001

Love Can Wait

 

“Sajangnim.” Someone called out.

I opened my eyes but they won’t obey and closed again.

“Sajangnim.” The voice called out once again but this time the person shook me lightly.

“I’m awake.” I said as I opened my eyes and sat up straight from the chair but my eyes still continue to close.

“Sajangnim, you shouldn’t have stayed up all night.”

“But there were too much to do that I haven’t finished.” I pouted and looked at my table, which was still a mess because of all the papers piled up.

“You should have slept even though you haven’t finished. There’s an important meeting later and I doubt that you’ll stay awake.”

“Yah Park Seojoon! Are you doubting my skills now? The directors of the company wouldn’t even notice that I’m sleeping, I’m a pretty good actress you know.” I smiled cheekily at him.

He sighed and shook his head at me. “I doubt that you’ll really be the president of this company.”

“Yah! Do you want to get hit?” I glared at him and showed him my fist.

Just then someone knocked on my door and I quickly turned to see who it was, it was my uncle.

I quickly bowed at him and so did Seojoon. “Sajangnim.”

“Our Yerim is working hard I see.” He smiled. “Don’t forget the meeting that will be held later on.”

He glanced at me one last time, this time he didn’t smile. He was looking at me intently and finally left.

I sighed as he finally left, “Yah! You almost got me in trouble!”

“What did I do? If it weren’t for me, you would have been caught sleeping.” Seojoon pointed out.

“Yah! I’m going to fire you!” I threatened him.

“How are you going to fire me timjangnim?” He said as he emphasized the last word.

“Aish jinja! You just wait until I become the president!”

“Hmm.. I wonder until when I’m going to wait... Around 10 years maybe?” He teased and I quickly slapped his arm. “You better watch that mouth of yours, you wouldn’t know when you’ll get fired Secretary Seojoon sshi. Tsk tsk.”

“Arasso, arasso! Kaja!” Seojoon said and lead me out of the room.

“Where are we going?” I asked as I looked up at him.

He smiled down at me, “Going to eat of course. I bet you’re already hungry and you need the energy to do the pile of papers in your office.”

“Aish!” I said frustratingly as I remember the stack of papers in my desk.

 

As we finished eating my breakfast but more or less lunch for Seojoon, he escorted me back to my office and went back to his own desk.

I sat down on my chair and looked at the stack of papers on my desk. “When will I get to finish all these?” I breathed out.

“I can do this! Park Yerim hwaiting!” I cheered and started reading the first folder.

Stocks? Funds? Sales went down? Aish jinja! This is so frustrating! I don’t understand a thing. How come just by reading these articles can give you a major headache? I continued on with the next folder as I spun my chair around. Heol daebak. 10 million won was lost because of the sudden drop of the stocks.

Just then my phone vibrated, I checked who texted me and quickly grumped as soon I saw the name.

 

Annoying Seojoon

Timjangnim, I can see you dozing off right now. Keke.

 

“What? Me? Dozing off? Heol. I’m working hard right now. How dare he!” My phone vibrated again and I checked to see the message that just came.

 

Annoying Seojoon

What are you doing? Don’t tell me you’re sleeping, reply to me okay? So that I know that you are still alive. ^^

 

I finally decided to reply, Yah! I’m still alive! Do you want me to bite you? Stop bothering me! I’m busy!

 

Annoying Seojoon

Neh timjangnim. Work hard! Hwaiting!

 

“Doesn’t this guy have anything to do? Aish!” As I closed my inbox, my eyes fell upon my background image. The background shows the picture that I took of him when he wasn’t looking. I could feel my heart ached as I saw the picture. I closed my eyes and shook my head. You broke up with him Yerim, you should just let him go.

“Timjangnim, it’s almost time for the meeting.” A female employee called as she knocked on the door.

“Ah, neh.” I said as I quickly stood up from my chair and grabbed the folder in her arms.

I opened the folder that the employee gave and read the first few lines. What are all these? I don’t understand anything. I shouldn’t worry much about it! I don’t really need to say anything during the meeting, I just need to take down some notes and I’m good.

 

“So, this is the project that we were previously talking about. The project about Jeju Island.” The speaker in front said.

“We need about 100 billion won for us to make a better and much competitive resort than the other companies.”

“So here are some of the plans for the resort.”

I tried to open my eyes the whole time the speaker was talking but my eyes disobeyed me. I ordered the secretary in the room to get me an iced coffee since my eyes won’t stay open. All of the speakers' words became blur as my eyes shut closed.

“What does our Yerim think about this?” My uncle suddenly asked causing me to quickly open my eyes.

“Neh?”

“What do you think about the project?” He asked once again.

“Ah, I think it’s a great idea.” I smiled at them.

“Meeting dismissed.” My uncle finally said as he stood up from his seat and left.

The company director’s just nodded their heads, closed their folders and left.

I quickly sighed. Aish! Park Yerim! What were you thinking? Sleeping on an important meeting? You’re crazy! I lectured myself and hit myself on the head. I looked up to check if anyone was looking and sighed in relief as I saw the meeting room empty.

I stood up and headed to the door when I heard voices coming out from a room, I quickly stopped walking when I heard my name being mentioned.

“Ah, you mean his daughter? That girl? She’s not much, she doesn’t know anything about business nor know how to lead a corporation.” A man with a raspy voice chuckled.

“What do you expect from that girl? She shouldn’t even be here. This is not a fashion show, she can’t just get everyone to trust her because of her pretty face. She thinks this is a playground for some kids.” Another man said.

“Don’t worry, I don’t even think that she’ll last long here. Also, boss told me that he already got everything planned. He said that once he gets everything, he would give our share.” A man with a deep voice laughed after what he just said. Boss? Plan? Shares?

“Yah, I was wondering what took you s-” Seojoon came in the by the door.

I quickly gave him a look and put my finger in his lips to shut him up.

“Hyungnim, I think someone’s out there.” The man with the raspy voice said.

My eyes widened and I quickly run outside, dragging Seojoon along with me.

My vision was suddenly blurry, I could feel my tears falling from my eyes. What? Me? Not much? Pretty faced? And a what? A kid?

 

 


 

Author's note: Hello everyone, I have finally updated! So here's the chapter one! Oh and just clarify, or if some of you few don't know about this.. sajangnim is president and timjangnim is team leader, heehee ^^ just wanted to let you guys know. Anyway, how was the first chapter? By the way, I made Park Seojoon her secretary because I love him! I was supposed to put random name for her secretary but then remembered him keke. Next chapter will be out the past, I guess? Hmmm not so sure! Anyway, I'll try to update/post the first chapter as soon as I can! Anyway, do read, comment, subscribe! Oh and an upvote would be nice ; ) *throws hearts*