The Last Words

The Last Single
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Boyband TVXQ!, who has halted their activities as a five-member boyband since last July when three of its members filed a lawsuit against agency SM Entertainment, will make a comeback next January as a duo formed of its two remaining members U-Know Yunho and Max Changmin.
...
without members Kim Jaejoong, Park Yoochun, and Kim Junsu.
...
For over a year now, both U-Know Yunho and Max Changmin have refrained from pursuing their singing activities. The court ruled that all of TVXQ’s activities must be carried out through SM Entertainment but the three members have been non-responsive to our offers.
...

 

There was nothing but darkness inside the room. No light was able to come through; aside from the television and a little bit more between the curtains. Just with a short glance, no one would see the existence of the certain person inside. The person was indeed too quiet and unmoved to be noticed by anyone at the time. The person; who was a man, just sat in silence at the corner of the room. His eyes were never left the television, though he didn’t seem to pay attention on it. Sometimes, the man unconsciously tightened his grip on the sheets, as he couldn’t hold back his emotions anymore. He hated to see how untrue the news was; telling about him and the other two like that.

He was Park Yoochun, one of TVXQ!’s former members.

Yoochun smirked cynically upon his own thought, thinking that it was absurd to call himself as one of the former members. Since when he has become the former one, he himself didn’t know about that. As far as he knew, they have never cut themselves off from the group; from TVXQ!. On the opposite, the news was simply making Yoochun realized that it must be controlled by a certain party. Heck, he was sure that he didn’t hear about any offers from his former agency; just like it has said.

“. you, SM. all of these,” murmured Yoochun, letting the tears slid out from his eyes.

Yoochun wanted to scream desperately. Everything was just too much for him to bear alone. About them getting accused over something that they never did, about knowing that the other two would use their name to make a comeback; nothing was able to be tolerated enough by Yoochun. The only thing that prevented him from doing so right now was just his two remaining members. Up until this point, Yoochun has successfully hid the news from them and he still planned to keep it like that. He didn’t want to add anymore pain for the other two. He himself was enough to get hurt by those.

Knock. Knock.

Yoochun turned his attention towards the door, noticing that there was someone knocked his door repeatedly. He was immediately wiping his tears off from the face, before finally opened the door to see whoever it was. Yet, it didn’t mean that Yoochun was ready to face the panic and worried Junsu right in front of him. Without explaining for any details, the younger one has already pulled Yoochun towards the living room; where Jaejoong has been there already.

“What’s wrong, Junsu? What’s the matter? Seriously- .”

When Yoochun was going to scold Junsu for pulling him along over nothing, his eyes suddenly caught on what Jaejoong was watching at the moment. Almost instantly, the curse was slipped out from his lips as his eyes started getting bigger as well. Yoochun realized that he was indeed making a mistake that way; indirectly telling the other two that he has known about the news ever since before. It was proven easily with the suspicious looks that were aimed towards him from the other two, right after he has said those words.

“Yoochun,” Jaejoong called, threatening the younger with his tone. “Why did you hide this important fact from us? Do you think we will never know about that? We’ll know it, Yoochun; sooner or later.”

“I’m- It’s just that-” Yoochun stuttered completely with his words, wasn’t ready to answer Jaejoong’s accusing question. True that the other two would know about the news eventually, so what Yoochun was hoping for; in fact? Yoochun himself wasn’t sure. “I’m sorry. I just... I didn’t want to see those painful eyes in front of me anymore, Jaejoong.”

“By hiding these kinds of things?” asked Jaejoong back with a slight chuckle.

“I-”

“Hyung, Yoochun didn’t mean anything bad. Don’t be like that,” said Junsu, cutting the conversation between them immediately. Nevertheless, the conflict between members would be the last thing he wanted to face right now. “Let’s just put that aside for now, okay?”

“Why don’t you tell us?” Jaejoong asked again with more demanding tone, ignoring Junsu’s words. “I don’t understand, Yoochun. Aren’t we family? Why don’t you share everything with us? Why should you keep all the pain for yourself? It’s not right like this, Yoochun. We deserve to know.”

Yoochun was lowering his head as he gulped down nervously. “Do you really want me to share those with you?” he asked; somehow even sounded like challenging the older one. “Do you want to hear on how everyday I think that we might have taken a wrong decision? Do you want to hear on how much regrets I have for leaving the other two there?”

There was a brief of silence, as none of them knew on how they should continue the conversation so that no one would get hurt in any ways.

“I know how you will answer those questions already,” Yoochun continued without someone asking him to, letting his tears rolled down at his cheeks once again. “You will say that I’m stupid that way. You will say that there’s no room for us to think like that and we should just focus ourselves with the current condition. Am I right?”

“No. You’re mistaken, Yoochun,” Jaejoong quickly answered; didn’t want Yoochun to take different perception of him. “You’re not stupid because I understand your reasons as well. But... it’s true that we should focus ourselves with the present. There’s no use for us to think something like that.”

“I know,” Yoochun replied. “But I just... can’t help to think that we’re so screwed up right now. Not because we’re banned from the television; we knew something like this would happen nevertheless. But... can’t you see that we practically live our lives lifelessly?”

Jaejoong clenched his fists and gritted his teeth, trying to not snap out towards Yoochun upon the foolish questions. “This has been our choice,” he finally replied. “They have a different idealism with us. Nothing else to be thought about, Yoochun. Nothing will be changed either way.”

Without saying about something else, Jaejoong immediately left both of Yoochun and Junsu there. Not only that, Jaejoong even slammed the

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter