First

Linger : The Perfect One
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 AN:  Hyun Chul ----> Karam.

 

 

 

Hyun Chul has always been pessimistic about his life.  Being born in a cramped family of 12 supported by only the income of his clerk father and maid mother, it wouldn’t be hard to guess the reason for his pessimism.  He was the 8th out of the 10 children of the poverty-stricken family, and by the time he was twelve, the same poverty pushed him out of school and straight into the world of adulthood and responsibility. 

 

It all started with small jobs fitted for kids like him like selling lottery tickets in bus terminals and selling home-made lemonades on the streets.  By the time he reaches 15, his job prescription elevates from being a lottery-boy to a manual labor.  He was a frail kid, the one prone to sickness the most in the family, but he had to, it pays better than his previous jobs.

 

 He didn’t hate his parents for pushing him to his limits.  He knew, life changes them.  Life forces them to metamorph into something they’re not in order to survive  in this vicious world.  Life changes them just like how life changes him.

 

And now 25 years old in age, Hyun Chul finds himself facing the biggest obstacle he had yet to encounter. His brother, his beloved oldest brother was caught with the possession of methamphetamines.  It was found in the car he was assigned to (he worked in the same chauffeuring company Hyun Chul worked at) they say, Hyun Chul didn't know the details himself. 

 

The only thing he is sure of in this is that his brother is innocent and he needs to do everything he can to save him.  There’s no reason for any of them to dwell themselves in illegal activities, yes they are poor, but most of the siblings are working now and the financial burden of the family has been tremendously alleviated.  He himself and 2 of his brothers are currently working in a chauffeuring company, tasked to tour tourists who hired their service around the city of Seoul.  The payment isn’t as high as the pay of corporate jobs, but even that’s more than enough for them.

 

He gritted his teeth in sheer disappointment as he walk past the door of the police station.  The sound of the officers laughing as they watches the weekend’s variety programme disappears with the shut of the door. He groaned as he lean onto the wall of the station, the sight of his brother sobbing in front of him still lingers at the back of his eyelid.

 

His body suddenly feels so worn out right now.  Back in the past, no matter how hard the job is or how stressed out his mental condition is, he’d never feel tired.  Just the thought of getting his paycheck and buy a thing or two motivates him to keep on going.  But, now, he felt as though the world’s biggest baggage had just been bestowed upon his shoulder.  His joint aches, his eyes feels weary and he’s too tired to even open his mouth.  A drop of tear flow down his left eye as he was left standing static amidst the busy city of Seoul.

 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

“You looked.. disturbed,” the customer who sat on the backseat monotonously says. 

 

Hyun Chul looked at him from the rear-view mirror before he carve a tired smile.  “I’m fine.  Thank you for your concern, sir.”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter