Dance with me?

Nothing is certain but death

 

Finally I was standing in front of the ‘B.A.P dance studio’ it was a small building painted in green with a sign similar to the flyer, in conclusion it was a simple place nothing extravagant but still in good condition.

I entered to be greeted by a good looking young man.

“Hi, what can I do for you?” the man asked brightly.

“I’m looking for someone who can teach me dancing but I have not much budget and I wanted to know how much does it cost to dance here and what kind of dance do you teach, and maybe the schedules because it wasn’t implicit on the flyer?”.

“Well the cost is reasonable for students so you don’t have to worry about it, the schedules are also made for students because our teacher are also students and by the kind of dance we teach, I’ll let you find out by yourself” The man explained not answering any of my questions “Follow me, I’m Himchan by the way” he said walking out of the counter and walking toward the only door in the room I followed him before I start wondering if I should.

All my doubts faded away the moment I stepped into that practice room and saw there a bunch of young man and woman dancing street dance better known as break dance, I have always enjoyed watching people doing breakdance but I never imagined learning it myself. The thought overwhelmed me.

“Well as you can see we teach street dance, but if you are not ready for this yet we also have a hip-hop class, you can stay and look at it this one is about to end” Himchan explained smiling at my astonished face.

I just nodded not taking my eyes off the dancers specially a certain dancer whose face I can’t see but his dancing skills were amazing I bet he’s the best of the class, his moves and stunt were precise, stylized and strong yet so smooth, I was getting hypnotized just by looking him dance.

“Follow me we will wait until the hip-hop teacher arrives” The receptionist said guiding me out the room not before giving a last glance at the prodigy dancer.

“ Okay the hip-hop class is given from 7 to 9 pm from Monday to Saturday and it has a cost of 28,000 won per month-“ the receptionist was explain me about the hip-hop class but I interrupted him because I wasn’t interested.

“No, I’m sorry but I want to join break dance class instead” I said with a newborn wish of dance like the people in that room.

“Good usually we don’t have so much brave costumers wanting to learn break dance, everything is the same but this is given from 5 to 7 pm, do you want to sign?” Himchan said smiling taking out a pen and a paper, in that moment someone came out of the practice room it was the dancer I couldn’t take my eye off and now I understand why, now that I could see his face I noticed he was actually really young but with a manly face and body  the sweat in his face made his brown lock stick on his face making it hard to look away, even with a body made for the gods he had a really sweet smile and tiny eyes that closed when he smile.

“Himchan hyung I have finished for today is there something else I can do?” the y boy asked smiling at the receptionist.

“No Jonguppie that’s it for today, you can go home,  oh by the way Jonguppie this boy here wants to join your class but he’s hesitant please convince him to join us” Himchan said to the boy who smiled at me making my heart skip a beat.

“Hi nice to meet you I’m Moon Jongup the teacher of the break dance class I would like if you could join us I promise you won’t regret it” The boy now known as Jongup introduced shaking my hand that boiled at the contact with his skin.

“Okay I’m leaving, I have a lot of homework to do, see you tomorrow” Jongup said and gave a last smile before getting out of the building leaving me hanging in cloud 9.

“So are you joining us?” Himchan asked from behind bringing me back to earth, I didn’t think it twice and signed the paper, I could feel Himchan mocking at me but I didn’t care.

“Thank you for joining us Mr. Zhang Yixing, when would you like to start?” Himchan asked looking at the paper I signed.

“Tomorrow”.

 

 

 

 

 

 

As I promised I came back the next day even when Jongdae tried to stop me he said it was dangerous but I didn’t give a , the dancers I saw yesterday gave me a new motivation to keep moving, and leave all the bull I had to live last month behind of course I was lying myself not wanting to admit the real reason I decided to join that school.

My confidence flew away the moment I stepped on the practice room and all the other dancers mostly boys with better bodies than mine looked at me with curiosity.

“Oh Hi I’m glad you came, come here” And there he was again, Jongup told me to join him at the front of the class I still can’t believe he’s the teacher.

“I didn’t hear you name yesterday, so please introduce yourself” He told me with his warm smile.

“Hi my name is Yixing, please take care of me” I did as I was told and bowed politely.

“Good, nice to meet you Yixing please take a place wherever you want” the instructor said and I did as he told me, I was feeling nervous but when I started looking for a place to use, the rest of the class started giving me cheering phrases such as “Good luck Yixing” or “Welcome Yixing” and that raised my mood, it was so different from the dance club at school there everybody would look at me with envy and never say a word to me.

“Since it’s the first class for Yixing today we’ll see the basics” The instructor said as I found my place in the middle.

 

 

 

After five weeks of attending at the B.A.P studio after school I feel in love with the break dance even if at the beginning was hard as hell I was finally starting to make good things and became so much more flexible that I thought I was. I also learned some things about the people in the studio Himchan and Yongguk are the owners of the school, they have two teachers Junhong the hip-hop teacher and of course Jongup the break dance teacher both were younger than me for a almost three years, my pride melted when I discovered that, but I let it pass.

