“Ilhoon left them for me! It’s so sweet of him I almost can’t believe it. Even though he is my boyfriend I didn’t know he could be so sweet.” Peniel said with a grin as he grabbed a jar hidden behind some cups in one of the cabinets.

Sungjae snorted and rolled his as he lifted his bowl to drink the remaining milk. Peniel glanced at him but didn’t say anything as he filled the jar with some water. Taking it and the flowers to the table, he set the jar on the table and the flowers inside the jar.

“That is surprisingly sweet,” Hyunsik said coming over to the table with his food as Sungjae got up and went to the sink. Taking the maknae’s spot, Hyunsik reached out for the little note stuck in the bouquet.

“Oh, hyung don’t read that!” Peniel said grabbing for the note but Hyunsik blocked his hand grinning.

“A note! What does it say?” Changseob asked smiling leaning over the table trying to get a glimpse of what it says.

Hyunsik didn’t read it outloud but when he finished he passed it to Changseob.

“Oh my gosh this guy is so corny! I’m totally going to make fun of him later!” Hyunsik laughed.

“Are you serious! This kid! I can do better than that!” Changseob said laughing as well at Ilhoon’s cheesy romantic lines.

“Hyung~,” Peniel whined in embarrassment for him and Ilhoon, “Hyung, please don’t make fun of him. It’s not often that we get to see him trying to be romantic.”

“Yeah, cause he’s not. I bet someone else wrote that for him or he copied it, there’s no way someone as unromantic as him could come up with whatever is on that card.” Sungjae said from his place at the sink. He was watching the others but didn’t move to go near them. Watching them fret over Peniel’s ‘boyfriend’ was starting to get on his nerves.

Hyunsik and Changseob quietly ate their food as they watched the sudden argument play out.

“Sungjae! Competition or not, you don’t have to talk bad about him. How would you even know if he’s romantic or not,” Peniel said not liking how Sungjae was acting.

Sungjae scoffed, “Yeah he’s been your boyfriend for what, two days, and that automatically lets you know that he’s sooo romantic. Seriously, hyung, you should know better than to think like that.”

 “Yah, Sungjae! Watch what you say, he’s not as unromantic as we think, and he’s still my boyfriend so don’t talk bad about him…” Peniel said looking at Sungjae not quite sure how to feel. He doesn’t want to be mad at him, but he also doesn’t want him bad mouthing Ilhoon.

“Yeah? Well when this is all over and I’m your boyfriend I hope you’ll defend me like that, too,” Sungjae said seriously and walked out of the kitchen.

The others were all quiet, not knowing what to say at the suddenly serious attitude.

“Well, alright then.” Changseob joked sarcastically with a light laugh.

Hyunsik just shook his head and continued eating as Peniel sighed and looked after the maknae.

What’s wrong with you?

______________________________________

Hi~

Sorry I’ve been away so long.  I’ve been really busy and also I’m having a little trouble writing. I know what idea I want to show, but it’s taking me some time to word it the way I want—that’s why this chapter is so short. Because I’m working more now, the chapters will probably keep being around this length for a bit, but hopefully I can make them longer again eventually.

Anyways, I hope you liked this and will stay tuned for the next reading (^.^)/

9fp7l2 (not the flowers I was thinking of but the only pic i could find of him with flowers)