Chapter 5

The Peeking Death

Another bloody scene was shown in front of them. Bad enough they’ve lost their leader, it’s like the killer doesn’t gave the girls to breath out the air ,again, the killer put on another scene… Eye Smilling Queen is the one now.

“Ti-Tiff…” Jessica cried slowly, she ran to Tiffany’s body. Tears were flowing down her cheek, same as other, she got no time to breath out in relax. This sudden death doubled her pain in her heart, why.. that was the only question that Jessica came up. Why? Why?

“Don’t! Nobody get closer to Tiffany Noona’s body. All of you, stand on the door!” Rei half-shouted wich startled Jessica. Jessica stopped and looked back at Rei in dissbelieve, but after looking at Rei’s serious face, Jessica nodded slightly and stood there.

Rei swung his legs and walked closer to Tiffany’s body. He examined Tiffany’s body closely, not forgetting to put on his prottective gloves. Then he checked on the cage and sigh, no clue for the killer.

“Sweety love bird. Can’t stand living without her lover,” Sunny muttered quietly. Rei heard that and turned his head immieadetadly toward Sunny’s direaction.

“What?” Rei asked, feeling interested at the sentence that Sunny muttered. Sunny find herself was dozing out and muttered that word accidentaly, she jumped lightly and panicked. That should be their little secret, about Taeyeon was dating Tiffany. She felt that she couldn’t tell Rei about that, she just can’t.

“Uhm… what… forget it,” Sunny said, looking down. Sooyoung seems to noticed Sunny’s panick mode, quickly she placed a hand behind Sunny’s back. The rest of the member also noticed it, their glances were on Rei and Sunny in a back an forth motion.

“No, tell me.. What is it?” Rei asked again, he insited to know what the reason behind Sunny’s words. He sent a serious glare towards the girls.

All the tears in the girls’ eyes dried up already, they were to tired to crying again anyway. They’re now more nervous, they don’t know if they should tell Rei about their little sweet secret. Yuri and Yoona was clearly unsure, they were scratching their nape while Sooyoung felt offended, she returned Rei’s glare.

“She said forget it, so you better did,” Sooyoung said, slightly annoyed. The girls was shocked by Sooyoung’s act, but their can’t agree more, they want to protect their secret even though the two love birds was gone.

Rei raised his eyebrows, his mind snapped again, “Clearly you’re holding secret right now… And let me guess it was about Taeyeon and Tiffany is dating,” the last sentence sent the girls to shocked. Rei rolled his eyes, “You think I can’t sense it? I’ve been observing for more than one month,” when the girls giving him silent as the answer, he rolled his eyes once again “Seriously.”

After having a light argument Rei sighed in frustation once again. For him, is fixed, whoever that kills the girls must be knowing them very deeply because he/she wrote the word ‘Sweety love bird. Can’t stand living without her lover.’ In the mysterious letter. And now it’s really represents the Taeyeon and Tiffany couple plus with the wooden cage that agruably one of the item that reinforce the word bird.

“Uhm..” suddenly Yoona faked a cough and broke the silence, she have already changed her clothes to the fresh one, leaving the red marked shirt in the basket. “Should we move Tiffany Unnie to the storage also?” she asked hesitantly, not because she afraid to ruin her shirt again, but it’s because the blade that jabbed through Tiffany’s neck seems hard to pull.

Rei looked at Yoona and shook his head, “No, leave the crime scene untouched please,” he said, finally his eyes was softent, still in his usual serious expresion.

“Crime Scene?” finally the maknae spoke up. Seohyun widen her eyes and agape, a hand is used to covered those mouth. Rei nodded as it was the most obvious scene. “What do you mean of crime scene? You think there are a killer that hunt us right now?” she said again with a shaking voice. She’s afraid, no, beyond afraid and she was mad to. Finally a single tear rolled down her cheek. When Yoona saw that, she immeadatly hugged Seohyun and comfort her only dongsaeng. Seohyun burried her face to Yoona’s neck immeadetadly after feeling the hug.

Seeing Seohyun like that, Rei release a sigh, he felt guily all of sudden, he shouldn’t mention crime scene earlier, he should protect them and that’s why he was hired before. But he failed, another gritted theeth came from Rei. He needed a correct word to describe this, a word that wouldn’t scare the girls, a word that still bring alertness to the girls.

“Uhm.. well maybe.. I’m not sure about that,” Rei lied, he knew, he knew perfectly that there were a killer out there or worst, in the midlle of them. The girls’ shoulder stiffen again, definitely not liking the idea, Rei sighed again, “Look, all of you go and wait at the living room, I’ll be there after I checked this room and this area,” he said, trying to assuring the girls.

“No! The living room store the memories of Taeyeon-Unnie, I can’t go there,” Seohyun argued, still sniffling and is slightly muffled by Yoona’s shirt while feeling the older girl cared her hair slowly.

Rei stood there for a second, he felt really sad to see Seohyun, the mature maknae became so phatetic and vulnerable when it comes to her Unnies. “Well then, go to the play room upstair, I’ll meet you there okay?” he said again after came up in a conclusion, he forced a smile just to comfort the girls.

Yoona nodded and lead Seohyun to the play room, still not letting go her arm from Seohyun’s shoulder, Hyoyeon trailed them quietly from behind. While Sunny walked with her head hung low, she felt guilty by her burst just now, but oh well, Rei knew it from the first place either. Sooyoung was walking beside Sunny, still putting her hand on Sunny’s back. Lastly, Yuri waited for Jessica at the door, when Jessica came, Yuri warped her arm around Jessica’s shoulder and rub it, trying to comfort Jessica again.

After the girls left, Rei fixed his gaze upwards again, catching that the atic door was open widely, lowing down his gaze, he find a rope attached to the cage. Slowly, he pulled down the stair to go to the atic and climbed it, after he got there he immeadetadly noticing the trick. There was no doubt in Rei now, the suspect is one of the Soshi girl, or two or worst.

He ruffled his hand to his blonde hair and sat on the floor carelessly, a deep sigh escaped from his mouth. And that was the time when he promised to himself that he should be extra careful now, and never let his guard down and observed everyone equally without biased, even Seohyun… no, he wouldn’t fall for any tears now. And th most important, he couldn’t give up, because when a detective gave up, the case will getting harder.


They gathered in the play room quietly, no one dared to talk, no one have the urge to making a conversation, they just sitting in a circle waiting for Rei. Even though Seohyun’s sniffle was reduced, she still had her head burried in Yoona’s neck crane.

After 15 minutes of a complete silence beside Seohyun’s sniffs, the door knob made the familiar voice announcing that someone had entered the room. Rei’s head popped from the door, he saw that all the girls were still drowning in their sorrowness and sadness, even though some notice him like Yoona and Hyoyeon but they seem to ignored his presents. For the nth time of the night, he sighed again. Without excuse, he placed him self at the outer circle.

Not knowing what word should he said, he sat there for a moment. One wrong move than it’s over, one wrong word than the suspect will run away, one wrong thing and it will be supicious. After pondering for a while, he couldn’t find any good word to put on, so he decided to be half straightfoward and half hide it.

“Uhm.. Noona, can I get your attention please,” he said carefuly, watching every respond, unfortunately for Rei, there’s no weird movement that shown by the girls. They just nodded and shifted their gaze to Rei.

“Don’t get me wrong, but I would like to know what do you do in the mean time?” he asked carefuly. Still no sign of wierdness, it all just so normal.

Hyoyeon immiedetadly sense that Rei is eyeing on them, but she tried to shrug it off.. “Maybe he just asking, who knows that one of us saw the killer,” she thought.

“Yuri Noona, you first,” Rei said, gesturing Yuri to speak. Yuri sighed and nodded.

“I was at my room with Sica and Yoong, we didn’t go anywhere until the high pitch voice was heard beside our room,” Yuri explained briefly. In her embrace, there’s still a crying Jessica, even though it’s not really crying, just silently drowning in sadness.

Rei nodded, but he didn’t stop there, “Do you see any weird sound or figure or anything unusual?” he asked again. Again, Yuri sighed.

 “No nothing, and I’m sure Sica doesn’t saw any thing too, right Sica?” she said,  slightly looking at the girl in her embrace. Jessica gave a small nod as the replied. “But I don’t know about Yoona, she’s at the bathroom, changing,” she explained again.

Rei shifted his gaze to Yoona, Yoona picked up the message. She shook her head, “No I didn’t see anything or heard anything,” she answered.

Rei once again nodded, he continued asking the girls. And for his dissapointment, there’s no clue, no supicious accident, no nothing. He sighed, finally he excuse himself to his room, not forgetting to warn the girls to not going anywhere and stay there.

Once Rei exited the room, Sooyoung release a huge sigh. She nudge on Hyoyeon’s rib gently, Hyoyeon immideatadly gave her full atteintion to Sooyoung.

“He clearly suspect us,” Sooyoung blurt that word out, she’s annoyed mixed with angry. She doesn’t like at all, first there’s an accident happen, it was bad enough already, now, their used to be hope was turning his back away from them. They used to trust Rei, the once believed that Rei was their only hope, but it’s all crumbled right now.

