Chapter 1

Meant To Be (SEQUEL TO LETTING GO)

Rain was pouring endlessly down from the sky, Hana watched as heavy droplets of the rain smack against the pavement and window. The day started out sunny, but not long after, the sky turned a dark shade of grey, the weather mirrored what Hana was feeling.

Hana was seated at by the window at Starbucks. She raised the mug to her lips and she gently blew on the hot content before taking a sip, the bittersweet taste lingered in as she savored the taste. Caramel Macchiato had always been her and Sehun’s favorite drink. It was on a day like this a few years ago when they were walking home from school when it rained heavily, she remembered how Sehun took her hand and they both ran while laughing under the rain, they soon came across a café shop where they both decided to stay till the rain subside. That was when they discovered their love for this drink.

Hana’s life was bittersweet, just like the beverage. 

While Sehun’s life was most probably filled with nothing but sweetness.

 


 

Hana blinked back the tears that were threatening to fall once again, she’s pathetic, really. She’s a grown woman now at the age of 27 and she has yet to settle down, unknowingly, another 5 years had passed since she left Seoul to reside in Japan. It had been that long since she last saw him.

*I bet he and Jin Hee already have kids, and they’ll be living as a happy family right now. *

She manage to smile a little. Thinking about how Sehun will be like when he has kids of his own.

He’s practically a kid himself, I hope he’s doing well.

With that thought, she didn’t realized that she was actually smiling like an idiot.

I’m so pathetic. Why can’t I just forget about him and move on? If this continues on, I’ll be a 70 year old granny with 7 cats and no one to love me. She sighs.

 


 

If you’re curious about Hana’s life after she moved to Japan, don’t get your hopes up. Hana managed to find a small cozy apartment and she actually enjoyed her job. Her colleagues treated well and she manage to make a few friends.

Her friends had tried to set her up on blind dates but let’s just say it didn’t really end well. Instead of focusing on the date, she imagined him to be Sehun instead, and she always had to make an excuse to leave early because all she wanted to do was go back to her apartment, slip under the blanket and cry, until the heartache fades.

The only bright side was that she manage to learn and speak Japanese fluently, she had always wanted to learn a new language, but she was always busy so she never had the chance. Now that she did, at least she accomplished something for herself.

 


Sorry for the super short update, was busy at school today. Will try to update a longer chapter next time! 

Thanks for reading and don't forget to comment. If you have any comments about my stories or writing, please leave a comment below. thanks ^^ <3

XOXO,

Author-nim.