Chapter 1 “You've gotta dance like there's nobody watching, Love like you'll never be hurt, Sing like there's nobody listening, And live like it's heaven on earth.” ― William W. Purkey

"Life is a happy song when there’s someone by your side to sing along." - The Muppets.

           tumblr_m1hj55IxDk1qijksmo1_500_large.png

(Roo)

 

Once my mom left the room I toppled over to grab my I-Phone which lay on my granite, light mahogany night stand. There were a few update notifications for a couple apps and two new messages that read; "Hey, I hope you're ready for today" and "Please don't be late". Oh AhRi always had to look out for her in fact it was AhRi who got her this job and might I mention it wasn't an easy thing to do. Let's just say that I love to sleep. 

           

After replying to the messages with a "no" and a "I won't be late I swear". I slopped out of bed with a huff and quickly threw on a thin long-sleeved peachy pink shirt, some light-colored jeans, and a pair of white flats. Which followed by me putting on a thin layer of make up and curling the ends of my long light brown hair. It was perfect timing too because my mom had just finished cooking me a lovely omelet with spinach and fruit which I ate quickly. I grabbed my black and white striped bag and car keys to head out as my mom and I said our quick "I love yous'" and "goodbyes". Hopping into my sleek black convertible 2014 Camaro I Put the key in and started the car. It didnt take but 15 minutes to reach the brand new coffee shop at which was now her new job.

            "WELCOME,WELCOME, WELCOME" AhRi sang so happily and joyfully you would think she was about to explode with colorful confetti insides.

            "Hey you haha" I laughed out because she looked so shocked to see that I actually showed up on time in fact, 5 minutes early.

            "You know you're early was it because I was here that made you come early" she said as she pulled me into a hug.

            "Yup and nope it was the fact that my mother woke me up 5 minutes early." 

            AhRi's smile turned into a pout as she then said " well either way you showed up and I'm proud that you're actually showing some intitiative."

           "Yeah I guess you could call it that if you wanted to."

3 Hours later (lunch break)

You know what this job isnt to bad the co-workers are nice and so are the customers I think I could get used to this. I thought about some more things for a little while untill I hear a knock at the coffee shop door. I peaked my head around to see who it was but he or she was hiding their face. I got up cautiously and moved to the door and opened it to tell who ever it was that it was lunch break and that they could come back later only to be shoved out-of-the-way.

           "Umm excuse me you aren't supposed to be here"

           "Look miss I'm just here to pick up a quick coffee for my friend and I'll be on my way. Okay?" The man said quite irritatedly.

I really shouldnt be doing this but I have a really big soft spot for people and how much trouble could it be to make just one coffee. "What'll it be?" I ask with a bright yet unsure smile.

          "Really" he said shocked that I gave in so easily.

          "Yes really what would your friend like but, I should warn you that I'm not supposed to help you and you should hurry out once i make your friend their coffee ok?."

          "Mmhmm one Americano please."

          "Alright then."

I made the coffee as quickly as possible even though I was new to this whole coffee-making business thing I sure did know my way around a coffee maker."Well here yah go, one Americano that'll be $3.50 please."

          "Thank you" he said as he quickly pulled out his wallet, payd and left.

Well he's a strange little dude even though he was pretty dang tall I thought to myself as AhRi burst through the door singing happily "Turn the lights off
sit back and relax your mind If you’ll be mine, I don’t need no more we just ride tonight, come on!" That is untill she realized i was standing behind the cash register."Uhm SeukHye what are you doing behind there you know if you need some money you can just borrow a few dollars from me."

          "No no no it's not like that I was just uhh helping a guy that came in a minute ago."

          "Oh you know once the shop is closed for breaks you can't do that."

          "Yeah I know it's just he seemed to be in a rush as if he couldn't be able to come back later so I thought well whats just one coffee yah know" I said shruging my shoulders and smiling that I know it was wrong but I had to smile.

          "Ughh what am I supposed to do with you and your big heart Kim SeukHye?" she said laughing back at me and my response.

         "Umm love it and embrace it."

         "Of course because how can I not" she said now laughing away.