I also managed to make good friends like Daehyun and Youngjae there were also Jackson and Mark the best of the class after Jongup in my opinion, I was close to everybody even to Jongup even though I saw how close he was with Junhong, the hopes I didn’t know I have broke but even so, I couldn’t take my eyes off him, the later has found me staring at him but he just smile at me like saying ‘come on keep looking’ it was so embarrassing, it was so hard to concentrate when I had that body that was begging me to touch it and that face that was asking to be kissed and spoiled.

“Okay that’s it for today guys see you tomorrow” Jongup announced and everybody started to pick up his stuff, so did I. I was saying my goodbyes to my classmates to take my way back to the campus when someone stopped my track I turned to see who it was never expecting it was Jongup.

“Yixing wait”

“Yes teacher what happens?”

“Don’t call me like that, we are not at class anymore, just call me Jongup” he said with a little pout I giggled at his cuteness. “Anyway I was wondering if you have something to do right now?” he asked shyly looking at his hands.

“No I don’t I was just going back to the campus, why?” I said pointing at the direction it was.

“Well I was wondering if… you would.. Like to take a coffee with me” he asked shyly looking at me with a nervous smile.

“Me? Really?...sure” I answered enthusiastically when I remembered something “ But wait what if  Junhong gets mad?” I asked this time I was lowering my eyes.

“Why would he get mad, he’s the one that suggested me to ask you out” he said and my soul came back to my body making me feel warm once more.

“But I thought you both were… you know…” I said wanting to confirm the situation.

“What no no no ew no, I love Junhong but as a brother, he’s my best friend” Jongup explained and I couldn’t believe what I was hearing I broke my own illusions before knowing the reality. That’s a habit you get when you lose a lot of things in a short lap of time.

 “So Yixing hyung would you go out with me?” the younger asked raising his hand to me.

“Let’s go” I answered exited taking his hand in mine.

 

 

 

 

 

After the ‘date’ with Jongup I learned so much things about him and so he learned a lot about me like my failed relationship with Jongin, I ended up having a really good time with him he even walked me to the campus, there was no time we would feel uncomfortable next to each other, Jongup was a really quiet yet easygoing boy, but there is always a dark side of the moon.

I found out that has to work on the B.A.P studio because of his mother, she’s I’ll and the money his father gets is not enough for her treatment.

“Yah where have you been?, why are you smiling like an idiot?” Jongdae yelled me the moment I stepped in our dorm and made me noticed the smile I didn’t know was still there.

“I had a date” I said simply without detour, still smiling and whining.

“what? With who?” Jongdae changed his mood in a second demanding to know.

“Remember I told you about a Jongup?”

“Your instructor?”

“Yes, is him”

“Woaah,  but wait didn’t you tell me he was younger?” Jongdae asked suddenly losing his excitement.

“Yeah, is that bad?” That made Yixing think about it, he has dated younger boys before but Jongup was younger by 3 years.

“No, not at all, I’m so glad for you, you are finally forgetting about that Jongidiot” Jongdae said enthusiastic.

“Neh I haven’t think about him until you named him” Yixing said faking depression.

“Oh my god, I’m so sorry it wasn’t my intention” Jongdae apologized feeling guilty for reminding him his ex-boyfriend, when Yixing smirked showing he was just acting.

“I was just kidding”

“Yah why you play with my feelings like that, you brat!!”

“I also have something to tell you” Jongdae changes the topic. “Kris the super tall and handsome painter asked me out as well” He confessed giggling, I was so happy for him, he has had a crush with Kris Wu since first saw him.

They laughed and chatted until late at night, which have been happening frequently since Yixing joined the B.A.P studio. And even if he was feeling sad about what happened with Jongin he could erase those thoughts easily every time certain dance instructor appeared in his mind.

 

 

 

 

 

Days and weeks kept going on and I always waited with anxiety the moment to get dismiss of my classes to rush to the B.A.P studio where I was always welcomed by smiles and greeting from everybody, even I have managed to get closer to Himchan. I thought I was happy when I was part of the college’s dance club, but the truth is that I have never been as happy as I am right now, and to be honest I have never imagined I will find my place in a place like this, where almost all the students are underground artists, some of them with really dark pasts but always kind and cheerful because it doesn’t matter what kind of art you make, an artist will always find the beauty of the world through his eye or his ears, some other through their hands and some others like us through dancing.

A month ago Bang Yongguk one of the owners of the studio started rapping classes imparted by himself, I was curious about their class but unfortunately I couldn’t neglect my duties as a student.

I’m not as useless as I used to be in break dance, the hardest move I can do is an ‘Air chair’ but that’s better than nothing.

Jongup and I kept dating frequently, every day I find him even more fascinating and sweet, and cute, and handsome and talented and… anyway we are nothing official yet but, who needs formalities these days, as Jongdae says the deal will be sailed whit your first kiss.

