Red

Petrichor: Rainy With A Chance of Park Chanyeol
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Things went back to normal after that, with Haneul finally settled into her new apartment and practically being neighbors with her best friend and his dancer roommate. They have been having dinner together at either one of their apartments for the past four days, and tonight it was her turn because the guys decided that it’d be nice to throw a small house-warming party for her while celebrating New Years’ Eve at the same time, hitting two birds with one stone on this very last day of the eventful year.

Baekhyun was the first to arrive, along with Jongdae, Yixing, Soohyun and Joonmyeon. Kyungsoo and the others said that they will be a bit late because they’re preparing the food while she offered to take care of the drinks and dessert.

She hasn’t seen Chanyeol since last night and when she called to ask if he’d like to come down to help her bake since he’s always asked her to invite him over whenever she did, but Sehun answered his phone and told her that they’ll be busy and that they’ll see her later tonight.

“I like the blue.” The puppy-like boy commented, eyeing the soft blue bean bag beside the couch.

Soohyun was in the kitchen helping her with the drinks while the guys made themselves comfortable on the other side of the area that was the living room.

“What…is that?”

“What?” Haneul looked up at her.

“That.” She pointed a well-manicured finger at her neck, more specially the thing that hung from it.

Her hand went up to touch the necklace unconsciously, looking down at it before answering. “It’s my necklace.”

“I can see that. I can also see that it’s something new, considering that I know every single item in your jewelry collection and this, my friend, was definitely not there before.” She placed down the bottle of Sprite and rested her hip against the counter.

From the look on her face Haneul could tell that she already knew but was not going to let her get away with not telling her by herself.

“It’s a Christmas present.”

“Uh-uh, very interesting, please continue.”

“That I got from Chanyeol.”

She kept on looking at her, waiting.

“That’s it.”

Soohyun made a gesture with her hands for her to keep on going. “And then?”

“What do you mean ‘and then’?”

“What I mean is that no one would get someone a Tiffany and Co.’s necklace for a bloody Christmas gift, not even if that someone is a best friend.” She leaned in close to her, her almond shaped eyes piercing right through hers. “And you cannot be that dense, can you? Did something happen?”

Haneul was not dense.

She refused to acknowledge that.

“You’re exaggerating things, Soohyun.” Haneul hesitated for a fraction of a second, debating whether or not to tell her the events that took place on Christmas night and the two days that followed it. “Nothing happened.”

Much to her misfortune, Soohyun picked up on her vacillation and the nervous tone that stubbornly hung onto her

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter