005

Love Can Wait

 

“Do I really have to go?” I asked with a pout as I looked at him.

“Your uncle expects you to be there so you should.” Seojoon gave me a look.

I pouted in my seat, “I mean, do I really have to work in the company? Can’t I just live at the mansion and make my uncle handle the company?”

“Your father left the company to you, Yerim. Like I said, I’ll protect you so don’t let the letters get to you okay?” He smiled reassuringly.

It’s easy for him to say since he doesn’t even know that the person who sent me the letter is also in the company and he wants me gone as in gone like the wind.

The car stopped and the driver opened the door for us. Seojoon got off first and I followed behind him.

The guard opened the door and Seojoon entered while I hesitated behind him.

I looked at the guard and he just smiled at me and greeted me good morning as he bowed. I nodded my head at him and greeted back.

I should probably stop overthinking about things.

Seojoon motioned for me to hurry and come inside so I did.

 

We went into my office and I quickly sat down on my chair. I looked at my table, which was filled with folders that are stacked waiting for me to read and sign. I sighed and rested my head on the table.

“I don’t want to do this anymore.” I mumbled to myself.

“Your dad wanted you to handle the company, it was written on his will.” Seojoon told me as he placed his hand on my shoulder. “I know it’s hard but you should do it for you dad.”

 

Your father wanted you to handle the company. Those words echoed in my head. That’s right. My father. I had to do all this because of him. Because he was sick and I didn’t even know about it. And I didn’t even bothered talking to him or spend any time with him.. if I did, then I would have figured out that he was sick.
 

What kind of daughter doesn’t know her own father was sick? I should have paid more attention to him then I would have known that he was. I wasn’t even there when he was brought into the hospital. Instead, I was going around somewhere having a date. How could a daughter be at some place else when her father is at the hospital dying? What kind of daughter does that? I am such a disgrace.
 

And now I’m really regretting not being able to spend time with him and not being able to be with him at his final moment. That is why I have to do all this for my father.. so that he can forgive me for not listening to him.. so that he can be proud of me..

 

“I know..” I sighed and pulled myself together.

I gave Seojoon a small smile and asked him to go and do his things but he stayed saying that he’ll look after me.

“That’s very nice of you but you can’t just stay here and look after me, you still have to do your work. And also I don’t need a babysitter okay? No one’s going to harm me in the office so don’t worry about me okay?” I convinced him and he finally decided to drop the matter.

“But do know that I’m just right outside, so if someone’s attacking you or anything just shout okay?” Seojoon said and I chuckled at how he was so worried about me.

“Yes, I will, mom.” I sarcastically said and a smile quickly made way on his lips as he left.

I stretched my arms and encouraged myself that I could do all this. That I could get through this day.

 

“You sure you’re okay?” Seojoon asked as he walked me to my front door.

“Yes, I’m fine. Stop worrying about me.” I told him as I let out a small chuckle. “You know, you don’t have to walk me all the way to my front door, you already drove me home.”

“I’m just worried about you.” He admitted.

“Don’t tell me you’re going to walk me until my bedroom?” I chuckled as I opened the door.

“If you want to.” He smiled and I just rolled my eyes and was just about to enter when Seojoon grabbed my arm.

“What?” I asked and he just stood there not saying anything and it looked like he was waiting for me to say something, so I did.

“Thank you Park Seojoon, for looking after me.” I told him. “Happy now?”

“Very.” He smiled and clapped his hands like a sea lion.

Seojoon asked me to go in before he would leave but I refused and told him that I need to see him go out safely first. Since I was stubborn, he finally decided to go ahead.

After he left, I didn’t feel like going in yet. I wanted to take a walk. Think through some things and calm myself.

 

I know I shouldn’t be walking around in the streets at night but the cold breeze of the night and empty streets helps me feel calm.

I kept on thinking how things would be if my father hadn’t died, would it still be the same? Would I still not care about him? I kept on thinking how things would have been so different if I followed my father’s rule. I kept on thinking how my life would be if I hadn’t choose to give up on Jongdae. I kept on thinking how we could still be together if I just didn’t broke up with him.

 

I stopped walking when I saw him. He was bowing to an elder as he walked out of a shop. He was smiling and asking the elder to take care and have a good night.

So I guess he didn’t miss me at all did he? He’s smiling like nothing happened and here I am, having a hard time with the company and missing him so bad.

I wanted to run away as soon as our eyes met, I wanted to scream at myself for not looking and moving away.

He looked at me, emptiness in his eyes, no sign of missing or longing me, his smile fading away as he saw me.

Then, I finally realized he was moving towards me, I wanted him to embrace me in his arms, those arms that I have been missing, and to tell me that everything’s going to be fine and that no matter what happens, he’ll be there for me.

I opened my mouth to say something but no words came out and I just stood there looking at him as he was towards my way like a total fool.

I was hoping that he would stop and ask me if I was okay but he didn’t, he just walked right past me. I turned around and was just about to grab his arm when something stopped me.

I was scared. Scared that he might have found someone to be with him other than me.

My heart ached as I realized that I was the only one missing him so badly.

I stared as his figure became smaller and smaller as he walked away.

“I miss you.” I finally said the words that I have wanted to say.

 

 


 

Author's note: Hello guys! Chapter five to all of you! Oh my. This story is getting more depressing lmao. I'll make the next chapter (which is the past) more lighter and maybe some fluffiness and mushy stuff in it. Anyway, hope you guys liked this chapter! And I think you guys wanna kill me already since Jongdae's parts are like so few.. but no worries, more Chen in the next chapter yo~! Keep commenting guys cause you don't know how much your comments encourage me to update as soon as possible!