Yeah that’s right we haven’t kissed yet, but even if my mind keeps begging me to kiss him every time I’m in front of those tempting lips of him, I don’t want to hurry him because he’s still young.

 

 

 

 

“You are late” Himchan welcomed me with his typical phrase and smile, I just smiled him back and entered the practice room.

“Yixing hyung, pale we are about to start” An hyper Jonguppie said as soon as he saw me and gave one of his priceless smiles that kept making me feel like melting inside even after all this time.

I rushed to take my place and started making some Toprock moves to warm up, moving to the foot work where I need most of my concentration or I could end up tripping with my own feet. To my misfortune I was trying my best to make some c-walk when the biggest distraction past in front of me, I couldn’t avoid looking at his attractive self and ended up tripping with my own feet. I was expecting the impact with the floor but it never came, Jongup held me with one hand on my waist and the other around my upper arm.

“Are you okay hyung?” he asked slightly worried helping me stand up.

“Yes I just need a better coordination” I answered shyly scratching my nape with my left hand.

“Hyung you have won some muscle lately, that’s a good sign, soon you could be able to make some Power moves or even Freeze” He genuinely said grinning making me feel like a tomato, he never notice that all his nice manners made me go crazy, he had no idea how he made me feel, he was really oblivious of the effects he had on me, and that made me crazy.

 

After the class I waited Jongup outside the building, since his house is on the same way as the campus he will always walk me to the door, and we will talk about our day or some other anecdotes.

“Hyung sorry for making you wait for so long” He apologized with a tiny pout.

“You didn’t” I assured him with a grin. “Now let’s go, it’s getting late”

“Wait hyung, I want to show you something first, don’t worry it won’t take too long” He said cheerfully holding my hand guiding me down the street, it was so nice having his hand in mine felt so soft, warm and tender I didn’t want to stop but of course it stopped when we arrived at a coffee shop, at first I thought we were going to buy something but we just stood outside in front of the window.

“Look” he said signaling at an advertisement in the window, I read it as he told me to.

‘SEOUL DANCE CONTEST’

Anybody can participate

  • Just duets.
  • Any style of dance is allowed
  • Original choreography
  • No cover.

 Prizes:

  1. A dance studio & ₩800,000
  2. ₩800,000
  3. ₩500,000

 

It was an advertisement for a dance contest.

“Why did you wanted me to see this?” I asked confused at the smiling boy.

“Can’t you see?, Yixing hyung I want you to dance with me in this contest please” He begged holding my hand again.

“What? Why?”

“Some weeks ago Yongguk hyung and Himchan hyung told me, that the lessor of the building where the school is threatened them to throw them if they didn’t pay the rents of the pasts months, the school is doing good but it’s not enough to pay all the needs of the studio, and they told me that if they couldn’t find enough money to pay all the liabilities they will have to close the school” Jongup explained with now a sad face, that made me feel sad as well.

“But why don’t they just increase the price of the classes?” I asked again.

“You don’t understand hyung, most of those guys have no money to afford it. Yongguk hyung and Himchan hyung opened the school to help young people to find a better style of life, a better option away of drugs, alcohol and delinquency, the school changed  the life of those guys, including mine, I don’t know where would I be right now if Yongguk hyung didn’t help me a couple years ago. That’s why I want to participate in this contest, I want to win the prize so the B.A.P studio can keep running and receiving new students” Jongup explained with teary eyes but a lot of determination to fulfill his commitment. I just wanted to hug him so hard and encourage him for having such a precious heart.

“That’s so sweet Jonguppie and I know you can win this, but why me? I am not as good as you, I would just ruin your dance” I expressed looking at my feet, I felt so useless for not been good enough to help him.

“What are you saying hyung ? you could never ruin my dance on the contrary since I met you I can dance better and never say you are not good, maybe you are still learning break dance but you have something I don’t have”

“What is it?”

“Passion, I can feel what you feel every time you dance, you are smooth and elegant while I am just rude and aggressive, that’s why I need you to dance with me because you bring me calm and you give me strength, because I swear you that every time I see your eyes I feel like I can do whatever I want” Jongup sweetly said looking at my eyes I knew he was telling the truth but again when have he told me a lie?, “Yixing hyung would you dance with me please?” He asked me holding both of my hands in his closing the distance between us with his beautiful eyes.

Then I made the mistake to look at his lips those tempting pink lips, I couldn’t help it anymore and just kissed him, it was a short but exquisite kiss, it totally worth to wait.

“Is that a yes?” He asked shyly touching his lips with his fingers.

“of course” I answered I couldn’t say no to Moon Jongup, he hugged me and giggled at my ear happy for my answer, after all as long as I’m with him what’s the worst that can happen?.

We resumed our way home still holding hands while walking.

“Xing hyung”

“mmhh?...”

“You stole my first kiss”

“…”

“But I forgive you, it had your name anyway”.

“<3”