003

Love Can Wait

 

It has already been a week since I stopped going to the company ever since I heard them talking bad about me. It was because I was scared what they might do to me. I’m scared because I have no one whom I can count on and to talk to. If somebody were just here with me then I would know what to do.

I looked at my bedside and grabbed my phone, which I finally looked at after five days. I saw 107 missed calls and 53 messages from Seojoon. I sighed.

Not even a single text message or phone call from my uncle. I guess no one really cares about me, well maybe except for Seojoon.

I went out of my room and was greeted by our housekeeper, Lee ahjumma. “Yerim ah, your secretary came by a while ago, around 8 am.”

“Lee ahjumma, what did you tell him?”

“I told him that you are still sleeping and he said that he’ll drop by again later.”

“Oh, I see. Thank you Lee ahjumma.” I smiled at her and she told me that she already prepared lunch for me downstairs.

Okay so Lee ahjumma was the one who took care of me when I was young since my dad is always busy with work at the company, he didn’t have the time to take care of me or play with me. Lee ahjumma was the one who did all those things, so for me, she is like my mother and I treat her as a part of my family.

I sat down on my seat and happily ate the lunch that she prepared for me.

Lee ahjumma went towards me with envelopes on her hands. “These came in the mail the other day.”

“Thank you.” I smiled at her as I took the envelopes.

I looked at the envelope and saw that it was addressed to me. There was no sender on the four envelopes that I received. But judging from the envelopes, I was sure that they all came from the same sender.

I opened one and my hands shook as I read the letter. The message was typed in caps lock and bloody red color.

 

It’s a good thing you stopped coming to the office.

It’s better that way than to be killed right? So don’t ever come back.

Give up your heritage and live peacefully.

If not, you already know what will happen to you.

You wouldn’t want to end up like your father right?

 

My eyes widened and I shook uncontrollably, the paper that I was holding fell down the floor.

Abeoji was killed. He didn’t die because of just some heart attack. Someone caused that heart attack to happen. And that someone also wants me dead.

My eyes began to water. I didn’t know what to do. If mom or dad were just alive then they would know what to do or if he were just here then I wouldn’t be this scared.

Then I remembered what those men have said. “Ah you mean his daughter? That girl? She’s not much, she doesn’t know anything about business nor know how to lead a corporation.”

“What do you expect from that girl? She shouldn’t even be here. This is not a fashion show, she can’t just get everyone to trust her because of her pretty face. She thinks this is a playground for some kids.”

“Don’t worry, I don’t even think that she’ll last long here. Also, boss told me that he already got everything planned. He said that once he gets everything, he would give our share.”

Then I had this feeling that the boss they were talking about is behind these letters as well and that the boss was the one who killed my father.

“Yerim ah.” Someone called my name.

I quickly wiped the tears away from my cheeks but my body was still trembling. I told myself to stop but it wouldn’t budge.

“Timjangnim. Why weren’t you answering my calls?” Seojoon said as he made his way towards me. “Do you know how worried I was?”

“Why are you trembling? Are you sick?” He asked worriedly and touched my forehead to check if I have a fever.

I shook my head and told him that I was fine. But the worry on his face was still there.

“What are you doing here?” I tried to speak normally but my voice came out shaky.

“Are you really okay?” He asked in concern as he sat down beside me and looked at my face.

I looked away and I started eating again but I failed to, because my hands were still shaking as I grabbed hold of my spoon. My spoon landed on the floor and he bent down to pick it up when he also noticed the paper on the floor. He picked both things up and my eyes widened as I saw him reading the letter. Before I could even grab the paper from him, he hugged me.

“Don’t worry, I’m here. I’ll protect you.”

I didn’t know why but I felt safe in his arms, my arms quickly wrapped tight on his waist and the tears that I’ve been holding back started to fall.

“I’m scared.”

“Shhh. I’m here.” He soothingly said as he rubbed my back.

“Have you been receiving these kind of letters since before?” He asked.

“Ani. I just received them today. Lee ahjumma gave it to me. There are three more.” I told him. “I’m scared oppa.”

“Don’t worry okay? I’ll stay with you.” He said.

“You will?” I asked as I looked up at him.

“Yeah, I’ll ask my noona later to bring some clothes so that I can stay with you. So you don’t need to worry.” Seojoon said reassuringly.

I was really thankful for him, thankful that he was there, thankful that someone is with me, thankful that someone still cares about me.

 

Later that day, his sister stopped by and brought some of his things over. Seojoon told his sister that he would be staying with me for a while and that not to worry about him.

“Who said I’m worried?” His sister retorted and left.

 

“So, are you not planning on going back to the company?” He asked and I quickly shook my head.

“But don’t you think my uncle is going to fire you if you’re absent?” I asked him.

“I’ll tell him what happened and I bet he’ll do something about it.” He smiled reassuringly.

Seojoon is always so sure about what he says. Like he is so sure that everything would turn out okay. And I’m starting believe that maybe it would be and that I shouldn’t be scared anymore cause someone’s got my back.

 

That night, my uncle finally stopped by. He asked me why I wasn’t in the company working and I told him that I caught a flu.

“Are you going back tomorrow? You seem better.” My uncle asked.

“Sajangnim, I think that Yerim needs to stay at her house for a while.” Seojoon said causing my uncle to raise an eyebrow at him.

“Why weren’t you in the company earlier? And what are you doing here?”

He told my uncle that he just came by to check up on me and then told him that I received some blackmailing letters. Seojoon showed them to my uncle but he didn’t seem to be so surprised.

“Yerim ah, I would hire you personal bodyguards for your safety. Don’t worry about anything, I’ll take care of this.” He said and put the letter on his pocket.

“Seojoon, you may now go back. I’ll handle this so no need to worry about her.” My uncle told him and Seojoon was just about to leave when I grabbed his hand. “Oppa. Please don’t leave.”

“Can’t you please let Seojoon stay here? Even for a few days? Please?” I asked my uncle as I looked at him in the eyes.

My uncle sighed in defeat and finally agreed. He told me that he was expecting to see me in the company by tomorrow and then he left.

“There are a lot of things piled up in your desk, so you better go back tomorrow.” Seojoon whispered in my ear.

“But I have my secretary Park Seojoon to help me do all the work so I don’t really need to worry that much.” I grinned at him.

“Aish. This kid. I’m going to beat you up.” He threatened.

“Yah, you can’t hit a person who’s sick!” I told him and he lifted me up from the ground.

“Yah! I’m going to spread my virus all over your body if you don’t put me down!” I said and hit him.

“Hmmm, let me think about that. I don’t think so.” He smirked at me, I quickly pushed myself away from him and he finally let me down.

“Should I cook you something for dinner?” He asked. “I know you love my cooking.”

I happily nodded my head and he went to the kitchen.

I peeked at him while he was busy cooking and a smile formed on my lips.

Seojoon is like a brother to me. He’s sweet and protective, that’s what I like about him. He’s always there for me like what an oppa would do for his dongsaeng.

I sneaked silently into the kitchen and gave him a back hug. “Komawo oppa.”

 


 

Author's note: Hello everyone! Here I am, back with another chapter! How was the third chapter? Hopefully you all liked it! Next chapter would be the past again! So of course Chen would be there ;) I'll try to update again as soon as I can! Anyway, do read, comment, subscribe! Oh and an upvote would be nice ; ) *throws hearts* Love you all!!