Thank you for the present

Nothing is certain but death

The followed weeks Jongup and I spent an extra hour after break dance class together after the school is closed to create a choreography good enough to win a competition, since both styles are so different we decided to mix them and create a smooth hip hop choreography with basic break dance moves, but even if we tried our best during rehearsals there were always moments when one will stare at the other creating an awkward atmosphere an moments when one will became really touchy towards the other, that’s how I discovered Jongup was really ticklish and hearing his adorable giggles is priceless, I was having a happy life once again, after Jongin broke with me I thought I could never be able to recover from that, but then Jongup came and proved me wrong, I never imagined I would forget about Jongin so fast, but the truth is that his name hurts me less with every day I spend with Jong up and I owe him that, I want to make him happy the way he does with me.

I was eating lunch at the campus’ canteen along with Jongdae and his new boyfriend Kris Wu, anybody would think this those two were completely opposite from each other but after meeting Kris deeper I found out he’s also a troll just like Jongdae so there is no one better for my best friend that him.

Right now both of them were just being cheesy with each other ignoring me completely but I let it pass for now, I was busy eating and immerse texting with Jongup when someone started yelling at the other side of the canteen and I saw it was Kyungsoo discussing with Jongin if that could be called a discussion because Kyungsoo was the one yelling while Jongin was just ignoring him eating his food, I didn’t understood what Kyungsoo was saying but everything finished with an angry Kyungsoo leaving the canteen.

 I was curious about what happened but then I received a message from Jongup and I forgot everything that I was going to ask.

 

 

 

Today was the limit date to register to the competition we did our best to arrive early but it was worthless there was a huge line waiting to register.

“Ah hyung I told you to come earlier” Jongup pouted.

“Look that’s Moon Jongup”

I know but it’s not my fault we took the wrong bus Jongupie” I whined following his childish game.

“I know but now we will have to wait all this long and I’m starving” he pouted once again.

“Yeah me too but I promise to treat you the lunch when we finish this” I said trying to calm him.

“you promise hyung?” he asked me showing his pinky.

“I promise” I sailed the deal winning a smile from him.

 

“Isn’t that Moon Jongup?”

We spent almost an hour waiting for our turn just to register.

“Hyung, I need to pee” Jongup suddenly said worried.

“Now? Can’t you wait we are almost there”

“I know but I have been holding it all this time, and I can’t no more, don’t worry I’ll come back soon” He excused before running towards the nearest restroom.

 

 

After a few minutes I was even more close to the end of the line “Hurry Jongupie”.

“Yixing hyung?” I heard someone calling my name and I turned to see it was Sehun with Jongin appearing behind him, both looking completely surprised to see me there.

“What are you doing here?” I asked as surprised as them.

“Well isn’t that obvious we are signing up for the dance contest, what about you?” Sehun answered while Jongin was just staring at me.

“Yeh me too” I answered simply.

“But it is as duet contest hyung, nobody told you?” Sehun asked this time a bit more arrogant.

“Yes I know Sehun I’m not dancing alone, I do have a partner” I answered in the same tone.

“Yes sure then where is…?”

“Hyung I’m sorry but there was a huge line on the restroom” Jongup arrived apologizing and cutting what Jongin was about to ask.

“oh sorry  I interrupted you, were you talking with them?” Jongup asked and smiled politely at the two astonished boys.

“No don’t worry Jongupie they were just asking where the restrooms are”

“Oh they are right there right beside the public telephones” Jongup explained them gently with his usual smile.

“Let’s go Jongupie we are next” I told him grabbing his hand in mine and guiding him to the registration area

“Hyung, wasn’t that Moon Jongup?” I heard Sehun ask Jongin before leaving them behind.

 

 

 

 

 

After been registered we have just three days until the contest, but as I promised I bought Jongup the lunch first.

“Jongupie can I ask you something?”

“Sure hyung” He said while munching his chicken.

“Why everybody back there knew who you are?” I tried to ask calmly so he wouldn’t feel I was pushing him.

He stopped eating and looked at me seriously like if trying to decide if tell me or not.

“Before been a teacher in B.A.P studio I was an street dancer, I used to dance in horrible places in competitions against the scariest people you can imagine just to win a few money to help my parents, at first I was even humiliated for been just a kid but I managed to win some respect after beating some of the best underground dancers, but that was taking me to the dark side, I was becoming into one of them until Yongguk who was an underground rapper offered me better option, some people still remember me, some others don’t” He confessed seriousness in his face, and suddenly I understood, It doesn’t matter if we win the competition or not, I will never let Jongup go back to those steps.

“Hyung now that I have answered your question, can I ask you something?” he asked now with a calmer tone.

“Sure”

“Who were those two guys you were talking with back there, I know they wasn’t asking just for the restroom” He asked serious but sweet. I underestimated Jongup a lot.

“You are right, they are college partners, one of them, the burnet one actually is my ex-boyfriend” I explained him looking at my food feeling embarrassed for lying him.

“The one who cheated on you?” I nodded and he held my hand making me look at him.

“I would never do that to you hyung” he assured me with a sweet smile.

“I know Jongupie” I assured him squeezing his hand.

 

 

 

 

 

Three days later in the evening was the day of the contest and I was once more backstage but this time in a completely different situation, this time I wasn’t alone, Jongup was by my side stretching and warming up, and I was on an incredibly good mood, I was anxious about our performance and I must admit that I was a bit nervous too, but I had confidence in our choreography, suddenly I started feeling my mouth dry.

“Jongup I’m going to bring some water”

“Okay hyung, don’t get lost” Jongup said playfully, I gently put my hand on his cheek.

“Of course not” I assured him giving him a soft peck on his lips, and left not losing how he blushed hard, I love the way he gets flustered.

Jongup was right this place was really big it took me quite a lot of time to find two bottles of water, but once I have them I was ready to go back to my place, but then someone called me from behind.

“Yixing hyung” I turned to find Jongin standing behind me and approaching slowly, ‘ Now what?’.

“Hey, may I help you?” I tried to ask politely not showing any emotion.

“Yes you may, I want to warn you, that Moon Jongup is not a good type, he has a dark past that you may not know so stay away from him he’s dangerous” Jongin said with faked concern.

“I know, I know his past but I don’t care because I know him and I know he is not dangerous at all as you say” I defended my boyfriend now raising my voice a little, I was getting really irritated.

“Come with me hyung, I know I did wrong and I am sorry, but I noticed I really love you, please leave that stupid fantasy of yours and come back with me” Jongin said I really could not believe what I was hearing, I wasn’t going to stay to keep listening so I turned back to leave but he pulled me back to him and forced his lips in mine, I was shocked, it took me a few seconds to react but once I did I pushed him away from me and slapped him on the face. I couldn’t believe he did that.

“Do you think I am a toy to play with whenever you want?, I think the only dangerous here is you, stay away from me you freak!”. I shouted at him furious and left him behind to find Jongup.

Damn Jongin he ruined my good mood.

“Hyung where were you? you took so long, where is the water?” Jongup asked me once I arrived and noticed I dropped the water when I slapped Jongin.

“Is something wrong?” Jongup asked now concerned of my sulky face. I decided to explain him what happened because I don’t want to lie him.

“Did he hurt him hyung?” Jongup looked at me now completely serious, but at least he wasn’t going crazy about it. I shook my head in answer.

“Good, listen hyung I don’t care what people say about me, I have already show you the real me and that’s all I care, second, I am glad you were firm, now he will know not to mess with us and third, you are now with me and I won’t let anybody hurt you again, so please cheer up I don’t like seeing you mad” Jongup comforted me, I laid my head on his shoulder, it was amazing how he was always able to make me feel better, I hugged him thigh and gave him a kiss on his neck to thank him.

“I love you my Jongupie”

“I love you too my Yixing hyung”

“All right, the show must go on, get ready it’s almost our turn” I jumped off my seat and resumed preparing our performance.

“Yes sir!”

 

 

 

 

 

Once we were ready we approached the stage just to see Jongin and Sehun were showing their choreography, they were trying to dance hip-hop, their choreography was really good but their movements were so stiff, Jongin could never lose his classic style, and it was evident.

A few more contestants danced before us and to be honest I was really nervous, apparently Jongup noticed it so he held my hand and gave one of those smiles I love, that made me feel better. This was for Jongup I needed to give my best for him.

The music began and as always I let it consume me and take control of my body, I was starting to enjoy this quiet a lot and so was Jongup maybe our moves weren’t so complicated but we were doing it pretty well, and the most important, we were having fun, all of our problems didn’t existed in that moment and it was a really bracing feeling.

The song finished and so did our performance, it took my some seconds to go back to the earth and notice the people were actually cheering for us, I hugged Jongup tightly and he hugged me back, we bowed to the crowd and left the stage.

 

 

 

Once the competition was over it was time to announce the winners, Jongup looked so relaxed while I was freaked out, so when the host announced we have won I went crazy and kissed Jongup forgetting everyone else in there, who cares anyway. We saved the B.A.P academy, I helped Jongup make his wish come true, and inadvertently he changed my life, this was definitely the best year of my life.

I don’t care anymore about my past, all I want is this moment, to live the present with my new friends, my new style of life and of course Jongup and wait what the future has in store for us. After all, nothing is certain but death. 

 


a/n:  

I am really sorry for not uploading this before, it’s just that I lost the inspiration at some point but I always finish my fanfics is a rule so I tried to do my best.

I really hope you have enjoyed this weir but adorable couple. Please leave comments and anticipate my future fanfics.