Chapter 2

Meant To Be (SEQUEL TO LETTING GO)

 

After Hana had finish her drink, she walked out of the store to find that it still raining heavily. She was rummaging through her backpack to get her umbrella when she just decided not to because she felt like, maybe walking under the rain would do some good to clear her mind of things. She stuck her hand out to feel the raindrops. The raindrops felt icy cold against her hand, without a second thought, Hana had step out into the rain and walk leisurely by herself, she had always love the rain.

Passerby were giving her and odd look, wondering by themselves that why would a person walk under such heavy rain. But hana didn’t care, she can feel them judging her, but she simply doesn’t care anymore.

Hana was now soaked from head to toe, everything in her backpack were most probably wet by now, but she just kept on walking.

 


 

For most of her adult life, Hana had watch majority of her girlfriends who manage to find someone who loved them, to date for years, and eventually decided to get married and start building a family.

* All of them got their happily ever after, but what about me? I’m a nice person right? I never disobey my family, I do whatever they asked me to do, I never cheated during an exam, I stood by the person I love while he loves someone else without making a single complaint, why don’t I have a happily ever after? Don’t I at least deserve a little happiness? *

 


 

Without realizing, Hana finds herself sitting on one of the swings at a nearby park, still drenched in the heavy rain. Hot tears sprung at her eyes as she cried her heart out, even after all these years, she still loved him. He had cause her nothing but heartache, but her heart still beats for him, only him.

When she looked up, she saw a blurry figure walking towards her. Hana squinted her eyes as she tried to identify the walking figure, but to no avail. But as the figure distance decreases, slowly, the face of the person could be seen despite the rain, her eyes widen as she realize just who that person is.

* No, it couldn’t be! *

“ It’s been a long time Hana”

And Hana swore that she felt her heart stopped at the sound of his voice.

 


 

Hey guys, I'm terribly sorry that I didn't update in such a long time. I have tone of assignments pilled up and I'm struggling to complete them, i hope you'll understand. 

Anyways, here's a short update that I manage to write and I hope you guys will enjoy reading it ^^  Please do subscribe and leave some comments =)

Readers and subbies, the next chapter will be the final chapter to this short story. So stay tuned! =)

 

XOXO,

Author-nim.