Hyoyeon nodded. “We can’t trust him anymore I guess,” Hyoyeon added. A raised eyebrows greeted her, “What, he could be the killer, no one knows right,” she continued.

To be honest, Hyoyeon wasn’t wrong.. there could be a possiblelities that Rei is the murder, but they can’t be sure either. Just when they were drowning in a deep thought at what just Hyoyeon uttered, other idea was uttered by somebody else.

“Or it could be us…” and for their surprise, the one who said that was Seohyun. Reliesing what she just say, Seohyun immideatadly taking it back, “No… I don’t mean suspecting you Unnie… I just say there’s a possiblelities… It couldn’t be us rigth??” she said, she seek to Yoona for help as she looked to Yonna’s eyes. Yoona nodded in agreements.

“Right, there’s no way it’s us,” Yoona said giving the final word. Seohyun mouthed ‘thank you’ to Yoona, Yoona smiled and pulled the younger girl to a tighter hug and comfort her.

Silence again, no doubt, they’re all agree with Yoona and Seohyun. They trust eachother more than they trust Rei.

“Well then, we should escape now,” Hyoyeon uttered. All eyes once again landed on her. “Look, if we want to go from this… let’s just say hell… we should go or call someone,” she said.

“No, we can’t call anybody. The signal was cut down by someone, I’ve checked it,” Jessica said with her phone in her hand, releasing a deep sigh.

“Then we should go,” Sunny joined. She wanted to get out from there as soon as posible, forgetting about the fact that it’s a forst out there and posibillities of a killer. But she couldn’t stand staying at the vila either with a bitter memories.

“Pfft, like Rei would allow us,” Sooyoung mocked. And a nog she receive.

“Then, runaway from him, now is the chance.. his not here,” Yoona said, she paused for a bit, “Let’s devided into groups, me Yuri Unnie and Jessica Unnie will stay here. We are the one who going to convice Rei. Sooyoung Seohyun and Sunny can go to the forest, avoid the main road because someone could see you there, keep hiden. Keep walking until you found a police station or whatever that helps, explain your condition and rescue us as fast as you can.” She explained her just-made plan.

Sounds good to everyone because they’re now nodding their head exept one, “Uhm… the forest might be to dangerous, I’ll take Seohyun’s place,” Hyoyen said, slightly worried for her maknae.

“No, you’ll be their backup… you know, when something that we hoped happen to her. Because you ran the fastest here,” Yoona said again, and this time Hyoyeon agreed.

Another silence again, the forest team, still hasitate to make their move. Sooyoung and Sunny was staring at their lap while Seohyun gently pulled away from Yoona’s embrace. Feeling the silence it’s to uncomfortable, Sooyoung tried to joke once but failed instantly.

“Well, let’s go,” Sunny said firmly, she took Sooyoung’s hand and Seohyun’s hand together and walked like a mother of the ducks. The three made their way to the door and stopped for a second, inhaling deeply before exhaled.

“Be careful,” The other four said in a low voice.

And just by then they left the room with a final low slam at the door. Jessica exhaled the breath that she held for a while and pulled away from Yuri’s embrace. The room was quiet, too quite maybe, they even can heard a low footsteps at the stair and they asume it was the forest team. The sound of an opening door was next to be heard… the team had gone out from the vila.

They still can hear the low grunching soung that made by the stepped leaves and branches, Hyoyeon mentally noted herself what direction the forest team go just in case she have to chase them down.

1o minutes passed… no weird sign.

15 minutes ticked by… still calm and peaceful room.

20 minutes… Jessica getting bored of waitting, she eventually played with Yuri’s hair for her boredsome. And quick enough, Yoona followed. While Yuri and Hyoyeon still stiff, praying hard in their heart that they had sucseed.

25 minutes passed… there were a hope in their mind, but also worried. They hope the forest team already pass and found a place, or at least already got out from the killer teritory without getting noticed.

30 minutes… all the motion was mixed up. They were slightlyh confused where is Rei, but they ignored it, considering it’s not that important.

33 minutes… 34 minutes… 35 minutes… eventualy they counted every minute of it.

36 minutes….. the curtains were pulled again by the killer perharps.

.

.

A loud screams can be heard in the forest, they don’t know, a horror scream? A scared scream? A joyful scream? They have no idea. The only thing they knew it was, the screams was coming from the three girls’ mouth.

 

 

Loud scream marked round two has started.

 


 

(A/N) Hi, this is the update. I think I've failed... Btw I will go to hiatus since this story getting harder to write -_-. Well, hope you enjoy it and most  important thank you~. -huskylover