Chapter 13

The Annoying Boy Next Door

 

"Hey Stacy!" Someone grabbed me by the arm and turned me around. I snapped out of my daze and finally found myself staring right into his eyes which was full of worry, I couldn't utter a word for a moment since I felt his other arm was tightly wrapped around my waist. "Are you okay?"

"Hmm..?" I finally managed.

"You almost got yourself hit, what were you thinking about that got you so distracted to your surroundings?" He asked, the worry lines on his forehead still not vanishing.

"Me?" I looked around and saw that I was on the other side of the street already. "I don't remember crossing the street.."

"I was calling your name for about five times already but you didn't seem to hear. But are you okay? Did you get hurt or anything?"

"I'm fine. I'm fine." I told him and looked down to his arm. He seemed to notice where I was looking at and finally realized that he was still holding onto me so he let go.

The awkward silence came in after that, I let out a breath and finally started, "Ummm.. Mark.. about the other day.. I'm sorry for leaving you at the cafe.. I was just.."

"No, it's totally fine. Is that what you were thinking about so much a while ago? On how you should talk and apologize to me?" He chuckled cutely, making me want to pinch his cheeks and hug him.

"Yeaaah.." I said and bit my bottom lip. "Sorry for not apologizing to you after our date.."

"I told you, it's okay. God you're so cute." He said in his all cutesy voice and started pinching my cheeks.

"Yah! Stop that! You know how much I hate it when you pinch my cheeks." I said as I jokingly slapped his hand away.

"I know and I just want to annoy you so that we're all good." He said, flashing his adorable smile. "I think we've been standing here for too long, other people are starting to look at us so I think we should go?"

"Yeah we should." I said and walked next to him to school. "Oh and Mark.. I just want you to know that L.Joe and I aren't dating or in some kind of relationship.. We're just neighbors, that's all."

"Ummm hmmm.." He said in mocking tone as he nodded his head, he didn't seem to believe what I said since he made a face at me.

"It's true. I don't even like him. And plus," I stopped for a moment, thinking if I should confess my feelings for him already. I gathered all my courage that I have and let out a shaky breath as I started. "You see.. the guy that I like is y-"

"Hey, why so serious? I was kidding! Course I believe you! I was just teasing you cause you looked so cute when you're all confused lol." He chuckled, his unique laugh that  I adore so much spread through my ears like music.

The two of us walked beside each other comfortably, me making jokes and he would laugh wholeheartedly at each one of them even though I knew it wasn't that funny. As when we reached school, I bid Mark goodbye since our classrooms were from opposite sides but he insisted on walking me to my classroom. His excuse was that he wants to go exercise so that he wouldn't sleeping later at class.

I wondered how he could ace his exams when all he does in class is sleep or either listen to music with his earphones. But then again, L.Joe is also like him, sleeping in class, not paying attention and just zoning out but still manages to get good grades. Me, on the other hand, already listening attentively in class yet still flunking most of my exams. They must be some sort of new technology based robots.

"Goodbye Mark." I said as I turned around to stop him before he could even step a foot inside my classroom.

"What?"

"Go to class you freaking tuna. You're not planning on cutting are you?" I eyed him carefully.

"Course not. Just wanted to walk you to class."

"And you did that already, so.. bye." I told him and head into class.

I felt him following behind me and I turned around again, facing him. "Mork Tuna." But he didn't seem to hear since his mind seemed to be off somewhere.

I noticed him looking around in the classroom as if looking for someone so I asked. "Who are you looking for?"

"Hmm?" He finally turned to me.

"Are you looking for someone?"

"Haha. No. Anyway, I'm going to class now. See you later Staco." He said and left.

"I told him not to call me that." I gritted my teeth and head towards my seat.

L.Joe was already there, his eyes trailing me as I sat down on my seat, I turned to look at him and he quickly turned to look at the other side.

I looked at the board as Mr. Pua came into class and started discussing some linear equations in front of class. I stared blankly at the board and started thinking about how L.Joe and I would even get to do the dance when we're not good terms right now, well we never were in good terms but now, it just became worst.

I decided to talk to him after class ends regarding the dance and do some of the dance steps together.

"Miss Choi." Mr. Pua called my attention. "I know that Mr. Lee's face is more interesting than this lesson but if I were you, I would be more interested in passing my exams than stare at my seatmate."

"I-I- I wasn't staring." I quickly defended as my cheeks heated up from all the stares that my classmates were giving me.

"Damn it." I mouthed but unluckily for me, Mr. Pua caught what I said and since he was kind enough to punish me, he decided to sent me out of class.

Mr. Pua smiled at me, "Congratulations Miss Choi, you just earned yourself a ticket out of my class."

I groaned as I grabbed my backpack from the floor and went out of the classroom, not even bothering to look at what L.Joe's expression would be like or if he even cared to look up at me.

As I was walking in the hallway, I kicked one of the walls and groaned, "Aish. What is that bald headed guy's deal really? Why does he always pick on me? Ugh."

I heard a cough from my back and I quickly straightened up, thinking it was the principal, patrolling the hallways to check if there were students cutting class.

"Um.. Mrs. Lee.. You see my.." I started as I turned but quickly sighed in a relief when I saw that familiar person.

"Yah. You scared me. I thought you were the principal." I told him and he laughed.

"What are you doing outside class?" We asked both at the same time.

"Me? Our teacher's absent so everyone is practically out of the classroom right now. How about you? You seem irritated." He chuckled.

"Mr. Pua kicked me out of class."

"Really? Why?"

"For cursing."

"I thought Stacy Choi was a good role model student, turns out she isn't after all. She's more like a gangster to be exact." Mark teased.

"Not funny tuna. Not funny." I glared at him making him even laugh more.

"By the way, I have this competition coming up..." He said as he took out some tickets from his pocket and handed the tickets to me.

I looked at the tickets and my eyes rounded, "I didn't know you dance??"

He scratched the back of his neck and shyly looked at me. "It's tomorrow night and I just want you to come and watch me, that is if you are free."

"I am totally free." I told him, biting down the excitement that I was feeling deep inside.

"Great! Oh and I prepared an extra ticket for Hannah cause I know how much you hate it when you're alone."

"Well, it's not that I hate it.. and I think I'll be fine cause you're there anyway.." I said. "But okay, I'll ask Hannah if she wants to go."

"Awesome! See you tomorrow! Hope you two could come." He said. "Anyways, I gotta go now, Jackson asked me to meet him right now. And you know how impatient that guy is."

"Yeah I know, see you tuna!" I smiled as he ran out of the school hallway.

I looked down at the tickets that I was holding in my hands and smiled, I placed it in my chest where my fast beating heart was and happily giggle at the thought of tomorrow.

 

 

 


Note: Hello, I'm sorry it took me so long to update but univ is seriously killing me especially accounting ;___________; but anyway, i finally updated with chapter 13! hope you guys like this and please do leave comments to tell me what you guys think about this chapter!! c: