Chapter 8

The Annoying Boy Next Door

 

I swear that if it wasn't for Ms. Rogers I would have kicked that bastard's face. I mean just seeing his face annoys the heck out of me. Oh and who would be happy if you were asked to go to the supermarket so early in the morning just for this egoistic dude? I swear I could have smacked him right there because he kept on flashing his mischievous smile on me.

"So sweetie, where are your parents?" Ms. Rogers asked as she grabbed some vegetables and L.Joe quickly helped her on carrying it to the cart.

"Oh, they're in Korea." He smiled at her and she nodded her.

"Are they going to come here and visit you?"

"Um, I don't think so Ms. Rogers. They're kind of busy with their work."

"Ah, I see. If you ever need any help, you can always go look for me or ask Stacy." I quickly frowned when she said that but luckily she didn't see it.

"Hmmm, do you like fruits? What do you usually eat in Korea?" She asked him.

The two of them were conversing like I wasn't even with them, like I was just tagging alone. He would smile at her from time to time.

I scoffed as I knew that the smile that he gave wasn't a genuine one.

"Oh Stacy dear, do you have anything to say?" Ms. Rogers asked as she turned to look at me.

"Nothing Ms. Rogers." I awkwardly laugh. "I was just talking to myself."

L.Joe chuckled at me and I quickly glared at him which she caught me doing.

"Stacy, you should be nice to L.Joe." She said as she shook her head disappointingly at me and continued walking. 

"Hmmm, do you like fruits? What do you usually eat in Korea?" She asked him.

L.Joe followed behind her with a huge smile plastered on his face, basically enjoying seeing me annoyed.

Pretending to be nice when he is not. I gritted my teeth as I imagined throwing daggers at his back.
I don't even know why Ms. Rogers is grocery shopping for him. I followed behind them and I was trying hard not to make any rash comments every time he said something or done something nice.

"Stacy, aren't you going to buy something?" She asked, finally remembering that I was there with them.

"Um no, I just bought groceries the other day." I smiled at her and she nodded her head as she finished her grocery shopping.

"As you are a new tenant, I would be cooking for you later on."

"Ah, no need to do that." L.Joe quickly declined her offer.

"Don't worry, it's totally fine." She said and patted his back. "Stacy, you don't mind helping me cook for L.Joe do you?"

I wanted to say no and make up some lame excuse but I ended up agreeing.

 

"What's with the face princess? Shouldn't you be happy that you get to spend some time with me?" He asked and I quickly glared up at him causing him to grin in delight. He walked away then went to help Ms. Rogers with the cutting.

"Oh such a nice boy. And talk about handsome too. I bet a lot of girls in your school are crushing over you."

I gagged when she said that. What? Nice? She should have seen how he rejected that Minah girl then she wouldn't be calling him nice. I wouldn't deny the fact that he's handsome but his attitude is not something you can call nice.

I had this urge to pour a whole bottle of vinegar on the soup that was boiling. But I told myself not to since Ms. Rogers is watching.

 

L.Joe went towards me as I was cutting the meat.

"What do you want?" I asked him and pointed the knife that I was holding at him.

"Woah. Woah. I was just going to ask if you need any help but I guess you wouldn't be needing it then."

"Stop trying to be nice okay? The show is already over. Ms. Rogers isn't around anymore." I told him and started cutting the meat again.

As I was busy looking up at him while cutting, I accidentally cut my finger. I winced in pain and bit my bottom lip.

L.Joe quickly looked at me and grabbed my wrist to look at my cut, but I tried to break loose from his grip but he just gripped harder. He quickly grabbed my finger and placed my finger on his lips.

"Yah! What are you doing?!?" I shouted and used my free hand to hit him.

He let go of my hand and grabbed something from one of the cabinets. He opened the first aid kit, grabbed a bandaid and placed it on my cut.

"Could you please stop being so careless?" He looked at me. "I don't have to look after you right?"

"Thanks but I didn't ask you to look after me or anything."

"By the way, why are you still even here?" He asked as he raised an eyebrow at me. "Your show is also over, isn't it? She's not here anymore."

He's right. What am I even doing in here? Ms. Rogers isn't here anymore then why do I have to cook for this dude?

I quickly took washed my hands on the sink and wiped my hands on the towel beside it.

"I'm going." I told him.

"Admit it. You like me, don't you?" He smirked and I glared.

And for a second back there, I thought he was nice but I'm taking that back.

"Ugh. You are so full of yourself." I gave him a disgusted face and left his house while slightly banging his door close.

My phone vibrated in my jean pocket and I grabbed it out to check who texted me. As I saw that specific name on my phone, I quickly smiled. It was Mark and he was just checking how my day is going.

I would have sent: Oh it's horrible. Ms. Rogers made me do all sorts of things for some arrogant dude.

But I ended up saying this: It's good haha. How about you? How's your day tuna?

I mean, honestly, my day just went from I-HATE-THIS-DAY to a fantastic one because just seeing Mark's name on my phone made me feel giddy.

Oh and yes, I call him tuna because his last name is Tuan, which makes him a tuna. He likes it. Kidding, he actually hates it that's why he's still thinking of a funny yet much worse nickname for me.

My phone buzzed again and I quickly read his message.

Hmmmm... I don't feel so good today... Hangout with me so that I'll cheer up!

My heart thumped excitedly and I quickly went inside my house to change my clothes.

And I hate to admit it but... I think I'm starting to like Mark Tuan.

 


 

Note: MIAHNE ㅠㅠ I didn't get to update last month.. I was really busy... Anyway, hope you like this chapter! Do comment cause comments are loved! :") Will try to update as soon as I can~ Thank you for being patient my readers, I love you <3