Voicemail

I'm Okay

(3rd person pov)

Jiwon skipped up the stairs to her brothers' apartment and flung open the door.

"Hey noona!" Sungmin and several others called.

"Have any of you seen my phone? I think I left it here earlier."

"Yup!" Eunhyuk replied pulling the phone from his pocket. "Donghae tried to convince me to call you to come get it. It took a lot of explaining to make him understand that calling you would be pointless."

Donghae's cheeks reddened in embarrassment as Jiwon ruffled his bangs.

"Why don't we go out for dinner tonight? My treat?" Jiwon suggested. Cheers erupted from around the apartment. "Let me just check my phone then we can head out."

The screen lit up in her palm as her fingers navigated the device. Her face crinkled in confusion, there was a missed call from a number she didn't recognize. She raised her phone to her ear after dialing her voicemail.

"SIWON!" She suddenly cried out.

Siwon race through the apartment to Jiwon, eyes wide with alarm.

"What noona? What happened? Are you ok?"

"I-I got a voicemail."

Siwon breathed a sigh of relief and then another of frustration. "Yah! Don't call for me like that! You scared me half to death!"

"Did you drop Minhee off at her house?" 

"Of course, why?"

"Listen to this." She moved the phone to Siwon's ear. "That sounds like her."

Without hesitating, Siwon raced to the door, car keys in hand. His shoes were on in a flash and Jiwon was right behind him.

"Wha- Noona! You're bailing on us?" Eunhyuk cried out.

Neither stopped to respond as they raced to Siwon's car. As soon as both were inside the vehicle, Siwon stepped on the gas. Within minutes the car screeched to a halt in front of the apartment Siwon had left Minhee at earlier in the day. The brother and sister sprinted up the stairs before banging on the door.

"Minhee?!" Jiwon called. "Are you in there? Are you ok?" There was no response. A long pause followed, filled only with their panting. "She's not home. Maybe it wasn't her Siwon. Maybe we were just overreacting."

Siwon snatched the phone out of her hands. "What are you doing? Gimme my phone back!"

Siwon held out a finger indicating silence as he focused intently on the screen. "I'm calling back the number from the voicemail."

A few moments later ringing could be heard coming from behind the door. They turned towards each other in alarm. Siwon rattled the handle, surprised to find that the door came open easily. He pushed the door open and they both stepped inside surveying their surroundings. Siwon crinkled his nose at the strong smell of beer.

"Oh my--" Jiwon gasped, her hand reaching up to cover . Siwon turned to face the direction Jiwon was looking.

Scattered across the room were shards on glass and food. Beer and blood soaked the carpet, and in the middle of it all was Minhee. Her form was crumpled on the ground, lifeless.

In a moment they were at her side. 

"Minhee!" Jiwon shouted in hysterics.

Siwon's fingers felt her neck. There was a pulse, but it was weak. Her breaths were shallow and shaky.

"We need to get her to a hospital now." Siwon scooped her up much like the night before. Jiwon pulled open the back door of the car and Siwon laid her down gently in the back. She slid in beside the limp body as the car shot forward. Carefully, Jiwon lifted Minhee's head onto her lap and studied her. Suddenly her eyes fluttered.

"Minhee?!"

"Wait..." She groaned out.

"Don't try to talk were almost to the hospital. Everything's gong to be ok." She soothed.

"Wait-- have to-- I have to."

"What is she saying?!" Siwon shouted from the front.

"Have to clean-- the stains-- stains will set in--" Minhee rasped, attempting to hold her eyes open.

Jiwon was speechless. Someone had broken into her house and attacked her and she was worried about stains?!

Her head lolled to the side and her eyes closed again.

"Minhee!" Jiwon lightly slapped her cheeks. "You have to stay awake! We're almost there! Please!" The car came to an abrupt stop and Siwon opened the door. Jiwon jumped out and he pulled Minhee from the vehicle, cradling her to his body.

"We need help!" Jiwon yelled out as they burst through the doors. 

Medical staff surrounded them immediately. Siwon vaguely registered Minhee being taken out of his arms and placed onto a stretcher.

Then they took her away.

He was frozen.

 

 

Sorry for the short chapter! I'll try to update as soon as possible. Please review and let me know what you think. Will Minhee tell them who attacked her? Or will she go back to that jerk?

Hmmm.